d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher > Ls Profitable Skills
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 55,385.24
Feb 15 2021 12:26am
Quote (FloppyWaffles @ Feb 14 2021 10:07pm)
"immediate"

Every item in the game can be sold in the market for 1 fg or more........whether that item will be bought is another story......
Gold: 8,891.73
Feb 15 2021 12:48am
Quote (CARTRACK @ Feb 15 2021 07:26pm)
Every item in the game can be sold in the market for 1 fg or more........whether that item will be bought is another story......

Correct, but the initial question is how many Clicks to skill high enough skilling in comparison to killing mobs for the same 1 forum gold.

They are all the same, this is where people don't understand... 1 sec per action whether it is skilling or attacking/healing (outside of heavy weapons with 1.8 sec).

So if you click 50,000 times skilling just to get to rank 3 in transmuting vs 10 or more Master Quest climbs where you can find more than 1 item to sell @ 1fg ... which is more profitable for a beginner?

I personally say it is just more profitable to join a group or kill mobs and collect combat profs as well.

But then, everyone thinks I am talking $hit instead of just calculating it.
Gold: 619.37
Feb 15 2021 04:06am
In my experience and sort of echoed by people above

Best way to make fg is climb

Solo climb is a lot more profitable then cata climbs

So best skill to make fg?

Possibly glyping, as glyping helps you climb which makes you more money.

Some could argue fishing but there shrining for that.

Transmuting is least helpful out the main 3 for climbing but if you can have a ready supply of tier 3s and tier 4s it's easy to make 20-30fg a day from selling the essences.

If you wanna cata alot transmuting fits in nicely as there is a large supply of stuff to mute from each climb. You can get 30 - 50 mutes depending on size of your vault.
Gold: 14,458.03
Feb 15 2021 07:16am
Quote (SUPER-CARP @ Feb 15 2021 10:06am)
In my experience and sort of echoed by people above

Best way to make fg is climb

Solo climb is a lot more profitable then cata climbs

So best skill to make fg?

Possibly glyping, as glyping helps you climb which makes you more money.

Some could argue fishing but there shrining for that.

Transmuting is least helpful out the main 3 for climbing but if you can have a ready supply of tier 3s and tier 4s it's easy to make 20-30fg a day from selling the essences.

If you wanna cata alot transmuting fits in nicely as there is a large supply of stuff to mute from each climb. You can get 30 - 50 mutes depending on size of your vault.

have you even tried glyphing? absurdly slow to skill and has the least sellable items. Glyphs are very rarely purchased. getting a supply of actually useful glyphs on your own is not recommended.

Still think from the fact he's only done 2 mq's to stick to fishing as you don't need anything other than fishing rods to do fishing.
He can't mute if he has no items to mute and certainly isnt worth him buying t1's off of the marketplace for the next 10 hours worth of muting.

I suspect he'll give up on any of them anyway, just not worth the time.
Gold: 748.20
Feb 15 2021 07:23am
Have a good enough job to sell an item or two in the donor forum to get a better fg ratio if you want some fg to have for games.
Gold: 619.37
Feb 15 2021 07:29am
Quote (Bigheaded @ 15 Feb 2021 13:16)
have you even tried glyphing? absurdly slow to skill and has the least sellable items. Glyphs are very rarely purchased. getting a supply of actually useful glyphs on your own is not recommended.

Still think from the fact he's only done 2 mq's to stick to fishing as you don't need anything other than fishing rods to do fishing.
He can't mute if he has no items to mute and certainly isnt worth him buying t1's off of the marketplace for the next 10 hours worth of muting.

Yeah true glyping is slow... Nearly got level 2. I do not argue it's not great

But i do see your logic about fishing, doesn't rely on others to help and don't need mq so fair point
Gold: 30,363.04
Feb 15 2021 12:41pm
Quote (izParagonzi @ 15 Feb 2021 07:48)
Correct, but the initial question is how many Clicks to skill high enough skilling in comparison to killing mobs for the same 1 forum gold.

They are all the same, this is where people don't understand... 1 sec per action whether it is skilling or attacking/healing (outside of heavy weapons with 1.8 sec).

So if you click 50,000 times skilling just to get to rank 3 in transmuting vs 10 or more Master Quest climbs where you can find more than 1 item to sell @ 1fg ... which is more profitable for a beginner?

I personally say it is just more profitable to join a group or kill mobs and collect combat profs as well.

But then, everyone thinks I am talking $hit instead of just calculating it.

does your math still work when sitting around while w8ing for a group? ;-)
Gold: 8,891.73
Feb 15 2021 01:45pm
Quote (derDrops @ Feb 16 2021 07:41am)
does your math still work when sitting around while w8ing for a group? ;-)

Depends on how you utilize your time, if you sit and wait, answer would be no, if you sit there skilling while waiting means you are going to gain levels and when a group comes along, you basically re-roll or ask to join at your level. But more profit doing it this way:

1 Character for Group runs
1 Character to solo until a group comes along and switch to other character.

Personally, even though I play hardcore and it is common knowledge (HC) to skill on a different character than your main, I found it more beneficial to skill on any/all of my characters while I sit in town and regen... this was utilizing my time to the fullest. For Softcore it isn't a problem skilling on same character.

Still... 1 second per action is still the same either way.
Gold: 176,505.75
Feb 15 2021 03:15pm
Quote (Bigheaded @ 15 Feb 2021 14:16)

Glyphing is really not that slow, getting to rank 10 goes super quick due to the boosted prof gains early on. Considering how you can now gain prof from items below your minimum, it should be even easier than when I went for it prior to the change. The only reason why it was slow was that you got stuck on the godforsaken arcane ranks where you can’t glyph magical of the next tier consistently and had to do arcane+ to get prof. That issue is pretty much gone now that you can also do lower items to rank up. It really just gets slow when you get to Niclas level of glyphing when items become an issue while needing 46k prof for the next rank :P

Glyphing is amazing for self use, but holds little to no value in terms of earning fg from it. Anyone who mainly does solo climbs would be foolish to not get to at least 10 glyphing asap so you can at least glyph T3s, it makes life so much easier when you get to lvl 65+.
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll