d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > Trap Laying Ias?
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8.00
Warn: 30%
Feb 27 2021 04:43pm
Ok and that's counting the added speed from jewels right? Meaning the base speed/claw type itself is irrevelant at that point?
Gold: 1,110.00
Feb 27 2021 05:05pm
Quote (dmg_the_killer @ Feb 27 2021 11:43pm)
Ok and that's counting the added speed from jewels right? Meaning the base speed/claw type itself is irrevelant at that point?

The speed base also called wsm is way more effective than the ias mod.

Ias is ias. wsm is a wepons base speed, it has nothing to do with ias.

A gt with 0ias has the same wsm as a gt with 5billion ias.

They are two different things, they are not valued same.

What i give you is how many "increased attack speed" you need with different bases, so yes thats include the jewels in ur claw as well as the 40ias it spawned with as well as all other gear ias except for off hand ias from a secondary claw, a ias jool in a shield would however boost the total ammount of ias. Its still a -20wsm base nomather what u sox it with or how much ias u have or May not have on ur entire gear.

The only way to modify its wsm speed is by theese:
- getting slowed by %slow/chill/decreap(not direct but has same effect as wsm)
- using a secondary claw that has either faster or slower wsm speed than ur greater claw. (u can wsm bug this in to your favour if u have a slower base as secondary, or u can naturally enjoy the added wsm from just cashually having a faster base like gt as secondary claw)
- skill ias (fana or burst of speed, not directly but has the exact same effect as wsm).

How many ias you need to reach the 9 fpa trap laying speed is based on this formula:
ROUNDUP((120*(EIAS - Skill_IAS + WSM+SLOW))/(120-(EIAS - Skill_IAS + WSM+SLOW))

For EIAS you put 61 which is the EIAS break (EIAS is Not the same as ias).
For wsm you put according to what i told you before. -20 if u use 2 x greater claws or feral + greater claw or a shield offhand. If u use suawaya offhand you put -10, if u use a gt offhand you put -25.
Skill ias u put whatever burst of speed or fana list as attack speed, if u use none of them u put 0.
For slow u put 0 if ur not slowed, if u want to know that u can handle forexample 10% slow without loosing a breakpoint u put 10, in which case would give 89 ias requirement if ur wsm is -20 before the 10% slow.

And to answere the question in ur other topic with the secondary gt as u suggested:
No, putting ias into secondary claw has zero effect on trap laying speed. However as u use an GT offhand it will average out the 2 claws wsm and make it faster. Since gt is -30WSM.

(-20+-30)/2 = -25wsm, which would require only 52ias to hit max trap laying speed. Or make u more rebust vs slow.

Wsm of wepons are listed on arreat summit if u go and look at the items there. They are not listed ingame.

This post was edited by gel87 on Feb 27 2021 05:11pm
Feb 27 2021 05:20pm
Oh nice so if i get a cheap GT as off hand i don't need any more ias from gear..ty for all the info
Feb 27 2021 05:58pm
Quote (gel87 @ Feb 27 2021 06:05pm)
The speed base also called wsm is way more effective than the ias mod.

Ias is ias. wsm is a wepons base speed, it has nothing to do with ias.

A gt with 0ias has the same wsm as a gt with 5billion ias.

They are two different things, they are not valued same.

What i give you is how many "increased attack speed" you need with different bases, so yes thats include the jewels in ur claw as well as the 40ias it spawned with as well as all other gear ias except for off hand ias from a secondary claw, a ias jool in a shield would however boost the total ammount of ias. Its still a -20wsm base nomather what u sox it with or how much ias u have or May not have on ur entire gear.

The only way to modify its wsm speed is by theese:
- getting slowed by %slow/chill/decreap(not direct but has same effect as wsm)
- using a secondary claw that has either faster or slower wsm speed than ur greater claw. (u can wsm bug this in to your favour if u have a slower base as secondary, or u can naturally enjoy the added wsm from just cashually having a faster base like gt as secondary claw)
- skill ias (fana or burst of speed, not directly but has the exact same effect as wsm).

How many ias you need to reach the 9 fpa trap laying speed is based on this formula:
ROUNDUP((120*(EIAS - Skill_IAS + WSM+SLOW))/(120-(EIAS - Skill_IAS + WSM+SLOW))

For EIAS you put 61 which is the EIAS break (EIAS is Not the same as ias).
For wsm you put according to what i told you before. -20 if u use 2 x greater claws or feral + greater claw or a shield offhand. If u use suawaya offhand you put -10, if u use a gt offhand you put -25.
Skill ias u put whatever burst of speed or fana list as attack speed, if u use none of them u put 0.
For slow u put 0 if ur not slowed, if u want to know that u can handle forexample 10% slow without loosing a breakpoint u put 10, in which case would give 89 ias requirement if ur wsm is -20 before the 10% slow.

And to answere the question in ur other topic with the secondary gt as u suggested:
No, putting ias into secondary claw has zero effect on trap laying speed. However as u use an GT offhand it will average out the 2 claws wsm and make it faster. Since gt is -30WSM.

(-20+-30)/2 = -25wsm, which would require only 52ias to hit max trap laying speed. Or make u more rebust vs slow.

Wsm of wepons are listed on arreat summit if u go and look at the items there. They are not listed ingame.

Ok so here's the simplest way too be 100% sure. Is my claw with its 40 ias the same trap speed as GT with 30ias? Please answer this and i will stop bothering you :)

This post was edited by dmg_the_killer on Feb 27 2021 06:02pm
Feb 28 2021 01:24am
Quote (dmg_the_killer @ Feb 28 2021 12:58am)
Ok so here's the simplest way too be 100% sure. Is my claw with its 40 ias the same trap speed as GT with 30ias? Please answer this and i will stop bothering you :)

Yes, none of them hit the 9fpa trap laying speed. Gt needs minimum 42 unless u wsm bug.

AWSM | IAS %
------------------
-10 | 89 (if u put a suawaya over boots ur greater claw needs 89)
-15 | 75 (if u put a -10 wsm claw over boots u have this wsm with ur greater claw and need 75ias)
-20 | 63 (ur greater claw need 63% ias, but only if u use a shield, no nothing or a feral/greater claw over boots)
-25 | 52 (If u put a gt over boots in combi with ur greater claws u are here, and need 52ias)
-30 | 42 (A GT will be put here, as long as its wsm is not modified by slower claw, so need 42 ias)
-35 | 34 (From here u need to wsm bug or use bos/fana to achieve)
-40 | 26
-45 | 19
-50 | 13

40ias, wont bring u 9 fpa trap laying speed without wsm bugging.

So: as long as not modified by slower or faster base this is the difference between ur greater claw and a gt.
Greater claw: -20 wsm /// 63ias
Greater talon: -30 wsm /// 42 ias

63-42 = 21.

So those 10 wsm different results in a 21ias more requirement.

I know u want a easy answere, but the thing is there is none. Unless u have a secondary claw.

This post was edited by gel87 on Feb 28 2021 01:24am
Feb 28 2021 01:28am
Quote (dmg_the_killer @ Feb 28 2021 12:20am)
Oh nice so if i get a cheap GT as off hand i don't need any more ias from gear..ty for all the info

Yes then u need 52.

40ias base + a 15ias jool.

to counter 10% slow from arach/bug belt means u need 75 ias. And then ur claw would actually need shael + 15ias jool soc(if u have no ias in other gear)
Gold: 50,282.69
Feb 28 2021 06:46am
Why you made 2 topics for the samd subject.... anyway if you are that much in trouble just use ias calculator
Easy to use and accurate
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll