d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Computers & IT > Computer Building > My Laptop Broke
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 3,780.00
Mar 17 2021 10:10pm
And my alienware is old which good and cheap laptop can support the new d2r or can my alienware run it its a good pc just like 6 or so years old and the laptop the wife was cleaning out it put it in corner with a bunch of stuff on TOP of it and cracked the touch screen so now i can't play because now it just lets me in then its frozen due to the glass pushing down is there a way to possibly disable the touchscreen i tried connecting mouse and keyboard still no luck and how about computer will that work for d2r or look for a new gaming or not neccesariky gsming but a laptop that can support d2r
Mar 18 2021 09:50am
Halp plx
Gold: 17,091.00
Mar 18 2021 09:56am
Need a budget
Gold: 31,826.45
Mar 18 2021 10:18am
Quote (MUDKIPZzZ @ Mar 18 2021 01:10am)
And my alienware is old which good and cheap laptop can support the new d2r or can my alienware run it its a good pc just like 6 or so years old and the laptop the wife was cleaning out it put it in corner with a bunch of stuff on TOP of it and cracked the touch screen so now i can't play because now it just lets me in then its frozen due to the glass pushing down is there a way to possibly disable the touchscreen i tried connecting mouse and keyboard still no luck and how about computer will that work for d2r or look for a new gaming or not neccesariky gsming but a laptop that can support d2r

Is the period key on your keyboard broken too?

You should be able to disable the touchscreen however in device manager on Windows 10. It'll be under the human interface devices somewhere.
Mar 18 2021 10:20am
Quote (TimmyTurner @ Mar 18 2021 11:18am)
Is the period key on your keyboard broken too?

You should be able to disable the touchscreen however in device manager on Windows 10. It'll be under the human interface devices somewhere.

Kinda noobish when it comes to this kind of thing tbh can you explain plz i really dont want to buy s new laptop cuz a crack acrosss screen judt a line basically so it press the print it will disable the tou hsvreen feature im not sure if i can open any apps such as human interface so plz wxplain whats easiest way or the ways you know itd mean a lot and id greatly appreciate it
Gold: 342.00
Mar 29 2021 09:32am
Quote (MUDKIPZzZ @ Mar 19 2021 12:20am)
Kinda noobish when it comes to this kind of thing tbh can you explain plz i really dont want to buy s new laptop cuz a crack acrosss screen judt a line basically so it press the print it will disable the tou hsvreen feature im not sure if i can open any apps such as human interface so plz wxplain whats easiest way or the ways you know itd mean a lot and id greatly appreciate it

Just wondering wherher you still need help bud? Could show you steps if needed.
Gold: 0.00
Apr 13 2021 09:03pm
Quote (MUDKIPZzZ @ Mar 18 2021 12:10am)

Consider using an external monitor while the lid is closed, or vice versa.
Apr 14 2021 08:37am
Quote (Engineering @ Apr 13 2021 10:03pm)
Consider using an external monitor while the lid is closed, or vice versa.

If i close lid then the screen turns off ive currently got it conn2xted via hdmi to tv lol so i can still power it while laptop.is in closed position?? When i turn it on and open the laptop itll work then statt to glitch i even turned tablet mode off but its still detecting touches somehow
Quote (Arctis @ Mar 29 2021 10:32am)
Just wondering wherher you still need help bud? Could show you steps if needed.

And yes anytging will help

This post was edited by MUDKIPZzZ on Apr 14 2021 08:39am
Gold: 40,605.01
Apr 14 2021 09:02am
Below are the directions to disable your touchscreen.

WIN+R
Type "devmgmt.msc" without the quotes
Find your HID, Human Interface Devices and expand
Look for something that says touch screen, and hopefully there's only one entry
Right-click to see the available options/menu and then disable

Also, if the laptop screen is busted and you plan on not using the laptop monitor, you might as well adjust your power settings so that closing your laptop does not put it to sleep or shutdown. Below are the direction for this.

Using Cortana or Windows key, search for "power & sleep settings"
On the right navigation side, click on additional power settings and then a new window should pop up
On the new window, left navigation side, click on choose what closing the lid does
This part is straight forward and obvious...pick your options

Apr 17 2021 07:43am
Quote (Xet @ Apr 14 2021 10:02am)
Below are the directions to disable your touchscreen.

WIN+R
Type "devmgmt.msc" without the quotes
Find your HID, Human Interface Devices and expand
Look for something that says touch screen, and hopefully there's only one entry
Right-click to see the available options/menu and then disable

Also, if the laptop screen is busted and you plan on not using the laptop monitor, you might as well adjust your power settings so that closing your laptop does not put it to sleep or shutdown. Below are the direction for this.

Using Cortana or Windows key, search for "power & sleep settings"
On the right navigation side, click on additional power settings and then a new window should pop up
On the new window, left navigation side, click on choose what closing the lid does
This part is straight forward and obvious...pick your options

Tha ks ima try this when im off work i pray this works i use the laptop no problem when the touch screen alllows me but its still always touching shit in backround and im running it with hdmi to monitor and mouse and keyboard to usb so it being open is not necessary i really hope your second trick works so i can just play with it closed but i also need to fix it so it can be operated when open and where do i type that stuff into do i search wi does key and R for first and how do i use cortana or wi dows key to seqrch for power and sleep settings THANK YOU SOOO MUCH BTW for taking time to post in deatail GREATLY APPRECIATED
Go Back To Computer Building Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll