d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Graphic Design > Best Software For Signatures And Avatars
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Apr 19 2021 11:48am
Quote (rinirax @ Apr 15 2021 03:22pm)
i can recommend affinity photo
usually costs 30$, pay once and own it forever

I've recommended this several times in the past too.
I used PS, PSE, had CS subscription, and Affinity Photo/Affinity Designer saved me tons of money, while granting a very familiar work environment.
The only thing I find lacking in Affinity is being able to work with gifs, which isn't something I care too much about personally.
I personally got it in beta and enjoyed free updates for quite a while, cheaper than PSE (one time payment for a lite version of photoshop with no subscription) and hell of a lot cheaper than a monthly subscription to Adobe.
Photoshop is superior, mostly because of the extra features that make certain things easier, so if you're willing to spend extra, go for it, at least give it a try.
If you're looking to save money, Affinity is great, and it is currently on sale so it's a good time to pick it up.

Quote (Wretch @ Apr 12 2021 08:08pm)
Photoshop and Illustrator are definitely the standard, and for good reason. Something new (to me) i found last year and found to be really helpful was a program called Topaz Gigapixel AI

Really, any software from Topaz Labs (some are even Photoshop plugins) can be very handy. They've been around for a long time, worth checking out imo.

I've also recommended Gigapixel in the past. It's basically a program dedicated to upscaling images.
I purchased Topaz products because they advertised a one time payment for their program, then later decided to sell yearly licenses to updates.
You still keep the purchases, but can't update them unless you purchase them again... which sucks imho.
It will let you download the update, but then won't let you use the program, so you have to uninstall and revert to an old version, which is a pain in the ass and waste of time.
Topaz effects can be nice, but can easily be overused and overdone.
There was a time when topaz effects flooded the graphics section, and everything looked the same :lol:
Gold: 8,700.33
Apr 21 2021 11:54am
Started use Photoshop for it and works just perfec, ofc after tcheck alot of tutorials
Apr 21 2021 04:38pm
Quote (Kokua @ Apr 19 2021 12:48pm)
I've recommended this several times in the past too.
I used PS, PSE, had CS subscription, and Affinity Photo/Affinity Designer saved me tons of money, while granting a very familiar work environment.
The only thing I find lacking in Affinity is being able to work with gifs, which isn't something I care too much about personally.
I personally got it in beta and enjoyed free updates for quite a while, cheaper than PSE (one time payment for a lite version of photoshop with no subscription) and hell of a lot cheaper than a monthly subscription to Adobe.
Photoshop is superior, mostly because of the extra features that make certain things easier, so if you're willing to spend extra, go for it, at least give it a try.
If you're looking to save money, Affinity is great, and it is currently on sale so it's a good time to pick it up.

I've also recommended Gigapixel in the past. It's basically a program dedicated to upscaling images.
I purchased Topaz products because they advertised a one time payment for their program, then later decided to sell yearly licenses to updates.
You still keep the purchases, but can't update them unless you purchase them again... which sucks imho.
It will let you download the update, but then won't let you use the program, so you have to uninstall and revert to an old version, which is a pain in the ass and waste of time.
Topaz effects can be nice, but can easily be overused and overdone.
There was a time when topaz effects flooded the graphics section, and everything looked the same :lol:

There is Affinity photo and Affinity designer, which to pick? Also, can I make good signatures like the ones on your jsp?
Gold: 1,595.00
Apr 22 2021 02:12am
Quote (Smellybandaid @ 22 Apr 2021 00:38)
There is Affinity photo and Affinity designer, which to pick? Also, can I make good signatures like the ones on your jsp?

affinity photo is the one to go for signatures, I use it for all my signatures
i have never used affinity designer but i guess you could use that for signatures as well.
you could always just download the free trial for both (under the buy now button) then buy the one you like
https://affinity.serif.com/en-us/designer/#buy
https://affinity.serif.com/en-us/photo/#buy

if you have more questions about the program just let me know
Apr 22 2021 03:50am
Quote (Smellybandaid @ Apr 21 2021 05:38pm)

Both are good, Affinity Photo is similar to Photoshop, while Designer is similar to Illustrator
Photo uses pixels, Designer uses vectors (with a pixel mode to go back and forth depending on the project)
For most people here, Photo would be the go-to, however if you wanted to make vector sigs or design logos, go for Designer

Whether or not you're able to make sigs of certain quality is limited by your personal experience and skill, programs available, and the amount of time and effort you invest into your work
If you're asking whether or not this program is any good, I'd say yes. Photoshop has a few more things that make things faster or more convenient, but it's a great alternative for a tiny fraction of the cost in comparison
Gold: 3,150.00
Apr 22 2021 07:14am
Affinity Photo is on sale as well, 50% off brings it down to 25$ USD.
I'm considering picking it up myself, the tools & layout look similar to a version of photoshop I used years ago
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 30%
Apr 22 2021 07:39am
Photoshop
Go Back To Graphic Design Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll