d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2: Resurrected > D2:R Discussion > Pvp Gonna Be Different If They Fix Bugs
Prev191011121317Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 47,739.00
Mar 8 2021 03:16pm
Quote (Piwah @ 8 Mar 2021 22:10)
You don't trick the stat pool as such with the one I meant, its just used to provide better desynch.

The one you meant, its best to just have 1 str item in stash and bring it out to pick body up, so u can use all charms still. However its a huge inconvenience for such a small health upgrade that I wouldn't bother doing it xd

Ofc you trick the stat-attribute since its considered a bug and if its removed you loose that advantage of needing another lets say +40strength. If they fix this people wont be able to remove the offgear attribute item if they want to wear their for example enigma.
Thus needing to waste their points on the +40(for example)strength , dex or whatever they need in order to equip it at all if it will get fixed
Gold: 0.22
Mar 8 2021 03:20pm
Quote (Resolve @ Mar 8 2021 09:16pm)
Ofc you trick the stat-attribute since its considered a bug and if its removed you loose that advantage of needing another lets say +40strength. If they fix this people wont be able to remove the offgear attribute item if they want to wear their for example enigma.
Thus needing to waste their points on the +40(for example)strength , dex or whatever they need in order to equip it at all if it will get fixed

I dont know if they will fix it, those kind of bugs exist in games like poe also and its never seen as game changing enough to warrant a change.

I feel it'll be the same game just with better gfx and afew QoL changes added, not much more
Gold: 779.10
Mar 8 2021 03:23pm
Quote (Resolve @ 8 Mar 2021 23:16)

He meant you don't trick the stats with so-called "str bug" he mentioned - visiblity of gear. By my definition, it shouldn't be strength bug at all whereas having str item to equip items that keep theirselves on with own bonus stats could hardly be called anything else than a bug.

40 stats can be quite a bit of health/mana.

This post was edited by SirScrappy on Mar 8 2021 03:24pm
Gold: 691.02
Mar 8 2021 03:27pm
Cant wait to destroy you pro noobs in the moor
Gold: 2,292.01
Mar 8 2021 03:29pm
Quote (Ontarian @ Mar 8 2021 01:27pm)
Cant wait to destroy you pro noobs in the moor

I'm a noob pro actually
Gold: 691.02
Mar 8 2021 03:29pm
Quote (MCS @ Mar 8 2021 04:29pm)
I'm a noob pro actually

Still enjoy destroying those too
Gold: 47,739.00
Mar 8 2021 03:38pm
Quote (SirScrappy @ 8 Mar 2021 22:23)
He meant you don't trick the stats with so-called "str bug" he mentioned - visiblity of gear. By my definition, it shouldn't be strength bug at all whereas having str item to equip items that keep theirselves on with own bonus stats could hardly be called anything else than a bug.

40 stats can be quite a bit of health/mana.

Guess i cant read anymore, sorry :D

Quote (Piwah @ 8 Mar 2021 22:20)
I dont know if they will fix it, those kind of bugs exist in games like poe also and its never seen as game changing enough to warrant a change.

I feel it'll be the same game just with better gfx and afew QoL changes added, not much more

In PoE you dont need to pick up your body, thats the main "issue". if you re-equip your gear by hand in POE you cant equip it again if you wear these self-supporting attribute items.. meaning if you would need to pick up your body it wouldnt work in POE either (your items would be in your inventory) and the bug wouldnt be as annoying/noticeable as in d2.
If its a bug or not, needs to be fixed or not i dont mind at all.. we both agree its inconvenient lol

In my opinion its not a bug, its understandable why and how you cant re-equip self-supporting items and how they can self-support themselves i just went with the topic :D It wont get removed anyway
Gold: 0.22
Mar 8 2021 03:43pm
Quote (Resolve @ Mar 8 2021 09:38pm)
Guess i cant read anymore, sorry :D

In PoE you dont need to pick up your body, thats the main "issue". if you re-equip your gear by hand in POE you cant equip it again if you wear these self-supporting attribute items.. meaning if you would need to pick up your body it wouldnt work in POE either (your items would be in your inventory) and the bug wouldnt be as annoying/noticeable as in d2.
If its a bug or not, needs to be fixed or not i dont mind at all.. we both agree its inconvenient lol

In my opinion its not a bug, its understandable why and how you cant re-equip self-supporting items and how they can self-support themselves i just went with the topic :D It wont get removed anyway

I rly don't think its too big of a problem to warrant a fix ya
Gold: 705.00
Mar 8 2021 03:43pm
Im looking forward to this Even if they fix glitches and bugs.

I stopped d2 10 years ago After playing for 10 very intense years hcl and scnl both eu.

I always loved duels Most.

Ive seen that they will also improve the stash system which would be awesome. Maybe you wont need any mules at all anymore now.
Gold: 22,186.49
Mar 8 2021 03:45pm
In a modern game it would be pretty trivial to code it to check for item equipment dependencies to avoid such str bugs. That's not going to happen in D2r

The more obvious and impactful bug is how charms aren't broadcast to other players at all, which unleashes such a flood of desync issues from +stats, +%frw, +%fhr that you don't even need to plan on building around.
Some maphacks had the feature of making other player's gear visible since those items and their stats were being broadcast to you and rendered, just not clickable. But you could see how the inventory was blank
It was a pretty big thing for the 1.09 team to completely overlook from the base game, they went through all that effort of coding a system to share item data with clients and then oops we added charms and didn't make them share.
Go Back To D2:R Discussion Topic List
Prev191011121317Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll