d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > The Trophy Room > Havoc Fletch Rare Grand Matron Bow - Eu Scl
Prev191011121316Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,158.00
May 31 2022 11:34am
not popular? ep and duellinga first editions had 2k active registred players .
Game was dead when people started to duel under GM rules and 50 was the pvp playerbase lol

This post was edited by Umbral on May 31 2022 11:35am
Gold: 1,158.00
May 31 2022 11:37am
Quote (sinmoon @ May 31 2022 10:37am)
That would be amazing! still got all the rules etc, but, i'd imagine, impossible, as I would assume most of the current playerbase, are of the "new-school" type, which never really experienced the balance and fun we had with Euro-PvP rules, and would prefer all of the "OP" items such as faith (in context of EP-Rules)

Also heard that pvp in d2r is alot different then in d2lod

So all in all, I do believe, we should keep that era, as a fond memory of the past

"Check this one also. You will like it:

https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=83029560&f=103";

:drool: <3 :drool:

New school players started to play when 99% of the pvp players base already left. They have no idea what was to duel under a legit ruleset that had was more like an Esport format.
Gold: 0.00
Jun 2 2022 02:46am
Quote (Ognadibik @ 31 May 2022 16:55)
Its not a lot different, its slightly different
Eu pvp rules were too restrictive and unfair, no wonder it was never that popular

Your statement here, are wrong on so many levels, euro-pvp rules were made to balance out every class, that be 1v1, 2v2, 3v3 or 4v4, the duels still had balance overall

It seems to me, you never played during the time eu league was, and if u did, please explain to me, what u claim the "unfair" part of your statement are
Gold: 50,282.69
Jun 2 2022 03:15am
Quote (sinmoon @ 2 Jun 2022 10:46)
Your statement here, are wrong on so many levels, euro-pvp rules were made to balance out every class, that be 1v1, 2v2, 3v3 or 4v4, the duels still had balance overall

It seems to me, you never played during the time eu league was, and if u did, please explain to me, what u claim the "unfair" part of your statement are

Some duels were just unwinnable if played correctly by one party.
Paladin being allowed to use prayer and it counts as 30 replife. In reality its much more. like 10 times more.
Druid not allowed to cast cyclone vs sorc in 1v1, literally unwinnable.
Some rules were simply not kept strictly enough by players. Fohdins camping in corners etc. In other ruleset you can be more agressive against this and it doesnt matter that much, but not here.

I am sure i could remember many more dumb shit if i think back or read the rules again.
I would join and try myself out if somebody made some tournament again with these rules, but i dont see it being popular.
Gold: 50.00
Jun 2 2022 03:24am
The old rules were never given to me but we all knew magically somehow... mostly.
Depends who you are fighting, when & why.
Not all that other crap lol.
Gold: 0.00
Jun 2 2022 03:27am
Quote (Ognadibik @ 2 Jun 2022 11:15)
Some duels were just unwinnable if played correctly by one party.
Paladin being allowed to use prayer and it counts as 30 replife. In reality its much more. like 10 times more.
Druid not allowed to cast cyclone vs sorc in 1v1, literally unwinnable.
Some rules were simply not kept strictly enough by players. Fohdins camping in corners etc. In other ruleset you can be more agressive against this and it doesnt matter that much, but not here.

I am sure i could remember many more dumb shit if i think back or read the rules again.
I would join and try myself out if somebody made some tournament again with these rules, but i dont see it being popular.

Used to main ama and druid, dueled all of the best sorc's, both fb, bliz, orb and light, neither of them was "unwinnable", so your statement here, again, are false

Paladin could use prayer only if requirement X were met, so hardly a constant, there was rules against camping, so that statement is also false

I've both won and lost, with all classes and specs, barb less so, as I never was a good barb, mainly due to not playing it as much

Quote (RAZORIZEDBALGAG @ 2 Jun 2022 11:24)
The old rules were never given to me but we all knew magically somehow... mostly.
Depends who you are fighting, when & why.
Not all that other crap lol.

This made 0 sense

Quote (Ognadibik @ 2 Jun 2022 11:34)
The sorc players werent good then :) bring my any druid with those rules, i will beat him with my sorc 100-0 right now can bet fg + stream too for some sweet additional drama. Well, not right now, but afternoon.

Yes in certain settings prayer was used and in those settings it was unfair.

I am not sure if you even read my post. Yes there was rules against this where did i say there werent ? Issue is that it wasnt strictly enforced as i said,, i clearly remember fohdins doing it and i am still salty about it to this day.

Go tell M4rtin he was a bad sorc:)

And it was enforced, as per official rules, if someone kept doing it, it would result in a loss, regardless, I'm done arguing with you after your "sorc players werent good" comment, have a good day.

This post was edited by sinmoon on Jun 2 2022 03:39am
Jun 2 2022 03:34am
Quote (sinmoon @ 2 Jun 2022 11:27)
Used to main ama and druid, dueled all of the best sorc's, both fb, bliz, orb and light, neither of them was "unwinnable", so your statement here, again, are false

Paladin could use prayer only if requirement X were met, so hardly a constant, there was rules against camping, so that statement is also false

I've both won and lost, with all classes and specs, barb less so, as I never was a good barb, mainly due to not playing it as much

This made 0 sense

The sorc players werent good then :) bring my any druid with those rules, i will beat him with my sorc 100-0 right now can bet fg + stream too for some sweet additional drama. Well, not right now, but afternoon.

Yes in certain settings prayer was used and in those settings it was unfair.

I am not sure if you even read my post. Yes there was rules against this where did i say there werent ? Issue is that it wasnt strictly enforced as i said,, i clearly remember fohdins doing it and i am still salty about it to this day.
Jun 2 2022 03:52am
Quote (sinmoon @ 2 Jun 2022 11:27)

This made 0 sense

Go tell M4rtin he was a bad sorc:)

And it was enforced, as per official rules, if someone kept doing it, it would result in a loss, regardless, I'm done arguing with you after your "sorc players werent good" comment, have a good day.

You dont really need to be like that. You ask why it was unfair, claim i never played it and then "done" arguing after 2 posts.... ? As i said i am happy to prove that those rules were unfair if you have druid in d2r atm. We can talk here all day but it doesnt really prove anything. Or you can ask any of your guild friends too, guessing by the name they played eupvp too.

By m4rtin i recall some fb player sorc if i remember correctly ? You can bring him too for some fun :)
Gold: 153,394.00
Jul 20 2022 04:32pm
Thanks guys
Gold: 153,394.00
Aug 1 2022 05:54am
:love:
Go Back To The Trophy Room Topic List
Prev191011121316Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll