d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Anime > Manga Questions
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
Jan 13 2021 03:03pm
I've burnt myself out a little bit and run out of shows that I consider to be of above average quality. Occasionally I'll come across a gem I haven't seen, but they're few and far between at this point.

Anyway, I want to start picking up manga to fill the void a little. I'm starting by reading manga for shows that got fucked over by the anime. I've finished Deadman Wonderland and I'm currently reading Gantz+Berserk. Do you guys have any recommendations for manga that was much better than the anime, do you have any tips for where I should be looking to buy manga, how I can get good prices/deals, or websites to use?

Any information is super helpful. I messaged a few of the weebs I know, but figured asking you guys is always a good call.
Gold: 20.00
Jan 13 2021 05:26pm
Mangahere is pretty great for a website to just browse random shit.

As for "better than the anime", there are not a ton of places where that is strictly true for manga, as some people simply prefer one medium over the other, even if the story or pacing suffers from filler etc.

Maybe berserk?

In terms of buying, hard to say. I think paying the subscription to the Viz shounen jump site could be worth it ( I don't personally )

Jan 13 2021 05:32pm
Quote (Eep @ Jan 13 2021 03:26pm)
Mangahere is pretty great for a website to just browse random shit.

As for "better than the anime", there are not a ton of places where that is strictly true for manga, as some people simply prefer one medium over the other, even if the story or pacing suffers from filler etc.

Maybe berserk?

In terms of buying, hard to say. I think paying the subscription to the Viz shounen jump site could be worth it ( I don't personally )

I'm not talking about preference, as I understand that's a total toss-up, I mean more like where the anime CLEARLY dropped the ball or didn't finish.

Either they went way off script, like what would have been the case with FMA, had they not made FMAB. Or examples like Berserk (which you said) where they left us high and dry for 25 years, only to churn out the absolute worst fucking looking show I've ever seen. I still can't even fathom how anyone allowed them to use such a childish and piss poor looking animation for such an epic manga, it absolutely ruins it. Even worse, they used a slightly better, but still terrible looking style in the movies that were shit all over by tons of fans, and they just completely ignored what fans wanted and took it a step further. Or Deadman Wonderland/Gantz, where they followed it super faithfully, but then ran out of money, or got cancelled, and rather than leaving it open for a possible return, they threw together a bullshit ending that had fuck-all to do with the real show.

Oh Claymore, there's another one, great show, but they just said awwww fuck it, and veered off a cliff with the last few episodes, rather than leaving it open to actually continue the epic goodness down the road.

Ones like that. If the anime finishes and it's like the manga, but there are differences throughout, i.e, Death Note, FMAB, etc.. I have no interest in reading the manga for those. I want to sate my love for shows that had more to tell or that were ruined by their anime adaptations.
Gold: 22,393.07
Jan 13 2021 06:26pm
Mangas off the top of my head
Solo leveling
The breaker

I havent watched anime since middle school but i think One punch man pretty solid, and has a anime as well I think.

Are you looking for free websites, physical copies?
Manga or only mangas that have anime adaptions?

I usually look for scanlation groups for the stuff I like, usually they have a few titles that they are doing that are somewhat similar in style

This post was edited by potentate on Jan 13 2021 06:38pm
Gold: 0.00
Jan 13 2021 07:36pm
If only Hajime No Ippo had english volumes. Viz should have been doing english translations a long time ago. Would be a top seller in the US for sure.
Jan 13 2021 07:53pm
Quote (potentate @ Jan 13 2021 04:26pm)
Mangas off the top of my head
Solo leveling
The breaker

I havent watched anime since middle school but i think One punch man pretty solid, and has a anime as well I think.

Are you looking for free websites, physical copies?
Manga or only mangas that have anime adaptions?

I usually look for scanlation groups for the stuff I like, usually they have a few titles that they are doing that are somewhat similar in style

Doesn't matter tbh. I prefer to own things, so physical copies are preferred, but im happy reading stuff online, especially if it's an excessively long series.
Gold: 1,718.69
Jan 13 2021 08:00pm
Kimetsu no Yaiba

ones with no anime:
soul land 1+2, though if you read 2 it has some spoilers to 1 and so on with 3, never read much of soul land 3.
kill the hero
auto hunting (though to read the farthest it's on YT iirc)

actually to be honest i mostly just read ones that have LN adaptions like how Heavenly Jewel Change is starting to be adapted and how I used to read Tales of demons and gods.

I'll check my 10x different half saved notepad++'s and come up with a complete list.

This post was edited by Aho on Jan 13 2021 08:01pm
Gold: 0.09
Jan 13 2021 08:10pm
A lot of the chinese martial arts stories are good if you haven't read them, but they get to repetitive like to the extreme.

I think air gear fits your "anime completely chopped"

Choujinn isekai is good not sure if you watched that.

Solo leveling mentioned before is rly good.

I also like long live the king which has d2 related stuff.

Mangakakalot.com and mangahere are what i use
Gold: 1,790.00
Jan 14 2021 11:58am
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Jan 13 2021 03:03pm)
I've burnt myself out a little bit and run out of shows that I consider to be of above average quality. Occasionally I'll come across a gem I haven't seen, but they're few and far between at this point.

Anyway, I want to start picking up manga to fill the void a little. I'm starting by reading manga for shows that got fucked over by the anime. I've finished Deadman Wonderland and I'm currently reading Gantz+Berserk. Do you guys have any recommendations for manga that was much better than the anime, do you have any tips for where I should be looking to buy manga, how I can get good prices/deals, or websites to use?

Any information is super helpful. I messaged a few of the weebs I know, but figured asking you guys is always a good call.

First two that come to mind are Tokyo Ghoul and Tower of God
Gold: 0.00
Jan 14 2021 01:42pm
MPD Psycho

It can get a tad fucked up at times...
Go Back To Anime Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll