d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher >
Poll > Ladder Slasher Suggestions. More!!
Prev15678Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 6,376.70
Feb 25 2021 12:43am
Quote (izParagonzi @ 24 Feb 2021 20:29)
Your statement and logic was flawed because while whistle was in effect it only took 5 years to reset instead of 10 as you posted. The reason why it lasted so long was because the player base dwindled during those 5 years, it had nothing to do with "whistling", damn, some people have been coming back and playing after their hiatus, most likely because of the latest update or maybe winter and spend more time in doors... we will never know their reason either.

Yes, whistling is faster to level up, no denying that fact. It can only influence reset based on the number of people playing more often.

You post is funny. "Reset took longer because fewer players." But there were fewer players because nobody wanted to drive or whistle. Why? Because Carpal Tunnel sucks. So what's the solution? Remove whistle! It'll bring players... Wait...

What's your goal again?
Gold: 8,666.98
Feb 25 2021 12:46am
Quote (FloppyWaffles @ Feb 25 2021 06:51pm)
Yes. And. Without. Whistling. It. Would. Only. Reduce. The. Player. Base. Further.

Read. My. Words. Don't. Get. It. Twisted.

Again, whistling affects you LITERALLY NOT AT ALL aside from when reset may occur. You solo. 90% of the rest of the active playerbase play in groups. Please try to take away more from them and see what's left.

This is getting old, before whistle was introduced group runs would go back and forth along the same explored path to encounter monsters (the same as whistle without the INSTANT monster spawn)... the ONLY difference, is that Whistle INSTANTLY spawns monster waves... and that is the ONLY appeal it has. Hence why I find it to be a CHEAT... I don't have an issue with the old school way of running back n forth over explored areas to randomly spawn monster waves.

Whistle is like Summon monsters ability... to be honest, it should be an ability to instantly summon monsters instead of it being instantaneous.

Quote (InsaneBobb @ Feb 25 2021 07:43pm)
You post is funny. "Reset took longer because fewer players." But there were fewer players because nobody wanted to drive or whistle. Why? Because Carpal Tunnel sucks. So what's the solution? Remove whistle! It'll bring players... Wait...

What's your goal again?

My goal... play a game with more substance... clicking to INSTANTLY spawn monster waves doesn't have any substance to playing it.

This post was edited by izParagonzi on Feb 25 2021 12:53am
Feb 25 2021 01:46am
Here is a comparison to two other games:

Diablo LoD: going out into Blood Moor (believe that is the first area) and "Whistling" monsters and you just kill them without exploring and not revealing the Map to move forward... you can just sit there and level up to Hell difficulty in normal difficulty.

Path of Exile: This is funny, before even entering the new town, you can just whistle monsters and gain levels and upgrade skills before even moving past the first area.

Whistling is cheating in those two(2) scenarios... level up in Normal mode without even advancing to Hell difficulty.
Gold: 2,157.03
Feb 25 2021 07:32am
Quote (izParagonzi @ Feb 25 2021 02:46am)
Here is a comparison to two other games:

Diablo LoD: going out into Blood Moor (believe that is the first area) and "Whistling" monsters and you just kill them without exploring and not revealing the Map to move forward... you can just sit there and level up to Hell difficulty in normal difficulty.

Path of Exile: This is funny, before even entering the new town, you can just whistle monsters and gain levels and upgrade skills before even moving past the first area.

Whistling is cheating in those two(2) scenarios... level up in Normal mode without even advancing to Hell difficulty.

The actual funny thing with your two examples: neither of those games are WASD based. It's point click. Neither game requires pressing a button to start moving after a single wave, and then using 4 directional keys to move around. You can click and hold to move.

I'd go as far as to say driving efficiently in LS is more intensive by far on your left hand than anything is in either of your examples. And whistling is just as intensive. If you stop thinking semantics of OMG BUT YOU SHOULD HAVE TO FIND THE MONSTERS and realize why people are asking for it (meanwhile asking for an autocast lmfaoooooo), you may understand. Not everyone is retired and plays with one hand.
Feb 25 2021 10:54am
Quote (izParagonzi @ 24 Feb 2021 22:46)
My goal... play a game with more substance... clicking to INSTANTLY spawn monster waves doesn't have any substance to playing it.

What a gigantic pile of stupid. What's the difference between pushing engage, changing direction, getting mobs, and just hitting whistle and getting mobs? An extra keystroke. What's "fun" about an extra keystroke? Nothing. The entire game is about killing mobs.

1/10. Post lacked even minimal effort, thought, or intelligence. Try harder or stop posting useless nonsense.
Feb 25 2021 04:59pm
Quote (FloppyWaffles @ Feb 26 2021 02:32am)
The actual funny thing with your two examples: neither of those games are WASD based. It's point click. Neither game requires pressing a button to start moving after a single wave, and then using 4 directional keys to move around. You can click and hold to move.

I'd go as far as to say driving efficiently in LS is more intensive by far on your left hand than anything is in either of your examples. And whistling is just as intensive. If you stop thinking semantics of OMG BUT YOU SHOULD HAVE TO FIND THE MONSTERS and realize why people are asking for it (meanwhile asking for an autocast lmfaoooooo), you may understand. Not everyone is retired and plays with one hand.

Click is still a click... you push a mouse button, you push a letter, it is still the same.

Quote (InsaneBobb @ Feb 26 2021 05:54am)
What a gigantic pile of stupid. What's the difference between pushing engage, changing direction, getting mobs, and just hitting whistle and getting mobs? An extra keystroke. What's "fun" about an extra keystroke? Nothing. The entire game is about killing mobs.

1/10. Post lacked even minimal effort, thought, or intelligence. Try harder or stop posting useless nonsense.

Difference is perspective... my perspective of a game is to explore... so pressing engage is to continue to explore, when you change directions you are navigating to encounter monsters... that is my perception of a game... not sit there whistling dixie to have instant waves of monsters come to me, that is boring, hence the reason I actually navigate and explore catacombs to engage with harder monsters (EPs) and have a chance of finding an item or more.

At the end of the day, I stated I hate Whistle feature, and don't use it, neither you or other people that responded to me is incorrect and neither am I, so the only unintelligent posts are those that try to belittle another by posting that their reply was stupid or lacking thought or intelligence.
Feb 25 2021 05:58pm
Quote (izParagonzi @ 25 Feb 2021 14:59)
Difference is perspective... my perspective of a game is to explore... so pressing engage is to continue to explore, when you change directions you are navigating to encounter monsters... that is my perception of a game... not sit there whistling dixie to have instant waves of monsters come to me, that is boring, hence the reason I actually navigate and explore catacombs to engage with harder monsters (EPs) and have a chance of finding an item or more.

At the end of the day, I stated I hate Whistle feature, and don't use it, neither you or other people that responded to me is incorrect and neither am I, so the only unintelligent posts are those that try to belittle another by posting that their reply was stupid or lacking thought or intelligence.

If you prefer to explore, then explore. To claim that utilizing a feature of the game is "cheating" while you're begging for skill automation is just... Well... You. You're doing well at playing the screaming 3 year old. "Others should have to play how I say, because I said so!"

:rolleyes:
Gold: 248,598.85
Feb 25 2021 10:27pm
Auto Whistle
Feb 26 2021 02:07pm
Quote (InsaneBobb @ Feb 26 2021 12:58pm)
If you prefer to explore, then explore. To claim that utilizing a feature of the game is "cheating" while you're begging for skill automation is just... Well... You. You're doing well at playing the screaming 3 year old. "Others should have to play how I say, because I said so!"

:rolleyes:

I am waiting for Auto Whistle to be added quite frankly. I am going to look out for those drunks & stoners solo'ing with Auto whistle and auto click activated pass out and die using those settings ... as long as it is a setting all good. As stated, perception, it is cheating to me, or better words, lazy play style.

EDIT: what is that old feminist joke punchline again... "if only my vibrator could mow the lawns for me, then there wouldn't be any use for men"

This post was edited by izParagonzi on Feb 26 2021 02:09pm
Gold: 350.19
Feb 26 2021 05:00pm
Quote (izParagonzi @ Feb 26 2021 03:07pm)
I am waiting for Auto Whistle to be added quite frankly. I am going to look out for those drunks & stoners solo'ing with Auto whistle and auto click activated pass out and die using those settings ... as long as it is a setting all good. As stated, perception, it is cheating to me, or better words, lazy play style.

EDIT: what is that old feminist joke punchline again... "if only my vibrator could mow the lawns for me, then there wouldn't be any use for men"

wuld get sent to town cuz of the time out feature.
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
Prev15678Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll