d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Investment & Finance > Ethereum
Prev1101112131421Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 69.69
Warn: 40%
Aug 8 2021 01:56am
Quote (ofthevoid @ Aug 6 2021 05:46pm)
ETH making my overall portfolio great again. Love it.

yeah, breaking 3k again made ethereum more than x4 of what I bought it for.
feelsgood
Gold: 337,413.14
Gold: 0.00
Sep 2 2021 11:26am
ty gains
Gold: 5.00
Sep 21 2021 09:08am
Finally scraped together a ghetto mining RIG for $700. Getting 55MH/s

Love the ebay cards 'for parts' that just have a silly BIOS errors. Ez money

This post was edited by RedFromWinter on Sep 21 2021 09:09am
Oct 2 2021 10:14pm
Quote (TheHitman @ 6 Aug 2021 11:12)
How are you feeling knowing Vitalik and his team pre mined 70% of the supply?
How are you feeling about the decision to bail themself out (reason of ethereum classic) when they fucked up with DAO in 2016? Just like the banks did in 2008, a sweet bailout.
How do you feel about most of the ETH infrastructure running on Infura which is run by Amazon web services?

Do you think it's decentralized if they can bail them self out? Burn baby burn indeed.

https://aws.amazon.com/blockchain/

25%
Gold: 18,784.00
Oct 2 2021 11:40pm
Quote (Marcusd0 @ Oct 3 2021 06:14am)

It's most likely more than that. That 25% probably come from big contracts issued. There's a good eth metric website, the cloud hosting currently is about 65% of the network : https://ethernodes.org/network-types

Whatever the cloud hosting % ratio is I am not comfortable trusting such a consensus. I'm actually having a blast right now because your post made me do some math lol. ETH protocol is running on about 3700 nodes worldwide. BTC reachable nodes is currently running at a lil bit more of 11,000, Bitcoin TOR nodes amount is about 3800. The second layer Bitcoin lightning network have about 10k TOR running node on 16k total. We need much more nodes on each consensus. Whatever it's 10k or 20k that's nothing, we need 200,000 nodes at least worldwide. Comparing the amount of self run node between eth and bitcoin is seriously embarrassing.

I'd be really curious to see some data of node opening, like how much nodes have been added in the past 5 years for each consensus. With ETH 2.0 the amount of cloud hosting % will grow bigger and bigger, it will become very expensive for the average user to run their node, This is the big fight we had to put in btc from 2015-17 between small blockers and big blockers. What happened with dao and the bailout had a huge impact on the decision of the "big blockers" in the bitcoin block war. The decision of keeping the blocks small/decentralized approach has proven good so far.

Bitcoin is censorship resistant payment system, this has proven very valuable and will be very necessary for the upcoming decades. It's still very, very, very early. Few understand this

Source for btc nodes : https://bitcoin.clarkmoody.com/dashboard/

This post was edited by TheHitman on Oct 2 2021 11:44pm
Oct 3 2021 08:26am
Quote (TheHitman @ 3 Oct 2021 07:40)
It's most likely more than that. That 25% probably come from big contracts issued. There's a good eth metric website, the cloud hosting currently is about 65% of the network : https://ethernodes.org/network-types

Whatever the cloud hosting % ratio is I am not comfortable trusting such a consensus. I'm actually having a blast right now because your post made me do some math lol. ETH protocol is running on about 3700 nodes worldwide. BTC reachable nodes is currently running at a lil bit more of 11,000, Bitcoin TOR nodes amount is about 3800. The second layer Bitcoin lightning network have about 10k TOR running node on 16k total. We need much more nodes on each consensus. Whatever it's 10k or 20k that's nothing, we need 200,000 nodes at least worldwide. Comparing the amount of self run node between eth and bitcoin is seriously embarrassing.

I'd be really curious to see some data of node opening, like how much nodes have been added in the past 5 years for each consensus. With ETH 2.0 the amount of cloud hosting % will grow bigger and bigger, it will become very expensive for the average user to run their node, This is the big fight we had to put in btc from 2015-17 between small blockers and big blockers. What happened with dao and the bailout had a huge impact on the decision of the "big blockers" in the bitcoin block war. The decision of keeping the blocks small/decentralized approach has proven good so far.

Bitcoin is censorship resistant payment system, this has proven very valuable and will be very necessary for the upcoming decades. It's still very, very, very early. Few understand this

Source for btc nodes : https://bitcoin.clarkmoody.com/dashboard/

You're a shit fudder... It dropped from 12k nodes, AkA more than your 11k BTC nodes data.. It's eth 1 mainnet, they are switching over to PoS, you should kinda add, or at least value eth2 nodes running. Plus it'll be more simple to run nodes or pool eth2 with decentralized solutions like RPL that's launching this month.
Since you mention LN why don't you do the same with Optimistic/ZK-rollups, sidechains for eth??

Funny how your initial argument was "most of the eth running on aws" - data provided from aws show 25% and you still gotta throw invalid numbers.

I'm a big BTC bull, I like BTC. But if these are your main talking points to shit on ETH. :rofl:
Gold: 18,784.00
Oct 3 2021 08:51am
Quote (Marcusd0 @ Oct 3 2021 04:26pm)
You're a shit fudder... It dropped from 12k nodes, AkA more than your 11k BTC nodes data.. It's eth 1 mainnet, they are switching over to PoS, you should kinda add, or at least value eth2 nodes running. Plus it'll be more simple to run nodes or pool eth2 with decentralized solutions like RPL that's launching this month.
Since you mention LN why don't you do the same with Optimistic/ZK-rollups, sidechains for eth??

Funny how your initial argument was "most of the eth running on aws" - data provided from aws show 25% and you still gotta throw invalid numbers.

I'm a big BTC bull, I like BTC. But if these are your main talking points to shit on ETH. :rofl:

I'm not up to date on eth development because I don't see any value in it personally. I would be happy to learn more. The data I provided is valid as far as I know, you're welcome to show me a more up to date analysis like I said I'm really not up to date on eth protocol. My argument that most of eth nodes were running on infura which is hosted on AWS was only indeed wrong, the cloud hosting is still at 60% which is not something I would be bragging again considering the human behaviour in general.

The main difference is just a certain type of system is ran by rulers and the other system is ran by rules. It might takes several decades to fail just like our current monetary system but these are very important points for me if we want a truly decentralized money layer. I'm really not a fudder I just try to be realist and learn at every occasion. I'd be happy to read more of your resources if you think my understanding is incorrect.

Edit : I seriously don't understand the PoS argument. It literally require energy to create value, it is mathematically impossible to be creative and add value to society without an energy cost. If creating things out of thin air would be something sustainable there would be no need to pay taxes. How do you see the a system like that being sustainable in the long run I'd like to read your view

This post was edited by TheHitman on Oct 3 2021 08:59am
Oct 3 2021 09:01am
Quote (TheHitman @ 3 Oct 2021 16:51)
I'm not up to date on eth development because I don't see any value in it personally. I would be happy to learn more. The data I provided is valid as far as I know, you're welcome to show me a more up to date analysis like I said I'm really not up to date on eth protocol. My argument that most of eth nodes were running on infura which is hosted on AWS was only indeed wrong, the cloud hosting is still at 60% which is not something I would be bragging again considering the human behaviour in general.

The main difference is just a certain type of system is ran by rulers and the other system is ran by rules. It might takes several decades to fail just like our current monetary system but these are very important points for me if we want a truly decentralized money layer. I'm really not a fudder I just try to be realist and learn at every occasion. I'd be happy to read more of your resources if you think my understanding is incorrect.

#2 in mc, has more volume and $ locked in various protocols than btc. Idk what to tell you.

If you conveniently leave out L2 solutions for ETH and mention LN for BTC, you are an obv fudder my guy. :rofl:

But to not just shit on eachother, I do agree we need more nodes and 200k ww is probably an OK number for now - and obv ideally increasing as the network get more used. Idk what a "good" number of nodes would be, but "the more the better" really. Ofc running 25% on AWS is not great, but there's a difference between "most" and 25%.

edit: saw your edit, it does obv cost some. Think ppl estimateed something like 99.x% or whatever less energy consumption comparing it to PoW. One answer would be: EIP-1559 long term, if it's deflationary that should pretty much answer the value question.

This post was edited by Marcusd0 on Oct 3 2021 09:04am
Gold: 69.69
Warn: 40%
Oct 3 2021 12:45pm
who won
Go Back To Investment & Finance Topic List
Prev1101112131421Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll