d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Graphic Design > Graphic Requests > How To Prevent Signature Scams
Closed New Topic New Poll
Gold: 9,403.76
Feb 9 2021 03:39pm
***If your signature, avatar, or other art/graphics has been stolen or misused on d2jsp you can report it: HERE
The guide below is a tool you can use to help prevent these situations.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is a watermark?
A watermark is your own personal copyright which you can apply to your artworks prior to sale or distribution.
This makes it easier to report if your work is used before it is paid, stolen outright, or used anywhere on the forums without your permission.
The watermark should be visible enough to be noticeable, but be transparent enough to clearly show what is behind it.

GOOD EXAMPLE:

BAD EXAMPLE:

Notice how in the first image signature the "SAMPLE" watermark is translucent and just barely noticeable. It covers multiple layers and allows to see the entire signature easily.
Alternatively, notice how in the second signature the "SAMPLE" watermark is more solid and blocks the main focal point/text. It makes it difficult to see what the image really is.

How do I create a watermark?
In photoshop and GIMP you can lower the text layer opacity in the layers tab (PS) and layers dock (GIMP). I recommend 40% - 60% for best results.
GIMP is free, but if for whatever reason you can't access those programs you can install 3D Paint, make the text, select it and click the option "Make Sticker" Then, reduce the opacity!

Here you can see an example in Photoshop (the program I use):

Make sure the appropriate layer is selected, and adjust the bar in the drop-down.

This post was edited by Epiphany on Feb 9 2021 03:42pm
Go Back To Graphic Requests Topic List
Closed New Topic New Poll