d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > Let's Discuss Blade Sentinel
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 56.00
Apr 13 2021 07:39pm
Is this skill in any way useful for PvM or PvP?
Gold: 21,250.00
Apr 13 2021 10:36pm
Nope..
Gold: 22,186.49
Apr 14 2021 04:47am
depends on your purpose

the most 'practical' usages are for VLLD ironman builds (can deal respectable damage with 4 points + claw mastery alone, and is good at zoning and punishing approaches), and townguard bladesins (capable of using simultaneous blade sentinel, whirlwind into town, guided arrow & shadow master with allied enchant on a glass cannon dex build, with venom OR 37x 451 poison charms)

in terms of normal pvm or pvp nope its a terrible slow and clumsy skill and needs all-in glass cannon gear just to hit mediocre damage, enough to NK people but not enough to clear pvm effectively

I've had a townguard bladesin and I've won a lot of ironmans by going 4 sentinel / 1 kick with gambled chain boots and imbued claw. And I can assure you its a shit skill

This post was edited by Goomshill on Apr 14 2021 04:49am
Gold: 1,110.00
Apr 14 2021 11:22am
Fury sin on the other hand is hell viable, its actually quite strong if ur lucky with some nice eth claws early on.

However your getting so annoyed by the fact that it dont pierce so u dont play it for long xD

I did a plugy wt with it, a shared stash adventure and it had some medicore claws available, and there i was 1 tapping the demons in chaos nightmare p8 xD (first entry ofc)

It shots really long, so was actually pretty nice for p8 hardcore. You dont need any ias in claws and you dont need self repl or zod, it does not break dura.

Its hard to combine with traps, due to the delayed "start-up" etc of it xD

Combine with amplify if super lucky.

Ar is another issue, but with decent gear it hits decent.

This post was edited by gel87 on Apr 14 2021 11:24am
Gold: 6.00
Apr 14 2021 01:34pm
Quote (gel87 @ Apr 14 2021 02:22pm)
Fury sin on the other hand is hell viable, its actually quite strong if ur lucky with some nice eth claws early on.

However your getting so annoyed by the fact that it dont pierce so u dont play it for long xD

I did a plugy wt with it, a shared stash adventure and it had some medicore claws available, and there i was 1 tapping the demons in chaos nightmare p8 xD (first entry ofc)

It shots really long, so was actually pretty nice for p8 hardcore. You dont need any ias in claws and you dont need self repl or zod, it does not break dura.

Its hard to combine with traps, due to the delayed "start-up" etc of it xD

Combine with amplify if super lucky.

Ar is another issue, but with decent gear it hits decent.

Also played hardcore ladder asn with blade fury and tried adding in blade sentinel. Unfortunately i ditched blade sentinel as it wasn’t doing much past act 1 hell
For blade fury was using
death ethereal ettin axe,
2os Visionary blood helmet (took a lot of perfect rubies)
angelics rings and amulet, (ar bonus)
lance guard
hsarus boots n belt (ar bonus)
Steelrend gloves
Stuff with sockets got 40% ed jewels
Obediance on merc but i always borrowed it for the enchant proc (+227%attack rating for 15 minutes)

Blade fury is one of the only attacks in game that relies on hit chance without any AR bonus!
Gold: 2,489.69
Apr 14 2021 01:42pm
Quote (Goomshill @ Apr 14 2021 05:47am)
depends on your purpose

the most 'practical' usages are for VLLD ironman builds (can deal respectable damage with 4 points + claw mastery alone, and is good at zoning and punishing approaches), and townguard bladesins (capable of using simultaneous blade sentinel, whirlwind into town, guided arrow & shadow master with allied enchant on a glass cannon dex build, with venom OR 37x 451 poison charms)

in terms of normal pvm or pvp nope its a terrible slow and clumsy skill and needs all-in glass cannon gear just to hit mediocre damage, enough to NK people but not enough to clear pvm effectively

I've had a townguard bladesin and I've won a lot of ironmans by going 4 sentinel / 1 kick with gambled chain boots and imbued claw. And I can assure you its a shit skill

rushing smith solo is BM, there, i said it.
Gold: 22,186.49
Apr 14 2021 02:47pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Apr 14 2021 02:42pm)
rushing smith solo is BM, there, i said it.

getting an ironman with a sane ruleset was always a challenge to begin with, nobody ever figured to specify forge quest, so burst of speed >
Gold: 720.00
Apr 14 2021 09:07pm
It's useful within PVP if used properly.
Gold: 27.00
Apr 14 2021 11:58pm
Quote (mmx @ 14 Apr 2021 21:34)
Also played hardcore ladder asn with blade fury and tried adding in blade sentinel. Unfortunately i ditched blade sentinel as it wasn’t doing much past act 1 hell
For blade fury was using
death ethereal ettin axe,
2os Visionary blood helmet (took a lot of perfect rubies)
angelics rings and amulet, (ar bonus)
lance guard
hsarus boots n belt (ar bonus)
Steelrend gloves
Stuff with sockets got 40% ed jewels
Obediance on merc but i always borrowed it for the enchant proc (+227%attack rating for 15 minutes)

Blade fury is one of the only attacks in game that relies on hit chance without any AR bonus!

I also have a blade fury assa. You must use infinity on merc for the -83% def.
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll