d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > General Help > Site Suggestions >
Poll > Streaming Section?
Prev14567810Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 4,980.00
Jul 3 2021 04:56pm
I feel that the streaming section should remain how it is (anything but deleted).

Reason being is that a few of my clients are twitch/youtube IRL streamers and if I have learned anything its that all it takes is one of our streamers from d2jsp to get big. Then you never know d2jsp may have a rush of new people or something.

it doesn't hurt anything (imo). If it was something that was making the website lose revenue etc I would understand, but I also don't think paul would leave it up if it was hurting the website.

I know it's been up a while but i'm sure as streaming keeps getting bigger and bigger so will our streaming section? I hope anyway.
Gold: 10,687.34
Warn: 90%
Jul 3 2021 07:13pm
In all truth I want d2jsp.org TV and I think we can make a win out of every opportunity if we put our minds to it and together.

This post was edited by Kyhle on Jul 3 2021 07:14pm
Jul 9 2021 10:32am
Bump.
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 80%
Jul 9 2021 11:44am
Quote (Kyhle @ Jul 3 2021 06:13pm)
In all truth I want d2jsp.org TV and I think we can make a win out of every opportunity if we put our minds to it and together.

What do you mean? Can you explain?
Gold: 4.00
Jul 9 2021 12:06pm

something like this?

Broadcast / Streaming / Live Steam

"Twitch" "Youtube" "Facebook" (most of us are using Twitch) but there is always some people who use youtube aswell & "facebook gaming". facebook gaming is a thing atm too, but not so many using it, (if they havn't got deal from facebook)

But Twitch is most biggest platform to stream, so i don't think there need to be any other than that atm.

maybe add youtube later when youtube makes their UI more user friedly for streaming.

This post was edited by rapsu on Jul 9 2021 01:48pm
Jul 9 2021 12:48pm
Quote (rapsu @ 9 Jul 2021 11:06)
https://i.imgur.com/Z7H9tET.png

something like this?

Broadcast / Streaming

"Twitch" "Youtube" "Facebook" (most of us are using Twitch) but there is always some people who use youtube aswell & "facebook gaming". facebook gaming is a thing atm too, but not so many using it, (if they havn't got deal from facebook)

But Twitch is most biggest platform to stream, so i don't think there need to be any other than that atm.

maybe add youtube later when youtube makes their UI more user friedly for streaming.

I could see an expansion on the Entertainment Sub-forum for part of this idea, but I think it is important to consider the options surrounding Live Steams for this site already and the direction to go with that. I would suggest some of this site suggestion would only be accessed and/or possibly participate in if Members have been and/or are Verified. IE this could be the introduction of Streaming Perks for those or like Members. Going this route would also help introduce other site suggestions that are currently being discussed, such as ideas with the Donate for me Tool/ Star / Friends List Rotator/ Landing Page/ More.

I would also like to see some kind addition being implemented with this section of our site. https://forums.d2jsp.org/forum.php?f=115

In my honest opinion something like this goes with the flow.

This post was edited by Kyhle on Jul 9 2021 01:14pm
Gold: Locked
Jul 9 2021 01:25pm
Interesting topic. I voted yes, though I’ve reconsidered after reading some of the comments. It’s not going to bring any new users to this site. It isn’t going to boost anyone’s sub/view count by hardly any. Unless D4 turns out to be as good as D2 was in its prime then there just isn’t enough traffic here to make a significant difference. As far as most other games go they just don’t involve jsp like d2 does so I don’t see why jsp would make changes in that aspect. It’s also worth mentioning for those that don’t know Orvar is cs:go LEGEND and unlike 99.9% of jsp’rs he actually contains superior skill in a popular game that makes him worth observing so this topic is lucky to have his opinion cuz he’s the real deal. Same can be said with Flopps and Fortnite, and both are games that are highly viewed on Twitch. If a jsp’r is to blow up on a streaming platform I’m sure the corresponding jsp community will be well aware of it and none of their streaming success will be due to jsp even if your desired subforum were to added.
Jul 9 2021 01:56pm
Quote (Seouless187 @ 9 Jul 2021 12:25)
Interesting topic. I voted yes, though I’ve reconsidered after reading some of the comments. It’s not going to bring any new users to this site. It isn’t going to boost anyone’s sub/view count by hardly any. Unless D4 turns out to be as good as D2 was in its prime then there just isn’t enough traffic here to make a significant difference. As far as most other games go they just don’t involve jsp like d2 does so I don’t see why jsp would make changes in that aspect. It’s also worth mentioning for those that don’t know Orvar is cs:go LEGEND and unlike 99.9% of jsp’rs he actually contains superior skill in a popular game that makes him worth observing so this topic is lucky to have his opinion cuz he’s the real deal. Same can be said with Flopps and Fortnite, and both are games that are highly viewed on Twitch. If a jsp’r is to blow up on a streaming platform I’m sure the corresponding jsp community will be well aware of it and none of their streaming success will be due to jsp even if your desired subforum were to added.

I believe it would give space for Members of our site to continue to enjoy what they do here while also enabling what they do outside of our site. In this regards it is a Win for many people. It would also give those users the option and space to show other members or new members a legitimate platform in which Streaming can be fun, forward in a Good direction, and in a variety of new ways.

It would certainly take some Streamers already well in the Game or of high interest of it all to decide if they wanted to seek out the variety of discussions that can be covered with Live Streaming and d2jsp.org here. Lots of these features and possibly changes would indeed cost forum gold and the idea would be to allow new and returning members to enjoy the overall features and when they Land on d2jsp.org. This is okay as quality matters and these features would need to cost enough to make it a Worth While purchase.

The idea here is more or less to be able to support a community of users in which the site here can support and by that idea it is good for those members on our site and the platforms they use. While the site here has Guilds, Live Streaming can allow for a Guild Owner to build on their Streaming Adventure and with thousands of Guild Members.

I do believe people like to Stream and I know many members here are happy to Stream. It is often used on many different platforms and by many members here. How we are able to better and support that with d2jsp.org can be a number of ways and it should be something that we like and can make room for change in the future.

I do feel the opinion is that people need to jump on the boat to get it rocking and I think Streaming can have a Big Future here and in all regards that will be good for many members all across our site.

This post was edited by Kyhle on Jul 9 2021 01:58pm
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Jul 9 2021 01:57pm
Yes.
Jul 10 2021 10:45pm
Bump.
Go Back To Site Suggestions Topic List
Prev14567810Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll