d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Basketball > Timberwolves
1236Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 13,860.00
Mar 20 2021 04:43pm
It's time to discuss. What better time than now? Salisa is active. Zoboomafoo is back. The trade deadline is days away.

What should they do? Hope to god that they keep their pick this year is a good start. Trade KAT for a haul (he's under contract for three more years) and build around Edwards/the rookie they get this upcoming draft. Do what the Thunder are doing. Clear out capspace, take on bad contracts (like Horford, Harris, Griffin, Drummond, etc) in exchange for picks and let the youngsters develop. Or just keep KAT and build around him/DLO/Edwards/whoever they get this year (or next if Warriors get the pick this year). KAT doesn't even try on defense. Neither did Wiggins until he was traded to the Warriors and now he's a good defender. I think the best move is to ship out KAT to an absolute desperate dumpster franchise like the Knicks or Celtics. Trade DLO to whoever. Wrote the skate clean and start the rebuild off right. They aint gonna contend with KAT/DLO (zero defense) in the West anyways (Warriors, Lakers, Clippers, Jazz, Blazers, Nuggets, Mavs, Suns, Spurs, and Pelicans are all way better right now and will be better for the foreseeable future). Both the Thunder and Grizzlies have a better outlook than the Wolves. Minny is in the same conversation as Sacramento and Houston right now and that is not where they want to be.

Cavs (15-26)
Magic (14-27)
Pistons (12-29)
Rockets (11-29)
Timberwolves (10-32)

Wolves have a 3 game lead in the loss column. Rockets have lost 20 in a row and the Pistons are looking to do anything in their power to get worse. The Magic are in the trade rumors with Vucevic, Gordon, and Fournier being talked about. Cavs should be comfortably outside the bottom four teams with their trio of Sexland and Allen.

The next group of teams are still within striking distant of the 10th seed:

Pelicans
Thunder
Kings
Wizards
Raptors

Only team I see doing whatever they can to not make the playoffs is the Thunder. It doesn't fit their timeline and any chance at getting into the top 3 is a chance a young team has to take.
Mar 20 2021 04:44pm

Thoughts? I know you've been frustrated by Towns lately. Going so far as to say you want him gone.
Gold: 0.00
Mar 20 2021 04:50pm
Whomst've cares about the Timberbads anyway, they compete with Sacramento every year to be the most irrelevant franchise

Only thing they're good for is fading and overs.

Here's a thought Timberwolves fans, stop being Timberwolves fans. Edwards looks legit though
Gold: 3.60
Mar 20 2021 04:51pm
I feel bad for fans of the Minnesota Timberwolves but we're struggling also.
Bottom line: They'll have a 14% chance at the #1 overall pick just like we will.

We'll have three first-round picks also. How many will Minnesota have?
Maybe even get a fourth. LOL. It depends what we trade Oladipo for.
Gold: 0.00
Mar 20 2021 04:57pm
Start by trading Towns for guys that actually make them better.

This post was edited by Sixers on Mar 20 2021 04:57pm
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 10%
Mar 20 2021 05:07pm
Towns does frustrate me, but I really don’t want to trade him just to trade him. If the Celtics were willing to unload Jaylen I’d listen.

I just want to see an extended run where DLO/Beasley/Ant/Towns are all on the court before we blow it up again. If there was anyway to pick up Aaron Gordon or Collins without breaking up those 4 I’d be all for it as well.

This roster isn’t deep but we aren’t as bad as our record shows.

I’ve watched this garbage team for the last 25 years, why would I jump ship now

This post was edited by SICK_HITTER on Mar 20 2021 05:10pm
Mar 20 2021 05:20pm
Quote (SICK_HITTER @ Mar 20 2021 04:07pm)
Towns does frustrate me, but I really don’t want to trade him just to trade him. If the Celtics were willing to unload Jaylen I’d listen.

I just want to see an extended run where DLO/Beasley/Ant/Towns are all on the court before we blow it up again. If there was anyway to pick up Aaron Gordon or Collins without breaking up those 4 I’d be all for it as well.

This roster isn’t deep but we aren’t as bad as our record shows.

^Succ I’ve watched this garbage team for the last 25 years, why would I jump ship now

yea I agree with pretty much everything you said
Gold: 2,250.00
Mar 20 2021 07:18pm
Trade everyone except Edwards and Beasley, reset this shit. KAT doesn't get wins but his stats are pretty solid, someone will give up a lot for him. DLo is overrated and way overpaid, getting rid of that is its own reward. There's no way they can be a duo on a contending team.
Mar 29 2021 04:06pm
I missed this when it happened but here is quote from Beasley after the 22 point loss to the Rockets:

“No offense to the Rockets, but they had gone on a 20-game losing streak before this. To be the team where they’re joking around and beating us by 30, we gotta hold each other accountable. That can’t be happening like that. We gotta show why we’re an organization who wants to win.” – Malik Beasley

I actually am encouraged that he seems to care.
Apr 10 2021 06:02pm
Alex Rodriguez and Billionare Marc Lore buying the Timberwolves from Glen Taylor

This makes me so happy that he will be gone

This post was edited by Towns on Apr 10 2021 06:02pm
Go Back To Basketball Topic List
1236Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll