d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > Consoles > Nintendo > Is The Switch Worth It
1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Mar 2 2021 10:35am
And the newer Pokémon games?

I stopped keeping up with them after I played black and white.
Retired Moderator
Gold: 1,863.60
Trader: Trusted
Mar 2 2021 10:42am
I sure think so, if you're a fan of nintendo stuff.
The new pokemon games are kinda to your taste, they can be a bit 'easy' compared to older style games but If you're like me and it's more about the filling of the pokedex, shiny hunting, etc. it's cool. Plus a lot of decent features like the giant pokes.
Then there's all the mario stuff you can't play on anything else so.. yeah. Totally subjective :P
Mar 2 2021 10:53am
Quote (Soroush @ Mar 2 2021 11:42am)
I sure think so, if you're a fan of nintendo stuff.
The new pokemon games are kinda to your taste, they can be a bit 'easy' compared to older style games but If you're like me and it's more about the filling of the pokedex, shiny hunting, etc. it's cool. Plus a lot of decent features like the giant pokes.
Then there's all the mario stuff you can't play on anything else so.. yeah. Totally subjective :P

I’d simply be getting the switch for Pokémon games.

Trying to decide if I want to invest in it for the new pearl and diamond games coming out.

Or if I need to invest into getting a DS and just playing the older generation games :p
Retired Moderator
Gold: 1,863.60
Trader: Trusted
Mar 2 2021 11:02am
Quote (D2Jomblified @ 2 Mar 2021 11:53)
I’d simply be getting the switch for Pokémon games.

Trying to decide if I want to invest in it for the new pearl and diamond games coming out.

Or if I need to invest into getting a DS and just playing the older generation games :p

I bought my switch just to get sword, loved it. Played over 100 hours before I ended up having to sell it for cash when covid hit (rip)
I'd say it's worth it. You can pick up let's go used if you haven't played it it's really fun to try out, sw/sh are fun + the expansion is a nice release. Then you have DP coming up, and in the not-so-near future, legends.. if you love pokemon, you're gonna want this.

If you don't care to play it on a big screen, grab the lite if you're worried about pricepoint. I really enjoyed having detachable joycons, and being able to play on the big screen so I went for the full switch. Also the 'newer' (not so new now) v2 has a lot of the issues you may have heard about fixed (joycon drift etc)
Mar 2 2021 12:36pm
Quote (Soroush @ Mar 2 2021 12:02pm)
I bought my switch just to get sword, loved it. Played over 100 hours before I ended up having to sell it for cash when covid hit (rip)
I'd say it's worth it. You can pick up let's go used if you haven't played it it's really fun to try out, sw/sh are fun + the expansion is a nice release. Then you have DP coming up, and in the not-so-near future, legends.. if you love pokemon, you're gonna want this.

If you don't care to play it on a big screen, grab the lite if you're worried about pricepoint. I really enjoyed having detachable joycons, and being able to play on the big screen so I went for the full switch. Also the 'newer' (not so new now) v2 has a lot of the issues you may have heard about fixed (joycon drift etc)

Hmmm I’ve watched a lot of videos recently on SW / SH and I really like the way it looks.

I may have to buy one.

Appreciate all of your input!!
Gold: 0.00
Mar 5 2021 10:19am
Quote (D2Jomblified @ Mar 2 2021 12:36pm)
Hmmm I’ve watched a lot of videos recently on SW / SH and I really like the way it looks.

I may have to buy one.

Appreciate all of your input!!

def the best entry in the series so far if you like PVP battles.
They have made it infinitely easier to get your pokemon battle ready.
Gold: 0.00
Mar 5 2021 12:50pm
sweet console to bring at work or on the go.
Gold: 1,567.00
Mar 25 2021 09:34am
Absolutely worth it. Going between handheld mode and docking the console for traditional gaming is what sold me. As far as the new Pokémon games I really enjoyed them. They have made them easier for newer players coming into the franchise such as some of the evolutions of some Pokémon and hints of where you need to go. With the announcement of the open world game legends of arceus can’t go wrong coming back to series. I’d maybe consider waiting until the announce the 4K model later this year.
Mar 25 2021 11:22am
Quote (Izais @ Mar 25 2021 11:34am)
Absolutely worth it. Going between handheld mode and docking the console for traditional gaming is what sold me. As far as the new Pokémon games I really enjoyed them. They have made them easier for newer players coming into the franchise such as some of the evolutions of some Pokémon and hints of where you need to go. With the announcement of the open world game legends of arceus can’t go wrong coming back to series. I’d maybe consider waiting until the announce the 4K model later this year.

Bought one a couple of weeks ago.
Only thing I’m not liking about Pokémon shield is how much stopping to talk there is lmao.

Ofc got Mario kart for the wife and I’ve been playing it more than her lol
Gold: 7.77
Mar 30 2021 11:49am
Quote (D2Jomblified @ Mar 25 2021 10:22am)
Bought one a couple of weeks ago.
Only thing I’m not liking about Pokémon shield is how much stopping to talk there is lmao.

Ofc got Mario kart for the wife and I’ve been playing it more than her lol

Good choice!
Go Back To Nintendo Topic List
1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll