d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > MMORPG > Maplestory 1 & 2 > Mobile End Game Characters?
Add Reply New Trade New Price Check New Topic New Poll
Gold: 84.00
Mar 28 2021 11:16pm
Hi there,

I'm new to maplestory and playing on reboot, currently sitting @ 225 on my first character (kanna)

Wanting to try some new characters and I'm wondering what ones have an end game that involves active grinding?

Active, as in regular moving around the map and not just spamming 2-3 buttons on the spot. From what I've seen this seems to be the gameplay for most classes 250+

Any guidance would be appreciated.
Gold: 1,190.20
Mar 30 2021 02:20pm
The combo classes are probably your best choices, along with usage of varying mobility:

Cadena - You pretty much have to use all of her skills to efficiently fight mobs and bosses. They have cooldown so can't be spammed (besides the main attack). If you learn how to utilize and time her skills properly altogether, you will fly around the map efficiently with these all these skills. Instead of your usual FJ into 1-2 attacks.
Mercedes - Has innate rope climb that lets you Fly up rope and then FJ to your surroundings. Optimal grinding requires comboing as well (and to keep up your Ignis Roar). However, if you get tired of super active, you can always do non-efficient grinding with FJ + Leaf Tornado (You need a lot of DPS usually to one shot as a Mercedes)
Evan - Evan uses dragon skill mixes to grind and it'll never be teleport + 1 skill. You can still play semi-auto but it won't be as efficient for grinding.
Zero - Assuming you don't already have one, when they become available again, this is another active heavy learn how to use every skill properly to do optimal damage/movement.
Ho Young - He has a versatile set of skills that is optimal for different scenarios. Master all the skills to make things more fun and efficient.
Aran - Combo class as well, but has varying playstyles.
Blaster - Your fingers will hurt from the Actions per Minute you have to go through IF you want to be truly optimal.
Illium - Requires you to place orb thingy for optimal grinding. Decent amount of skills to use that are worth while in a grinding session.
Ark - Similar to Cadena. Skill cooldown management, has high mobility using the skills etc. Pretty much need understand how to switch forms and their property changes within those forms.

--- At the end of the day, most characters can do braindead spamming unless you want to be super optimal. The classes I listed above would generally be the most active (From my experience). 5th job tends to change things up at times though so it's hard for me personally to say.

Disclaimer: I have played every class up to 150 or higher, but generally not past 200 (only a few). Definitely check some streamers or videos out to see which might interest you.
Gold: 84.00
Mar 30 2021 03:32pm
Quote (TsukiBaka @ Mar 31 2021 06:20am)
The combo classes are probably your best choices, along with usage of varying mobility:

Cadena - You pretty much have to use all of her skills to efficiently fight mobs and bosses. They have cooldown so can't be spammed (besides the main attack). If you learn how to utilize and time her skills properly altogether, you will fly around the map efficiently with these all these skills. Instead of your usual FJ into 1-2 attacks.
Mercedes - Has innate rope climb that lets you Fly up rope and then FJ to your surroundings. Optimal grinding requires comboing as well (and to keep up your Ignis Roar). However, if you get tired of super active, you can always do non-efficient grinding with FJ + Leaf Tornado (You need a lot of DPS usually to one shot as a Mercedes)
Evan - Evan uses dragon skill mixes to grind and it'll never be teleport + 1 skill. You can still play semi-auto but it won't be as efficient for grinding.
Zero - Assuming you don't already have one, when they become available again, this is another active heavy learn how to use every skill properly to do optimal damage/movement.
Ho Young - He has a versatile set of skills that is optimal for different scenarios. Master all the skills to make things more fun and efficient.
Aran - Combo class as well, but has varying playstyles.
Blaster - Your fingers will hurt from the Actions per Minute you have to go through IF you want to be truly optimal.
Illium - Requires you to place orb thingy for optimal grinding. Decent amount of skills to use that are worth while in a grinding session.
Ark - Similar to Cadena. Skill cooldown management, has high mobility using the skills etc. Pretty much need understand how to switch forms and their property changes within those forms.

--- At the end of the day, most characters can do braindead spamming unless you want to be super optimal. The classes I listed above would generally be the most active (From my experience). 5th job tends to change things up at times though so it's hard for me personally to say.

Disclaimer: I have played every class up to 150 or higher, but generally not past 200 (only a few). Definitely check some streamers or videos out to see which might interest you.

Thank you very much, that helps a lot! <3
Go Back To Maplestory 1 & 2 Topic List
Add Reply New Trade New Price Check New Topic New Poll