d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher > LS Character Builds > Does Anybody Know How Weapon Ratios Work?
Prev123
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8,655.58
Jan 1 2021 02:43am
Quote (a_hotter_otter @ Jan 1 2021 08:41am)
thats a great start.

now we have to correlate the Increase in value each stat and if it actually works for a wide range of numbers not just 60-75.

but that really really is a great start. :cheers:

What Bigheaded has not realised and a lot of the LS community, the damage stat (str or dex) added based on type of weapon varies.

If you put in 1 point into Strength for a sword, it does NOT necassarily give you increased damage, and on top of that, if you put in a 2nd Strength point for sword user, you will only increase damage by EITHER 1 min or 1 max damage output.

This is why I laugh my fucking arse off at people that think that 1 stat point makes a fucking difference in damage.

EDIT: yeah, done this test years ago, and even then I could not believe it. Also... done testing this with 0 ee weapons or Ranks in those weapons. Think it needs a do over... but then, I doubt much has changed since ratios were introduced.

This post was edited by izParagonzi on Jan 1 2021 02:49am
Gold: 13,266.28
Jan 1 2021 05:25am
Quote (izParagonzi @ Jan 1 2021 08:43am)
What Bigheaded has not realised and a lot of the LS community, the damage stat (str or dex) added based on type of weapon varies.

If you put in 1 point into Strength for a sword, it does NOT necassarily give you increased damage, and on top of that, if you put in a 2nd Strength point for sword user, you will only increase damage by EITHER 1 min or 1 max damage output.

This is why I laugh my fucking arse off at people that think that 1 stat point makes a fucking difference in damage.

EDIT: yeah, done this test years ago, and even then I could not believe it. Also... done testing this with 0 ee weapons or Ranks in those weapons. Think it needs a do over... but then, I doubt much has changed since ratios were introduced.

i clearly stated in my post that sometimes 1 point of strength or dex is not always extra damage. The topic went on to prove this (I already knew this, otter did not) good job on not reading anyone elses posts. AGAIN.
i'm not sure how you can make these posts without even reading all the comments in the topic. This is one the things which really pisses me off with you. If you can't be arsed to read the entire topic and post something useful then don't post at all.

Anyway,
If you find any errors with this, let me know. I already know for certain that the axes are correct, i've tried various amounts of strength/dex between 20 and 200 and all of these turned out correct for swords/staffs/daggers/clubs to the following chart.
Green numbers will add damage, red numbers do not.

So to try and give you the short way of how the works.
For clubs/daggers,
putting into the correct stat will give damage except for when the value ends in a 1. All other points will add damage.
Putting stats into the wrong stat will only increase damage when you get a 0 on the end, so any multiple of 10. All other values do not add damage.

For swords/staffs
Putting into the correct stat will give damage except for when you take away 1 it becomes divisible by 4 with no remainder. (so for example going from 60 to 61 damage will not add damage, as 61 - 1 = 60 and is then divisible by 4 = 15 with 0 remainder). all other points will add damage
putting into the wrong stat will give damage except for any number divisible by 4 without a remainder. (so 60/64/68 etc)

Axes:
Only even numbers will give damage, if you have 101 strength and 100 dex, going to 101 dex will NOT add damage, whilst the total is even, the strength/dex must be taken separately. going to 102 strength and 100 dex will add damage.

As i said, if you find any errors, please let me know, i will be highly surprised. I will need to know the specifics of what weapon you were using and how much strength or dex you reached. I would rather you double checked before trying to call any error.
Gold: 638.99
Jan 3 2021 08:29am
Quote (Bigheaded @ Jan 1 2021 06:25am)
i clearly stated in my post that sometimes 1 point of strength or dex is not always extra damage. The topic went on to prove this (I already knew this, otter did not) good job on not reading anyone elses posts. AGAIN.
i'm not sure how you can make these posts without even reading all the comments in the topic. This is one the things which really pisses me off with you. If you can't be arsed to read the entire topic and post something useful then don't post at all.

Anyway, ^a_hotter_otter
If you find any errors with this, let me know. I already know for certain that the axes are correct, i've tried various amounts of strength/dex between 20 and 200 and all of these turned out correct for swords/staffs/daggers/clubs to the following chart.

https://i.imgur.com/hVY4AqY.png

https://i.imgur.com/DVptDIg.png

For clubs/daggers,
putting into the correct stat will give damage except for when the value ends in a 1. All other points will add damage.
Putting stats into the wrong stat will only increase damage when you get a 0 on the end, so any multiple of 10. All other values do not add damage.

For swords/staffs
Putting into the correct stat will give damage except for when you take away 1 it becomes divisible by 4 with no remainder. (so for example going from 60 to 61 damage will not add damage, as 61 - 1 = 60 and is then divisible by 4 = 15 with 0 remainder). all other points will add damage
putting into the wrong stat will give damage except for any number divisible by 4 without a remainder. (so 60/64/68 etc)

Axes:
Only even numbers will give damage, if you have 101 strength and 100 dex, going to 101 dex will NOT add damage, whilst the total is even, the strength/dex must be taken separately. going to 102 strength and 100 dex will add damage.

As i said, if you find any errors, please let me know, i will be highly surprised. I will need to know the specifics of what weapon you were using and how much strength or dex you reached. I would rather you double checked before trying to call any error.

Tested the axes too on headhunter, ran 50/50 builds, str builds and dex builds. Always same outcome
Gold: 8,655.58
Jan 3 2021 08:17pm
Quote (Bigheaded @ Jan 2 2021 12:25am)
blah...

Anyway, ^a_hotter_otter

https://i.imgur.com/hVY4AqY.png

https://i.imgur.com/DVptDIg.png

For clubs/daggers,

For swords/staffs

Axes:

Finally. Tables (oh w8... been around for years and not shared) Great work on tables.
Go Back To LS Character Builds Topic List
Prev123
Add Reply New Topic New Poll