d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > World Football - Soccer > Why Is Everyone So Angry About This New Euro Leag?
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8,860.00
Apr 21 2021 09:53am
Quote (MigNado @ 21 Apr 2021 16:44)
what's stopping them from winning a championship?

They can't even get to the dance, let alone compete in the dance off because you have 15 teams with private invited which will lead to their own separate TV contracts, creating super teams and leaving nothing else for anyone else.

It's a huge money grab and I'm glad it's been trashed. You should read up on it, it's a frankly shocking move by the owners who really show they couldn't give a fuck about the fans or the smaller teams. Literally not a fuck. Was it Leicester who were dogshit and over a decade got good and then won it all?

As I said, I don't watch footy coz it's shit but it's still a brazen ballsy and soulless move
Gold: 2,570.91
Apr 21 2021 04:17pm
Quote (bob(Cs2) @ 21 Apr 2021 17:53)
They can't even get to the dance, let alone compete in the dance off because you have 15 teams with private invited which will lead to their own separate TV contracts, creating super teams and leaving nothing else for anyone else.

It's a huge money grab and I'm glad it's been trashed. You should read up on it, it's a frankly shocking move by the owners who really show they couldn't give a fuck about the fans or the smaller teams. Literally not a fuck. Was it Leicester who were dogshit and over a decade got good and then won it all?

As I said, I don't watch footy coz it's shit but it's still a brazen ballsy and soulless move

this
Gold: 22,821.00
Apr 21 2021 09:47pm
Quote (bob(Cs2) @ Apr 21 2021 08:53am)

We are talking about an introductory year. Fifa just won't let anyone else have anything. If this were successful then I can see them (ESL) inviting even more teams or restructuring it so that lower teams could qualify for it. UEFA Champions League had a similar format in its roots as well.

Introduced in 1955 as the Coupe des Clubs Champions Européens (French for European Champion Clubs' Cup), and commonly known as the European Cup, it was initially a straight knockout tournament open only to the champions of Europe's domestic leagues, with its winner reckoned as the European club champion.

But as Fifa is they decided to nip it in the bud thus rendering any sort of chance available for even the best teams in Europe to have their "own" competition. Fifa and UEFA are a Monopoly and need some reform.

This post was edited by MigNado on Apr 21 2021 09:47pm
Gold: 2,570.91
Apr 22 2021 03:21pm
Quote (MigNado @ 22 Apr 2021 05:47)
We are talking about an introductory year. Fifa just won't let anyone else have anything. If this were successful then I can see them (ESL) inviting even more teams or restructuring it so that lower teams could qualify for it. UEFA Champions League had a similar format in its roots as well.

But as Fifa is they decided to nip it in the bud thus rendering any sort of chance available for even the best teams in Europe to have their "own" competition. Fifa and UEFA are a Monopoly and need some reform.

It's nothing like the format used in the roots of the UCL. You had to qualify every single season to take part, either by winning the league or the CL itself (so it was in fact much harder to participate than it was now). With the ESL, the "founding clubs" have a permanent membership. They could finish last in the league with 0 points and would still be part of the following season's ESL.
Go Back To World Football - Soccer Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll