d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Player vs. Monster > Othawin - Barb Grail
12342Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 3,515.00
Mar 7 2021 01:40am
It's been a while since Alma finished a grail (https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=77449927&f=161). When Alma was finished I wasn't 100% satisfied, I didn't record the Tyrael's drop and I did it with Plugy (didn't know if non-plugy would be harder as some people said).
Therefore I decided to do another sorc grail named Alva, which I've been playing for a couple years. Tyrael's got recorded here.

Didn't play very much on Alva so I guess I can't complain about bad luck (especially when Tyrael's dropped at lvl 96 before both Templar's and IK armor) but the last year I've been searching for Zod and Death's Dathom. Zod was found in April 2020, so it's been an 11 months hunt just for Death's Fathom.
A lot of swearing about white, grey, blue and yellow dimensional shards has been heard but yesterday there was also a happy moment when it fiinally rolled unique.
Non-plugy done and point proven, it wasn't harder for me just more boring because I had to toss most of the goodies.

That's enough history, now time for Lii to prove that he's really stupid (if there was any doubt about that) so here's an attempt for my third grail. This time it's a barbarian named Othawin that'll be the actor. I really suck at melee so all help is appreciated.
Plan is to go frenzy and pitzerk when gear allows me.

Rules as usual:
Hardcore
/Players8 at all time
Extended stash & ladder runewords allowed
Re-runs allowed
S&E allowed

Let's go

Gold: 15,390.00
Mar 7 2021 01:52am
Can't wait for updates! 😮
Are you gonna stream the whole wt as well?
Gold: 1.00
Mar 7 2021 02:35am
Will this be your third grail, rly? Wow, that's a huge achievement. As I wasn't here when you completed your last two grails, gj on them. Now I'm here and I'll be cheering for you this time :) gl & hf!
Gold: 756.00
Mar 7 2021 04:25am
Niiice 😎 I've had a few yellow dimensional shard drops lately, still ISO that one myself.

I seem to have the opposite problem, I make silly mistakes and RIP with casters, my melee chars seem to keep going for longer!

Sigon belt/gloves/boots trio can easily carry up to late NM. Think my throw barb did NM Baal (/p8 ofc) with that and Twitchroe. Typically, items I'd shop for before hell would be Ravenfrost, Guillaume's, merc Treachery, String of Ears, and Laying of Hands (I run Eldritch + Pindle for the gloves). Gores can be a tough find but can always get lucky :)

If/when the time comes to grind hell Meph it can be well worth swapping to A5 Lawbringer merc, or I guess if you're Frenzy can self-wield Lawbringer and keep the Might aura :)

Think that's all I got, may well be stuff you know already, but there you go. Best of luck bro, look forward to watching your progress!

This post was edited by Mukhalif on Mar 7 2021 04:26am
Mar 7 2021 04:48am
Quote (B.rabb1t @ Mar 7 2021 08:52am)
Can't wait for updates! 😮
Are you gonna stream the whole wt as well?

Not the whole, but I will stream sometimes.

Quote (lemonboys @ Mar 7 2021 09:35am)
Will this be your third grail, rly? Wow, that's a huge achievement. As I wasn't here when you completed your last two grails, gj on them. Now I'm here and I'll be cheering for you this time :) gl & hf!

Quote (Mukhalif @ Mar 7 2021 11:25am)
Niiice 😎 I've had a few yellow dimensional shard drops lately, still ISO that one myself.

I seem to have the opposite problem, I make silly mistakes and RIP with casters, my melee chars seem to keep going for longer!

Sigon belt/gloves/boots trio can easily carry up to late NM. Think my throw barb did NM Baal (/p8 ofc) with that and Twitchroe. Typically, items I'd shop for before hell would be Ravenfrost, Guillaume's, merc Treachery, String of Ears, and Laying of Hands (I run Eldritch + Pindle for the gloves). Gores can be a tough find but can always get lucky :)

If/when the time comes to grind hell Meph it can be well worth swapping to A5 Lawbringer merc, or I guess if you're Frenzy can self-wield Lawbringer and keep the Might aura :)

Think that's all I got, may well be stuff you know already, but there you go. Best of luck bro, look forward to watching your progress!

Thanks for the tip, guess I should farm some sigon then.

My first unique, was an upgrade for a short while for my merc

Crafted these in a5. My damage was horrible with a steel flail and a 2x ral flail. Didn't want to farm countess for rals, she's not fun to farm at p8

Found this right after the crafted gloves. Huge boost when I got enough dex

Mar 7 2021 04:51am
I have no idea what's good for melee, but this seems to be a nice one. If not, light res is needed :P

Same with this. Think it's good, but I do know frw is fun

He wasn't that hard with 8% cb. Took 5-7 minutes "only"

Mar 7 2021 04:52am
At least some money

Killed andy and meph before leaving the game. Might save some headache in pits

Bam!

Gold: 455.00
Mar 7 2021 05:04am
Best of luck will be fun to follow for sure, jealous of that sharp charm :thumbsup: like your characters name too 👍

This post was edited by Sir_Kitchenman on Mar 7 2021 05:06am
Gold: 7,398.10
Mar 7 2021 07:15am
Lii with find item :o . Rip rng
Gold: 2,780.00
Mar 7 2021 09:14am
Good luck! :thumbsup:
Go Back To Player vs. Monster Topic List
12342Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll