d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Motor Sports & Cars > Jiffy Lube Left My Oil Cap Off
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Retired Moderator
Gold: 35,078.94
Trader: Trusted
Jan 6 2021 09:06am
Got an oil change 2 months ago, only have driven maybe 5 times since. I didn’t realize til today that they left the oil cap off completely. So I’ve driven about 100 miles and oil splashed out a good bit.

Oil is covering a good bit of what is under my hood, including the underside of my hood.

I took it to jiffy lube and they sprayed cleaner and wiped it down and said good to go. I don’t know if oil splashing all over can actually cause problems. Anything I should be worried about or is jiffy lube’s simple spray/wipe down enough?

Thanks!
Gold: 244,413.00
Jan 7 2021 09:01am
Doubt it's an issue
Gold: 1,535.00
Jan 7 2021 01:29pm
Quote (AspenSniper @ Jan 6 2021 07:06am)
Got an oil change 2 months ago, only have driven maybe 5 times since. I didn’t realize til today that they left the oil cap off completely. So I’ve driven about 100 miles and oil splashed out a good bit.

Oil is covering a good bit of what is under my hood, including the underside of my hood.

I took it to jiffy lube and they sprayed cleaner and wiped it down and said good to go. I don’t know if oil splashing all over can actually cause problems. Anything I should be worried about or is jiffy lube’s simple spray/wipe down enough?

Thanks!

nah cleaning it off and youll be fine, if anything it gave ur shit a nice lubrication anti rust layer for a bit, altho it would get messy from collecting the dirt and what not. no worse than having a leaky valve cover gasket or what not.

just make sure its been cleaned off and make sure the oil level is correct after losing some from sloshing
Retired Moderator
Gold: 35,078.94
Trader: Trusted
Jan 7 2021 01:39pm
Quote (KoJ @ Jan 7 2021 02:29pm)
nah cleaning it off and youll be fine, if anything it gave ur shit a nice lubrication anti rust layer for a bit, altho it would get messy from collecting the dirt and what not. no worse than having a leaky valve cover gasket or what not.

just make sure its been cleaned off and make sure the oil level is correct after losing some from sloshing

thanks guys. yeah the oil level is all good. annoyance more than anything LOL
Gold: 255.11
Jan 11 2021 09:29am
Quote (KoJ @ Jan 7 2021 02:29pm)

oil and rubber isnt something good
Would make sure everything is nice and clean
Go Back To Motor Sports & Cars Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll