d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Smoke Armor And Weaken Charges? (sp Hc Ssf)
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 49.00
Mar 21 2021 07:25pm
Hello D2 friends,

I'm on plugy doing a HC SSF journey with a Paladin (currently hammerdin). Recently got to Hell and decided to start using those Weaken charges from Smoke. -33% damage sounds good, and seems to be helping incoming dmg.
My biggest problem seems to be physical damage chunking me big time (Archers, serpents, charge skellies, doom lords, dolls). I have max block, ofc.

I am wondering if someone can attest to Weaken lvl 6 being awesome, or if it's just a waste of my clicks, and I should have made a Lionheart xD

I am also very curious if Weaken affects magical and/or elemental damage.

I appreciate any informed responses or tips!

This post was edited by JManDango on Mar 21 2021 07:26pm
Gold: 0.00
Mar 23 2021 10:11pm
Not entirely a waste of time if your soloing.

No doesn't work on ele or magical it's ONLY physical.

Also doesn't work on physical cast damage, like corpse explode or any death explosion, or fire enchant death.

There is definitely better armor around but your doing solo so it's whatever works imo.

But in the end.. anything that helps you stay alive longer (in HC only) isn't really wasting your time. So if it's helping.. keep using it but even enigma dins and all classes have trouble with those exact monsters you listed. They just hit like a truck. Your best bet is to lay a couple hammers and keep running away. Run ham run ham run ham. And if they are champs maybe even skip them all together if your that worried.

Use redemption for the chargers after you kill them so they don't respawn.

That is all
Gold: 397.00
Warn: 50%
Jun 5 2021 10:59pm
I never bothered using them. Just wastes my time. I would rather spend my time killing the monsters instead of casting spells to reduce damage. If it reduced the damage by 80-100%, then maybe i could see a use in it. But only 33%, it is not worth the time.

In hardcore, you should not be advancing too fast, so that monsters takes 30-40% each hit. It is like asking for death. With hardcore, the challenge is simply to stay alive. You can advance fast, but then soon you just simply cannot take any hits, which is unrealistic.
Gold: 397.00
Warn: 50%
Jun 5 2021 11:04pm
And i consider lionheart a much better armor than smoke.
Go Back To Diablo 2 Discussion Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll