d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Baseball > Francisco Lindor
Prev123
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,831,931.02
Apr 5 2021 01:18am
Quote (MichaelPorterJr @ Apr 4 2021 07:43am)
Ideally they'll be doing well. Cohen just demonstrated he's not afraid to make something happen for the best of the team. It's be awkward paying $34m a year to a DH in 7 years, but I'd the Mets are great for that first 5 or 6, directly because of him, then it's worth it.

Lindor is never going to be a full time DH. He's to valuable defensively as long as he isn't injured. Sure he might not be a gold glove SS at that point in his career, but he could easily play 2nd or if needed 3rd.
Apr 5 2021 01:32am
Quote (fuzzy159 @ Apr 4 2021 10:16pm)
Harper still gets on base at a very good rate. He isn't getting the insane numbers of his MVP year but he's still a solid All Star player with the potential to put up some 8+ WAR seasons.

Trout might go down as the best player ever so it is hard to compare them to each other now. Offensively Betts and Harper aren't too far apart. Lately Betts has definitely been better but Harper has shown he can do as good if not better. The defensive side of the game is what separates Betts from him. Harper is a liability on defense and Betts is great.

I was basically going to say similar.

Trout is one of the best players the game has ever seen and plays it in CF which only increases his value so it's hard to say someone isn't Mike Trout, because nobody is. Betts has a huge advantage over Harper when it comes to defense, Betts has a handful of gold gloves and changed the series against the braves last year with his defense alone. Harper has more raw power but Betts gains some extra base hits that harper doesn't because of his good speed. Also the stolen bases are a long ways apart.
Gold: 6.91
Apr 5 2021 03:51am
Quote (Lakeshow906 @ 5 Apr 2021 03:18)
Lindor is never going to be a full time DH. He's to valuable defensively as long as he isn't injured. Sure he might not be a gold glove SS at that point in his career, but he could easily play 2nd or if needed 3rd.

For the majority of this contract, I do agree with you. In years 8-10, though, I'm not sure. A premium position like SS at 37+ years old seems a bit unrealistic, tbh. Maybe he'll surprise, buy we'll just have to see how it goes.
Apr 5 2021 04:17am
Quote (MichaelPorterJr @ Apr 5 2021 05:51am)
For the majority of this contract, I do agree with you. In years 8-10, though, I'm not sure. A premium position like SS at 37+ years old seems a bit unrealistic, tbh. Maybe he'll surprise, buy we'll just have to see how it goes.

He won't be playing SS at 37 that's nearly a given but he will be able to play 2nd or 3rd no problem.

I'm not saying he's staying at SS for the entire contract, just saying he'll never be a DH. He might DH a handful of games for rest or other reasons but he'll never be considered a DH.
Gold: 0.00
Trader: Trusted
Apr 5 2021 04:58am
Quote (MichaelPorterJr @ 5 Apr 2021 05:51)

Idk guys like Jeter were able to do the things Lindor is doing now and just keep going. I guess what I can say is I'm hoping Lindor leads the Mets in a Jeter like way to get to where the Yankees were. Jeter was the true leader of that team for a really long time. Same with David Wright for the Mets and he led and almost led us to 3 great years including 2015 at the tail end. I guess I can dream :)
Gold: 6.91
Apr 5 2021 10:53am
Quote (Lakeshow906 @ 5 Apr 2021 06:17)
He won't be playing SS at 37 that's nearly a given but he will be able to play 2nd or 3rd no problem.

I'm not saying he's staying at SS for the entire contract, just saying he'll never be a DH. He might DH a handful of games for rest or other reasons but he'll never be considered a DH.

I see what you mean. I misunderstood. I agree with you.

Quote (Culinary @ 5 Apr 2021 06:58)
Idk guys like Jeter were able to do the things Lindor is doing now and just keep going. I guess what I can say is I'm hoping Lindor leads the Mets in a Jeter like way to get to where the Yankees were. Jeter was the true leader of that team for a really long time. Same with David Wright for the Mets and he led and almost led us to 3 great years including 2015 at the tail end. I guess I can dream :)

With the type of player and person Lindor seems to be, I think that's entirely possible. I don't want to talk dynasty by any means, but a perennial contender and couple time Series winner would be nice.

Like Lindor said, "make the Mets the organization everyone wants to be a part of."
Apr 6 2021 03:43am
Quote (MichaelPorterJr @ Apr 5 2021 12:53pm)
I see what you mean. I misunderstood. I agree with you.

With the type of player and person Lindor seems to be, I think that's entirely possible. I don't want to talk dynasty by any means, but a perennial contender and couple time Series winner would be nice.

Like Lindor said, "make the Mets the organization everyone wants to be a part of."

At least Lindor won't be handing out herpes the way Jeter did to lots of people.
Gold: 2,250.00
Apr 28 2021 10:45am
Lindor off to a great start
Go Back To Baseball Topic List
Prev123
Add Reply New Topic New Poll