d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > General Help > Site Suggestions >
Poll > Pm Box Size
Prev12
Closed New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 342.00
Apr 11 2021 08:15pm
Don't think this would happen as it would conflict with the perks of "Verified" status.

For archiving PMs, could save them in personal notepads on the site.

Gold: 10,687.34
Warn: 90%
Apr 11 2021 10:45pm
Quote (Djsem @ 11 Apr 2021 18:15)
Issue is that someone else is getting the fg (which may not even be known to them as you suggested).
What if the gifted user spends the fg, then the donator decides to dispute the charge?

Good points. I feel with the current site set up it could be possible to manage these kind of issues. In the idea to prevent abuse of the ability to buy "GiftCards" for others maybe the user buying buying the gift card needs to hold onto it for a period amount of time before being able to send it to someone. I also feel like the person who would be receiving the GiftCard type of purchases would have to accept it before receiving it. These type of transactions could also only be available to Verified Members or Possibly Recent Customers, users who are more likely to consider making a purchase or donation for themselves or someone else in the first place. It would also be a solution to the idea that extra account privileges/perks continue to be focused around Real Purchases and following the site rules. As the site has transitioned to showing Top Customers, giftcarding could be a new incentive for people to continue to rise to the top but in a community commodity type of way. As the site may continue to introduce Customer or Verified Perks I feel like a solution to this site suggestion would be cool to involve sales. ;)

This post was edited by Sempervirens on Apr 11 2021 10:47pm
Gold: 503.33
Apr 12 2021 08:47am
Quote (Sempervirens @ Apr 11 2021 11:45pm)
Good points. I feel with the current site set up it could be possible to manage these kind of issues. In the idea to prevent abuse of the ability to buy "GiftCards" for others maybe the user buying buying the gift card needs to hold onto it for a period amount of time before being able to send it to someone. I also feel like the person who would be receiving the GiftCard type of purchases would have to accept it before receiving it. These type of transactions could also only be available to Verified Members or Possibly Recent Customers, users who are more likely to consider making a purchase or donation for themselves or someone else in the first place. It would also be a solution to the idea that extra account privileges/perks continue to be focused around Real Purchases and following the site rules. As the site has transitioned to showing Top Customers, giftcarding could be a new incentive for people to continue to rise to the top but in a community commodity type of way. As the site may continue to introduce Customer or Verified Perks I feel like a solution to this site suggestion would be cool to involve sales. ;)

can u make a separate thread for ur giftcards please
Gold: 10,687.34
Warn: 90%
Apr 12 2021 02:27pm
Quote (NOTGAY @ 12 Apr 2021 07:47)
can u make a separate thread for ur giftcards please

Sorry. Did not mean to toss in so much about it here. Just seemed like a possible solution. Since it has been mentioned do you think someone would gift you Customer Perks so you could have an increase in inbox size? In theory you might be able to trade forum gold for someone to send you a d2jsp.org giftcard...

Another idea would be able to start a vault system for pms. I made a site suggestion about that awhile ago. https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=83978069&f=258

Either way I agree that users should be able to increase pm size and by means of trading forum gold. How a system could be set up for that and good for the site? I don't know. Discuss?

This post was edited by Sempervirens on Apr 12 2021 02:30pm
Trade Moderator
Gold: 173,225.00
Trader: Trusted
Apr 12 2021 02:36pm
I would be fine with an alternative way to increase voted yes

This post was edited by Greenbay_Fan on Apr 12 2021 02:40pm
Junior Moderator
Gold: 612,512.00
Apr 12 2021 02:47pm
I think renting PM box space wouldn't be a bad idea. Forum Gold sinks improve the Forum Gold economy and create an artificial scarcity. If it's implemented I think it should be like LS vault space. Something you have to continually pay for and not a one-and-done.
Gold: 157,599.69
Apr 12 2021 02:48pm
Quote (Munky @ Apr 12 2021 01:47pm)
I think renting PM box space wouldn't be a bad idea. Forum Gold sinks improve the Forum Gold economy and create an artificial scarcity. If it's implemented I think it should be like LS vault space. Something you have to continually pay for and not a one-and-done.

A one and done isn't an awful concept though, similar to orbs or getting stars. Once you got em, you keep them.
Gold: 3.60
Apr 12 2021 03:36pm
It's not a bad idea. I can see the pros and cons. I'm only against it because I like to focus on the future.
Clinging to the past is never healthy for me. I wouldn't want to have past PMs saved. I'd rather let it go.
Admin
Gold: 172,310.00
Apr 12 2021 04:19pm
Sorry but this isn't something we're considering at this time. Thanks for your suggestion however.
Go Back To Site Suggestions Topic List
Prev12
Closed New Topic New Poll