d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Computers & IT > Computer Building > New Gaming Computer For Dual Pc Setup
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,356.00
Apr 9 2021 10:25pm
hello everyone,

i am a streamer/content creator looking at getting a dual PC setup

my current PC is:
AMD Ryzen 5
32 gb ram
X470 Gaming Plus Motherboard
ATI Radeon RX 580

I want to turn this into a stream PC and build a new gaming PC for $2000 CAD

i mainly play FPS games
my main game is Apex legends

but i want it to be able to play games with decent graphics to make everything look better for videos

can anyone help me out a bit with parts?
just need the PC, no keyboard/monitor or anything else

im not really knowledgeable in PC's so is this even a good idea? or what
Gold: 40,605.01
Apr 10 2021 01:37pm
That's a very elaborate setup and hardcore if you want to have a two PC setup for streaming and gaming. The computer doing the actual streaming will need a good amount of CPU power, while the gaming PC is ok with a Ryzen 5. In other words, my advice to you is to use your existing PC into the gaming PC, while you build another as the stream PC. Streaming uses more CPU than GPU.

One point of clarification is needed in your statement. What do you mean by "play games with decent graphics to make everything look better for videos"? The RX 580 should be decent at 1080p or is it not enough to your standard? Or are you pushing it to 1440p?

Or are you saying when you stream, the video quality of the stream is lower than your expectation? If the stream quality is low, then that's your internet bandwidth and CPU power lacking.
Gold: 31,826.45
Apr 10 2021 05:11pm
Unless you have a very particular reason of wanting a dual PC setup I'd highly advise using a nvidia GPU with a dedicated NVENC encoder instead of using a dual pc setup. It's going to have minimal impact on both your CPU and GPU performance and still give you a great looking stream. Dual PC setups can become problematic pretty quickly so be 100% certain you absolutely need one before you go for it.

I'd say sell the old PC and get a prebuilt so you can get a 3000 series nvidia GPU fairly easily with the current shortages and have an amazing, simple, and versatile gaming/streaming PC.
Gold: 342.00
Apr 10 2021 05:22pm
Why CPU do you have now? I assume it isn't fifth gen since you are using X470 mobo.
What are the ram speeds for the 32gb ram?

Checking to see if anything from the previous build can be kept.
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 40%
Apr 10 2021 07:33pm
I'm sure your 3 viewers don't give you enough revenue to warrant this setup
Go Back To Computer Building Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll