d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Homework Help > Need Homework Done Easy If Your English
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Apr 2 2021 03:20am
i am Swedish and need to write a debate article in English 300-500 words for my English class.
I am to lazy too do it my self looking for some one too write it for me.
Looking to pay 2000 fg for it. Your chance too make 2k for 3-4 hours of work max.
if your intressed post here and i send 500 fg upfront and 1500 when its done
if no one want too do this i start my self toomorrow need it done in 3 days

Instructions

Part 1. Start by reading the pieces below carefully, taking note of what arguments are used and how they are supported. Pick at least one argument from the text you have chosen that you can disprove, or show that it can be seen in a different way. Quote this argument, and respond to it. Then fill out your text with more arguments for your point of view.

This part of the assignment should be between 300 and 500 words long.

Remember to support your arguments with relevant information, you need to use at least two sources for your text.

the article we need to argue against:
Stop using computers in schools
Today’s youth are very adept at using computers. This is not a bad thing in itself, but enough is enough. In 2015 the BBC wrote article saying that children aged 5-16 spent, on average, 6 hours or more per day in front of a screen (Wakefield, 2015); in a more recent article in the Telegraph, Science Editor Sarah Knapton says that the time that can be spent in front of a computer each day without danger is 257 minutes, or roughly 4,5 hours (Knapton, 2017). This means that the average teenager spends 90 minutes more on screens than is healthy.
Part of why this problem exists is because schools are based around IT these days. Instead of using encyclopaedias, students are encouraged to look for information online; instead of writing with a pen and paper, they type their notes and papers on computers; instead of printed worksheets with exercises in math, teachers use websites where they collect math problems for the students to solve. Not only does this make the students sit stationary for long periods of time, it also hampers things like motor skills and the systematic thinking needed to find the correct word in a printed encyclopaedia (now you only have to type the word into a search engine).
In Sweden, we have truly taken it too far. The Local reported in 2013 that a school in Stockholm has a compulsory Minecraft class (Gee, 2013), as if the student laptops were not already used mostly for games which results in school results dropping in comparison to other OECD countries’ (Unknown journalist, 2013).
What I suggest is this: Stop using computers in schools. It is important for our youth to get into the habit of reading books, using their hands and it is very important for them not to sit stationary for as long as they do.
JP, 2017

Sources
Gee, O. (2013, 9 January). Swedish school makes Minecraft a must. Thelocal.se. Retrieved 2017-08-25 from https://www.thelocal.se/20130109/45514
Knapton, S. (2017, 13 January). 257 Minutes: the time teens can spend on computers each day before harming wellbeing. The Telegraph. Retrieved 2017-09-01, from http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/2017/01/13/257-minutes-time-teens-can-spend-computers-day-harming-wellbeing/
Unknown journalist (2013, 3 December). Sweden tumbles in global schools ranking. Thelocal.se. Retrieved 2017-08-15 from https://www.thelocal.se/20131203/sweden-slides-in-global-education-rank-pisa-students-schools
Wakefield, J. (2015, 27 March). Children spend six hours or more a day on screens. BBC. Retrieved 2017-08-27, from http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-32067158

Part 2. Briefly describe the sources you have chosen. Present your reasons for choosing these sources. Discuss their strengths and weaknesses. Please discuss each source separately. This part should be between 150-250 words long.
* The debate article should be between 300 and 500 words long.

* There must be at least one reference to an argument from the article you are responding to, with a counter-argument of your own.

* This text is meant to be published in a newspaper. Use appropiate language.

* The text must be supported by at least two sources. One of them must be in English.

This post was edited by Salminen on Apr 2 2021 03:37am
Gold: 342.00
Apr 3 2021 12:41am
Interested in doing this debate article, let me know.
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Apr 3 2021 01:16am
Quote (Arctis @ Apr 3 2021 08:41am)
Interested in doing this debate article, let me know.

its done sorry
Gold: 342.00
Apr 3 2021 01:16am
Quote (Salminen @ Apr 3 2021 03:16pm)
its done sorry

Gotcha
Go Back To Homework Help Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll