d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Graphic Design > Converting An Old Hand Drawn Logo Into Digital
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,444.13
Feb 25 2021 08:26pm
Hi Folks,

Have no clue here so lets get that out of the way.

We have a logo that was drawn for our non-profit 70 years ago. No one seems to have the original anymore but we do have jpeg versions of it, which used to be fine. In this day and age we need a high def digital version for most applications. My little bit of research has some people saying it needs to be converted to a raster, some say a vector, some say it has to be totally rebuilt which is reportedly very expensive.

Just polling any of you in the know to see your thoughts/recommendations.

Seems to me that we would need to have it converted to a vector image/file.
Gold: 152.00
Feb 25 2021 08:27pm
Pm me the image
Gold: 1.73
Feb 26 2021 09:22am
Can also do it if you pm me the jpeg
Gold: 675.00
Mar 1 2021 10:13pm
needs to be vectorized, and then cleaned up so it looks sharp.

i have this done with hand drawn cartoons that i then have put on tshirts
Gold: 22.00
Mar 2 2021 10:36am
There are many tools that will convert images to vectors for free, but the success of this will be based on the logo you're trying to do it with. If it's something with hard/smooth lines, and flat colors, i'm sure they will work just fine. The Bernie logo in your avatar is a good example of an image that could be vectorized automatically with really good fidelity.

If it's a logo that has finer details or some photorealistic images, the vector results of these free tools may not turn out true to form. Making a vector in Photoshop, Illustrator, or even the free online tool Photopea is super simple. You just make a new layer over your logo and trace over it using the pen tool. Lots of quick guides online to help you through this process if you were looking to take a stab at it yourself. GL!
Go Back To Graphic Design Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll