d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Dead Game?
1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,105.00
Apr 12 2021 02:38pm
A fair sized grp of players would return if gearing a gg character didnt mean spending a couple grand in the process. There's probably 10 max "non-bot" players logging in every day and grinding it out and the market for US EAST sccnl items is horid. Since my recent return to the game and exit from active duty deployment ive noticed that this game is really dying. I have no issue spending hundreds of dollars on FG and supporting the community but for a returning player it seems you have 2 options. Spend hundreds of dollars to be "ok" geared or thousands to be geared gg/pp. As i said before... i have no issue spending serious cash on this medium but my friends who would like to get into the game and honestly....restore a little bit of the community are turned off because the prices of non PP/ gg gear is so high that they would rather play path of exile or another dungeon crawler alternative. What do we do to change this? How do we make this game playable for new players. Lets not mention BVB.There really is no sense of even trying to make a proper bvb unless youre willing to put up almost 20kfg to even compete. How do we make it to where we have more than 10 people to play against? How do we get the game back to the point of logging in and seeing a half dozen games that aren't just bots spamming CS? Id say the first step is making some gear more affordable when you actually find a player interested in owning and using an item. Rather than bumping a bin price for a week and then putting the item back on a mule to stay until an unrealistic price of years past that will never come is offered. PP and really GG items will always find their way to the high wealth players. As they should. However.... this middle of the mark gear going for hundreds of FG or else itll sit on that mule for another year is killing the community. I for one would love to have more people to play with if it meant selling my finds for a little less sometimes then so be it. I know this post is going to draw hate but honestly... i don't care. I started playing when i was 12 and now im typing this msg out as a 33 year old. D2 is still and will prob always be my #1 video game to play. Just so its not hollow words.... anyone who is just starting back up and would like to get a foot on the ground let me know.I'll step up and do what we need to rejuvenate our community. I'll help with forum gold, really nice items that i have on mules and my time rushing you and answering any questions you may have. Again... i know this post is going to draw more hate than positivity. Im only trying to bring our community back to life I have 4 real life friends right now wanting to get back into D2. However... spending 300$ USD on forum gold wont even scratch the surface of the somewhat modest expectations they have for gearing a character to do a little BVB or what have you. This really needs to change or there's only going to be a few of us left... sitting on all of our awesome items with zero people to trade them to and only our bots to run CS with. Oh wait... looks like that's already the case. It honestly saddens me and i wish we could come together as a community to make us grow and have D2 classic back as an active and healthy game.
Gold: 379.50
Apr 12 2021 03:27pm
good post!
Gold: 20.00
Apr 12 2021 06:42pm
Escnl is a terrible realm, go ladder dude, people are cooler and more skilled pk
Gold: 0.48
Apr 12 2021 09:37pm
Quote (lulle @ Apr 12 2021 11:27pm)
good post!

Orka du ens läsa allt de där?😂
Gold: 15,800.00
Apr 12 2021 11:34pm
This wont change and there is no way to change it ... Its like trying to approach global topics / issues with different nations, continents ... mentalities ... The ritch guys will never let go of their "wealth" ... Sadly it's in our human nature

Only a green field will offer the opportunity for everyone to start equally ... This green field is d2r ... But dont expect this to stay forever ... Maybe it will take 1-2 years and there will be the same situation again ... But 1-2 years to me is worth it ... I am also 33 y/o and I am really reducing my gaming hours from year to year ... Every other game bores me after a while ... At least d2r will give me that nostalgia feeling again for a short period ... Before I finally say goodbye d2 and move on

Peace

This post was edited by SIVIART on Apr 12 2021 11:39pm
Gold: 379.50
Apr 13 2021 03:20am
Quote (Yummie @ Apr 13 2021 05:37am)
Orka du ens läsa allt de där?😂

inte ens en mening haha
Gold: 1,872.00
Apr 13 2021 04:47am
imo more ppl play hc classic, than soft. at least at europe ladder, from my observations ^^

This post was edited by Insi_Cannabis on Apr 13 2021 04:47am
Gold: 1.05
Apr 15 2021 11:49am
Sure
Gold: 3.00
Apr 15 2021 12:24pm
First of all, thank you for your service. As awkward as that makes me feel when others say the same to me, I still commend others for giving up their personal freedom and a part of their life for serving what they deem to be a noble cause. I served in the U.S. Air Force from 2002 to 2006. That being said, I also missed out on a lot of earlier opportunities in Diablo 2 to hoard some legit 'wealth' with pre-patch items, etc. I've been on and off of D2 since I got out of the military (see my JSP join date for example), but even so I've tended to gravitate more towards playing the ladder seasons simply for reasons akin to what you've described. You're not going to be very competitive with the top non-ladder players simply because the likelihood of having access to those items is slim to nil. I also like the fresh start each season and the excitement of gearing up new characters and finding items that will actually sell in a fresh economy, however I've also gone awol from D2 from time to time to play other games such as Path of Exile. I plan on playing D2R religiously when it's officially released (as long as Blizzard doesn't muck around too much with 'QOL' changes and ruin the experience), however I'm still enjoying other games at the moment while I pass the time such as Last Epoch (terrific game by the way).

This post was edited by KurosakiIchigo on Apr 15 2021 12:29pm
Gold: 565.30
Apr 15 2021 12:26pm
2021 join date LOLs. Go away you insufferable nerd.
Go Back To Diablo 2 Discussion Topic List
1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll