d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher > LS Character Builds > What Clvl To Solo/2man Group Maps For Mlvl Cap?
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 181,534.76
Apr 3 2021 12:29am
Quote (izParagonzi @ 3 Apr 2021 08:14)
Oh I think I need to explain this a bit more for Rabbit and Cheeya to respond in a confident manner.

Map: Level 25 has a Monster Level Cap of 50 (this is true)
Monster Level 50 has a chance to drop level 45 items (this is true)
If an EP that is Level 45 up to level 50 spawns, the Drop Quality can influence the Tier level to level 55 (again this is true)

The Map level being 25 is NOT the MONSTER level cap, the MONSTER lvl cap is 50 and the DROP quality is based ON MONSTER LEVEL AND NOT THE MAP LEVEL... true or false??????

OMFG... let us trashcan a level 25 map because it is shit that only drops lower tier items... fucking moronic

A level 25 map can simply not drop 55s unless it has +level cap

This is a fact, you cannot come up with some garbage reason for why it can. It simply doesn't happen, ever. Have fun living in your own fantasy universe :P

Show me a video of you finding a lvl 55 item in a level 25 map that does not have +level cap or gtfo. I want to see the full video from start to finish. Should be easy, right? Do it and prove me wrong.
Gold: 8,888.89
Apr 3 2021 12:34am
Quote (RabbitRoyal @ Apr 3 2021 07:29pm)
A level 25 map can simply not drop 55s unless it has +level cap

This is a fact, you cannot come up with some garbage reason for why it can. It simply doesn't happen, ever. Have fun living in your own fantasy universe :P

Show me a video of you finding a lvl 55 item in a level 25 map that does not have +level cap or gtfo. I want to see the full video from start to finish. Should be easy, right? Do it and prove me wrong.

Test it out if you think I am incorrect... the Monster level does NOT get influenced because of the map level, as you stated before and unintentionally confirmed that you have found level 55 items in a normal catacomb.

Oh... think hard on this... Monster level and drop quality... map or catacomb... which is manipulated? Are you saying that Paul has coded maps to Capping item quality drops even though the Monster drop quality should be higher???? think hard.. are you going to say that Paul is manipulating drop quality because of map level?

This post was edited by izParagonzi on Apr 3 2021 12:37am
Apr 3 2021 01:22am
Sorry could not edit.

The question I should have asked is simple:

Have you ever found an item that is TierXI or above when exploring a Map that is level 25?
Gold: 15,283.74
Apr 12 2021 12:13pm
This was a little tl for me and I didn't r, but...

I do believe it is possible to get a lvl 55 item to drop on a lvl 25 map with no level cap without any event properties, but there are a few conditions that should need to be met. When calculating what should be able to drop, I have often been off by 1 tier (conservatively) because almost all of my testing is solo. However, there is an item quality (level) bonus for drops in multiplayer games that goes beyond what can be expected by increased monster level spread alone (since the latter mechanic would still not allow monsters to go over the cap in a map, unlike in catacombs).

The conditions should be:
1) 4 or 5 player group. I think 3 player group would still be too small to get enough of a boost to go beyond tier XIII
2) Driver near the monster level cap of the map. I believe that I've never seen 1 tier above expected where the driver was more than 6 levels below the level requirement of the drop.
3) Extreme luck. Out of quite a lot of mapping adventures I've done, I've only ever been surprised by the tier dropping outside of my expectations a handful of times. It's possible that some of the people I've run with remember those times because I would have freaked out in chat saying something like "THIS SHOULD NOT BE POSSIBLE!!" or "LOL 1 TIER HIGHER THAN MAX?"

Sorry, I realize that this is just one of those topics where we make fun of Rex for being so wrong about something so obvious, and then he fights back with completely irrelevant arguments because he just loves arguing and making us upset... but yeah I think he is right here, at least a little, whether he really knows it or not :P
Gold: 8,026.91
Apr 12 2021 12:14pm
Apr 12 2021 01:35pm
Quote (BWConformity @ Apr 13 2021 06:13am)

I do believe it is possible to get a lvl 55 item to drop on a lvl 25 map with no level cap without any event properties, but there are a few conditions that should need to be met. When calculating what should be able to drop, I have often been off by 1 tier (conservatively) because almost all of my testing is solo. However, there is an item quality (level) bonus for drops in multiplayer games that goes beyond what can be expected by increased monster level spread alone (since the latter mechanic would still not allow monsters to go over the cap in a map, unlike in catacombs).

1) 4 or 5 player group. I think 3 player group would still be too small to get enough of a boost to go beyond tier XIII
2) Driver near the monster level cap of the map. I believe that I've never seen 1 tier above expected where the driver was more than 6 levels below the level requirement of the drop.
3) Extreme luck. Out of quite a lot of mapping adventures I've done, I've only ever been surprised by the tier dropping outside of my expectations a handful of times. It's possible that some of the people I've run with remember those times because I would have freaked out in chat saying something like "THIS SHOULD NOT BE POSSIBLE!!" or "LOL 1 TIER HIGHER THAN MAX?"

Sorry, I realize that this is just one of those topics where we make fun of Rex for being so wrong about something so obvious, and then he fights back with completely irrelevant arguments because he just loves arguing and making us upset... but yeah I think he is right here, at least a little, whether he really knows it or not :P

The last posts were off topic, just from testing lately the highest tier (only a couple of times) was level 50... solo.

Been testing the original post and some others have posted results... I was correct about the level to start the level 25 maps, so that was a good thing, also tested level 40 map... started @ level 40 and completed by 59.65% ... but forgot that the Event had 18% Exp Cap, so back to retesting.

Thanks for post though... was a good read.
Gold: 3,106.03
Apr 16 2021 03:02pm
if you are worried about leveling to much on softcore why not just let yourself die here and there? or is there something other then an experience penalty that i have not noticed?
Apr 16 2021 05:19pm
Quote (im317 @ Apr 17 2021 09:02am)
if you are worried about leveling to much on softcore why not just let yourself die here and there? or is there something other then an experience penalty that i have not noticed?

I only play Hardcore, not going to die, and when I was on Softcore, I didn't want to die because of the penalty to losing proficiency points.

Last few tests:

10+ EP level 40 map (best around level 40.. but the event had like +18% Exp Cap, then next test was 13% experience, not a great example)

Just finished testing another level 40 map only with +5 EPs and Event with 0% experience gain mods, started at 45.xx% and completed it @ level 65, which is the perfect Mlvl cap... well I just hit 65 on the second to last square, and last square is only a chest anyway... :D

This post was edited by izParagonzi on Apr 16 2021 05:20pm
Gold: 181,534.76
Apr 16 2021 06:42pm
Quote (BWConformity @ 12 Apr 2021 20:13)

Yeah, but Rex and I are both solo players so that is what we are talking about. I can’t say anything about what is possible in groups, it could very well be possible that it can happen then. I can’t say anything about that since I only solo. I don’t think that it would be super likely even in a 5 man group, I have not tried it out though so I can’t say anything about what will happen then. But yeah, I don’t think that is what we were talking about so I stand by with what I previously said that a lvl 25 map cannot drop lvl 55 items. I would love to be proven wrong though, at which point I would change my opinion on it.

It might be possible if you first explored a td and then had the effect carry over, that doesn’t mean that level 25 maps can drop lvl 55 items. That is an exception to the rule. That doesn't mean that it is possible for 55s to drop in 25 maps.

Can 55s drop in a 25 map if you are playing solo, no chance in hell. Simply won't happen. I would love to be proven wrong on that one. I don't think that they can. 25 maps on their own can't drop 55s.

Would you also say that lvl 30 items can also drop at lvl 21? I would say that it is very unlikely, but it can happen if you do some very specific things. Anything can happen if you do the right things. The above can however not happen under any circumstances whatsoever. I would love to be proven wrong. I mean, it's not that hard to do it, you should easily be able to do it.

Gold: 15,283.74
Apr 16 2021 07:56pm
Quote (RabbitRoyal @ Apr 16 2021 02:42pm)
Yeah, but Rex and I are both solo players so that is what we are talking about. I can’t say anything about what is possible in groups, it could very well be possible that it can happen then. I can’t say anything about that since I only solo. I don’t think that it would be super likely even in a 5 man group, I have not tried it out though so I can’t say anything about what will happen then. But yeah, I don’t think that is what we were talking about so I stand by with what I previously said that a lvl 25 map cannot drop lvl 55 items. I would love to be proven wrong though, at which point I would change my opinion on it.

It might be possible if you first explored a td and then had the effect carry over, that doesn’t mean that level 25 maps can drop lvl 55 items. That is an exception to the rule. That doesn't mean that it is possible for 55s to drop in 25 maps.

Can 55s drop in a 25 map if you are playing solo, no chance in hell. Simply won't happen. I would love to be proven wrong on that one. I don't think that they can. 25 maps on their own can't drop 55s.

Would you also say that lvl 30 items can also drop at lvl 21? I would say that it is very unlikely, but it can happen if you do some very specific things. Anything can happen if you do the right things. The above can however not happen under any circumstances whatsoever. I would love to be proven wrong. I mean, it's not that hard to do it, you should easily be able to do it.

https://i.imgur.com/MiAbigp.png

TD will not allow you to exceed map level cap just FYI

Yes, it's very unlikely, and I do believe it's impossible in solo :) Sorry I didn't read everything; didn't know we were only talking about solo :P
Go Back To LS Character Builds Topic List
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll