d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > General Help > Site Suggestions >
Poll > Shop Bots Minimalized
Closed New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 57,654.00
Jan 20 2021 09:02pm
If we can not remove the shop bots

Can we remove them from when we search for an item

its rough never being able to search when they take up 5 pages of un related topics because a word was there

Gold: 10,687.34
Warn: 90%
Jan 27 2021 11:41am
It is an interesting concept and you have a valid reason to feel the way you do.

I have ended up on some auto shops that have been out of stock with something or down in the past because of search.

I also find it hard seeing an auto shop owner selling super elite and rare items worth lots and lots of forum gold in an auto shop.

I think new, old, and current d2jsp.org users have mixed feelings on auto shop.

I suppose moderation of the auto shops in a way that doesn't get rid of them but still benefits the site and users could be a good move. It could also be a bit of more fun for all different levels of traders and gamers if done right.

I am not entirely sure how or by what standards an auto shop owner would have to obey to ensure the topic did not end in violation of the proposed search rule. I also think a violation of the rule could take some time to correct both privately and publicly.

Gold: 0.02
Warn: 80%
Jan 27 2021 12:05pm
i think jsp will not do it as by definition it s normal trade what they ( = the autoshoppers ) are doing ,
they are like you and me and all the others by definition ..

you are asking jsp to change their rules / treat its users differently - they will not do this most likely .

anyway , i have null-voted your suggestion as i haven t understood your 2 voting options :/

This post was edited by zetsubl on Jan 27 2021 12:08pm
Gold: 18,352.00
Jan 27 2021 01:08pm
Going to vote no cause this isn't bot related. Your asking to pick and choose whom gets to use keywords to take advantage of the search function.

I think what should happen is that keywords should only be used if relevant to the items in/on the listing.
Some of these users however have large keyword lists that aren't applicable to some items and that are currently being sold and imo that is an issue.

So an example being is like this..

I'm selling charms but use a key word unrelated to an item currently for sale but that is related to the topic it should be closed/reportable.
EG: I'm sell cold gc's but list word like light/lightning/spark in hopes that I get them later or to lure others in to buy something else.
Gold: 12,935.00
Jan 27 2021 01:56pm
Quote (King Atrhur @ 27 Jan 2021 20:08)
Going to vote no cause this isn't bot related. Your asking to pick and choose whom gets to use keywords to take advantage of the search function.

I think what should happen is that keywords should only be used if relevant to the items in/on the listing.
Some of these users however have large keyword lists that aren't applicable to some items and that are currently being sold and imo that is an issue.

I'm selling charms but use a key word unrelated to an item currently for sale but that is related to the topic it should be closed/reportable.
EG: I'm sell cold gc's but list word like light/lightning/spark in hopes that I get them later or to lure others in to buy something else.

that is not at all something that can be moderated, the amount of time that would have to be spent checking up on that would be insane
Gold: 18,352.00
Jan 27 2021 02:04pm
Quote (Klexmoo @ Jan 27 2021 02:56pm)
that is not at all something that can be moderated, the amount of time that would have to be spent checking up on that would be insane

How so?

User reports thread for illegal trade.
Mod reviews post just like the normally do.
Action is or isn't taken.

I'm not asking for anything more then what they already do.
Gold: 10,687.34
Warn: 90%
Jan 27 2021 02:11pm
I think King Atrhur had some good points to add to some of the discussion here.

How do you feel about the op site suggestion?
Gold: 12,935.00
Jan 27 2021 03:51pm
Quote (King Atrhur @ 27 Jan 2021 21:04)
How so?

User reports thread for illegal trade.
Mod reviews post just like the normally do.
Action is or isn't taken.

I'm not asking for anything more then what they already do.

shops are updated in real time, whether an item is available or not can change potentially every second

This post was edited by Klexmoo on Jan 27 2021 03:52pm
Gold: 57,654.00
Jan 27 2021 06:13pm
Quote (Sempervirens @ Jan 27 2021 12:41pm)
It is an interesting concept and you have a valid reason to feel the way you do.

I have ended up on some auto shops that have been out of stock with something or down in the past because of search.

I also find it hard seeing an auto shop owner selling super elite and rare items worth lots and lots of forum gold in an auto shop.

I think new, old, and current d2jsp.org users have mixed feelings on auto shop.

I suppose moderation of the auto shops in a way that doesn't get rid of them but still benefits the site and users could be a good move. It could also be a bit of more fun for all different levels of traders and gamers if done right.

I am not entirely sure how or by what standards an auto shop owner would have to obey to ensure the topic did not end in violation of the proposed search rule. I also think a violation of the rule could take some time to correct both privately and publicly.

Agreed I wouldn't know how to limit it being fair... Im not trying to eliminate fg options just help others
Also in the rules its against the rules but we are passed that

Quote (zetsubl @ Jan 27 2021 01:05pm)
i think jsp will not do it as by definition it s normal trade what they ( = the autoshoppers ) are doing ,
they are like you and me and all the others by definition ..

you are asking jsp to change their rules / treat its users differently - they will not do this most likely .

anyway , i have null-voted your suggestion as i haven t understood your 2 voting options :/

jsp rules don't matter bots are against them
I don't need jsp rules to change just help the people stay even if that makes sense =)
I appreciate your comment

Quote (King Atrhur @ Jan 27 2021 02:08pm)

Technically Jsp Reads

"No botting or automation of any features within d2jsp, including, but not limited to, posting, page refreshing, Ladder Slasher. "

So in reality they are not legal

BUT I do see the point of them.

Limiting them in my eyes would help balance the rules. It will also help some people search for things without being bombarded by 20 threads they don't care about.
When searching unique things it still broadens the search in my experience.
I agree not silencing the traders... but also not silencing the non bot traders

I do appreciate a different look on this is why I give you my thoughts

Quote (Klexmoo @ Jan 27 2021 04:51pm)
shops are updated in real time, whether an item is available or not can change potentially every second

Idk how this would be changed , I appreciate thoughts on how !
Gold: 27,873.00
Jan 29 2021 10:26am
Imo according to the rules it is illegal.
Automated trading is dumb for a forum like this anyway.
Go Back To Site Suggestions Topic List
Closed New Topic New Poll