d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > User Blogs > Nostalgia
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 100.09
Apr 12 2021 09:12am
I wrote this is my profile in 2011 and wanted to remove it but never forget it:

Long ago, in a distant and forgotten land, there were these things called items that players used to find. Over time, the players grew unsatisfied with what they could find on their own. Their greed drove them to do terrible things. It began with the dreadful implementation of an idea called maphack. Some bad players were upset that they were taking too long to find Catacombs Level 4. One thing led to another and, well, then players were mad that they had to spend their own time looking at their maphacks, so they traded a fraction of their souls to the organ grinders for the technology to create robotic plug-ins. The plug-ins were used by a small group of people and they garnered many unidentified shakos and skullders. Eventually the small sect of players who possessed these robotic capabilities were no longer content with their constant income of SOJs. So they sold their technology to the spies. Although this event was unfortunate, there were few positive things that came along with it. Sometimes, some atrociously bad players who did not know how to use the robotic technology they were given would lose their gear and cry for hours. They would often whine on the very website that was used to massively transmit the robotic technology to other very bad players who pay for items. Items. Items were these things such as, but not limited to, gloves, belts, helms, weapons, rings, and boots. Eventually, the really bad players got tired of waiting for 8 of their robotic hammerdins to find runes for them to dupe. And once they finished rolling back their runewords a few times, they found a way to make fake items - mostly circlets, amulets, and boots - and sell them for massive profit. It's a vicious, progressively degenerate chain of Diablo 2 history, and every person who reads this is a part of it.
Apr 27 2021 07:19am
Gonna use this as a nostalgia section for miscellaneous game stuff

So I reached 10m power finally in Ulala on 4/22

Today I hit level 184. I'm ranked 43rd strongest gladiator on the north America server

I'm also 92 on my classic ladder barb, sorc, and pally. My necro will be 92 tomorrow.

This week I bought some legacy a5 items that I'm really excited to hold onto and keep adding to my collection. I bought a topazd twitch and a amethystd biggins. Next I want a 74 tarn and a 69 ward

This post was edited by Humility on Apr 27 2021 07:20am
May 8 2021 05:41pm
41st ranked gladiator at 10.5m power

My team already hit level 200 Greyblade Hoodoo
Go Back To User Blogs Topic List
Add Reply New Topic