d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Player vs. Monster > Iso Speedrun Group
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 4,397.25
Apr 17 2021 01:51am
Heyo! Over the past year+ I've been learning to speedrun a few different characters and with the advent of D2R on our doorstep I am curious if anyone on this forum would be interested in joining a group to practice co-op speedruns thru normal or even thru hell! Basically everyone would choose a class/role and we would work together to schedule practices and run thru the game as fast as possible. I'm thinking once a week or so whenever everyone is available to meetup and do practice runs would be dope. Runs through normal should take about 1ish hour and thru hell maybe 2-4 hours? Everyone specializes in a class/role and works together as a team utilizing a voice chat such as discord. I've been playing the game since launch but like I said am still learning speedrunning strategies so it would be a learning experience, my current record is a solo 1:53 with the assassin any% normal which is 35th on the leaderboards so I'm no expert! Perhaps we could even stream/record for YouTube if ppl are interested and open to that idea?

Please post/PM if you are interested in any capacity!

I hope I'm not breaking any forum rules, please let me know if this is not the appropriate place for this and I will respect the rules.

Here is an example of a well-oiled group of pro's that I'm interested in attempting to imitate : P
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWLteEz_yU0&ab_channel=MrLlamaSC

Happy slaying,
clownbabydragon
(aka wheaties212 @ jsp)
Apr 23 2021 02:12pm
Currently have 4 or 5 people interested and are starting to organize in Discord. Post or PM if you're curious!
Apr 25 2021 04:47pm
We are up to 7 or 8 people although one person says they may be unavailable so we might have one spot left if someone wants to claim it! We're having our first session this Tuesday @ 9 PM EST

I'm gonna try and stream the runs if anyone's interested in following along : )

This post was edited by wheaties212 on Apr 25 2021 04:48pm
Gold: 470.00
May 8 2021 01:44pm
I was looking for something similar to this. Mainly legit running with a group norm - hell. My schedule is kinda wacky with shift work but pm me details of what the group you have does.
May 8 2021 06:02pm
Quote (DfL- @ May 8 2021 03:44pm)
I was looking for something similar to this. Mainly legit running with a group norm - hell. My schedule is kinda wacky with shift work but pm me details of what the group you have does.

Hey thanks for posting! Figured I might as well respond here describing what we're up to in case anyone else is interested because some ppl in the group seem to be unable to meet so I think we have more open spots.

Basically yeah just trying to a get a group together to legit run through norm - hell. The idea is to have roles/classes that complement each other well and a plan that speeds it up a bit faster than a casual playthrough. Some of us were hoping to practice a bit and hopefully be ready for the ladder reset as well as the eventual D2R reset so we can all get high level chars in hell within a few hours of the resets!

We have a ton of resources/guides and have been helped personally by some ppl on the World Record team but it seems the majority of ppl in the group (when they're available) aren't looking to stress too too much about trying to beat the record some day, more just wanna have a legit group that communicates well and plays through the game efficiently.
Gold: 470.00
May 8 2021 07:19pm
Quote (wheaties212 @ May 8 2021 05:02pm)
Hey thanks for posting! Figured I might as well respond here describing what we're up to in case anyone else is interested because some ppl in the group seem to be unable to meet so I think we have more open spots.

Basically yeah just trying to a get a group together to legit run through norm - hell. The idea is to have roles/classes that complement each other well and a plan that speeds it up a bit faster than a casual playthrough. Some of us were hoping to practice a bit and hopefully be ready for the ladder reset as well as the eventual D2R reset so we can all get high level chars in hell within a few hours of the resets!

We have a ton of resources/guides and have been helped personally by some ppl on the World Record team but it seems the majority of ppl in the group (when they're available) aren't looking to stress too too much about trying to beat the record some day, more just wanna have a legit group that communicates well and plays through the game efficiently.

I'm interested in joining. Shoot me a PM. Like i said though with Shiff work my schedule is all over. If we organize enough in advance should be good.
Go Back To Player vs. Monster Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll