d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Movies & TV Shows > Rian Johnson Getting Another Star Wars Trilogy
Prev123
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
Feb 23 2021 04:35pm
Quote (IgoSoHard @ Feb 23 2021 02:34pm)
You can hold whatever opinion you want my guy, albeit that's all it is, your opinion. You have a tendency to portray it as some sort of fact though.

I stated that IMDB ratings bombed for TFA following the release of TLJ and then again with Rise, that's a fact... so you climb right off that horse lol. You can make shit up to fit your argument whenever you want, like claiming the community was hesitantly optimistic after TFA, but it's just an outright fucking lie, I know it and you know it. People ALWAYS claim they knew blah blah blah all along after shit goes sideways, but people were ecstatic with TFA, and it was just a carbon copy ripoff of Hope, so even if your hesitantly optimistic/good start blah blah recollection was how it actually went down, that'd still be way more than it or any of the films has deserved.

e: I also don't think me saying that most SW fans believe the original trilogy to be the best trilogy in movie history to be a stretch. Me pointing out that Return was a fucking joke, which apparently you even agree with, and thus even the original trilogy is massively flawed, doesn't seem like too mind-shattering of an *opinion* (cough fact cough). Hey though, I'm fine with being the guy who's an asshole for pointing out obvious shit.

For me, I'd much rather see a talented director take a shot at his own creation, versus another money grab pandering asshat director do exactly what we've already seen three times before. That doesn't mean I'm optimistic or that I think it'll be good, but I think we have a better chance of it actually being actually good than we ever did with the last two shit-shows. I love the original series, I even find the prequels somewhat enjoyable, and aside from TLJ I found enjoyment in the newest series, but all of them (with the exception of Empire) are massively flawed films, and being as the only good one isn't a stand-alone, it's logical to say the trilogies as a whole are massively flawed.

This post was edited by jadeoshbogosh on Feb 23 2021 04:46pm
Gold: 2,124.99
Feb 23 2021 05:15pm
I stated that IMDB ratings bombed for TFA following the release of TLJ and then again with Rise, That's a fact.

Like I already said, the SW community thought it was decently good, at best, because of it's potential. Again, that hype died with TLJ.

Hey though, I'm fine with being the guy who's an asshole for pointing out obvious shit.

You're doing it again. You're not an asshole for "being the guy who points out obvious shit." You're an asshole for being the guy who thinks what you perceive to be obvious & or your opinon applies to everyone else :thumbsup:

This post was edited by IgoSoHard on Feb 23 2021 05:43pm
Gold: 23.00
Feb 23 2021 06:09pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Feb 23 2021 10:50am)
The "SW community" also thought TFA was an amazing movie until TLJ came out, and that Episode 6 is actually good, so there's that. Bunch of fickle whiners who have a completely skewed view of how good the originals were in the first place.

I could not agree more.

The prequels were fucking horrible. 3 was the only one that wasn't garbage.
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
Feb 24 2021 12:08am
Quote (IgoSoHard @ Feb 23 2021 03:15pm)
Like I already said, the SW community thought it was decently good, at best, because of it's potential. Again, that hype died with TLJ.

You're doing it again. You're not an asshole for "being the guy who points out obvious shit." You're an asshole for being the guy who thinks what you perceive to be obvious & or your opinon applies to everyone else :thumbsup:

The point was that TFA was graded insanely high, the hype was outrageous and it was only after TLJs release that those ratings fell. You acknowledging that and denying the point, means you're either too stubborn or stupid to even understand the conversation being had here. It was the highest rated SW film ever lol, multiple points above even Empire, but na man, idiots didn't love and over hype a carbon copy ripoff of Hope, it was just excitement for potential, not the movie itself as you continue to tell yourself. You're the typical SW fan-boy and the exact reason why we will never have a good trilogy.

I'd love for you to even attempt to argue any of the other points made in my previous post, but I can only stand you contradicting yourself so much in one day.

Quote (fuzzy159 @ Feb 23 2021 04:09pm)
I could not agree more.

The prequels were fucking horrible. 3 was the only one that wasn't garbage.

Even worse, people absolutely love those films now. Since they've become overused meme templates it's taboo to even compare them or call them out for being even more shit than the newest ones, which is nuts considering how much fans hated them when they released.

I would love to see a real studio/director take a shot at SW, because unfortunately with Disney you have a company that only cares about the bottom-line right now. They don't want to make a great movie for adults (ya know, people who actually care about SW still), nor do they care about telling an original story. They will pander and gimmick their asses off and they'll change everything multiple times mid movie when the SW fans are inevitably unsatisfied. The only movie they liked in the moment was a fucking remake of arguably the most iconic film in the franchise, and they even turned on that a year later and claimed it was shit, or at best mediocre.

Honestly, it was so weird getting chewed out by people for a year straight whenever I said anything negative about TFA and then TLJ comes out and it's fair game to insult all of them as a whole lol. The most fickle and whiny fanbase EVER.

This post was edited by jadeoshbogosh on Feb 24 2021 12:20am
Gold: 2,979.69
Feb 26 2021 08:57pm
Last Jed was most watchable out if new trig, well see
Gold: 15.94
Feb 27 2021 01:19pm
Movies are mediocre at best

And Rian is dog shit at acting

This post was edited by Orlok666 on Feb 27 2021 01:20pm
Gold: 32,161.71
Feb 28 2021 11:10pm
Just give it to Weiss and benioff (too lazy to google correct spellings) and let it all go to hell already
Gold: 63,142.89
Mar 1 2021 12:33am
Quote (Bazi @ Mar 1 2021 12:10am)
Just give it to Weiss and benioff (too lazy to google correct spellings) and let it all go to hell already

that's why the fandom has settled on referring to them as D&D

short and practical

This post was edited by Kayeto on Mar 1 2021 12:33am
Gold: 32,161.71
Mar 1 2021 01:18am
Quote (Kayeto @ Mar 1 2021 12:33am)
that's why the fandom has settled on referring to them as D&D

short and practical

Yea dumb and dumber
Go Back To Movies & TV Shows Topic List
Prev123
Add Reply New Topic New Poll