d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Graphic Design > Looking To Get Back Into Graphic Design
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 10%
Dec 20 2020 10:46pm
Currently have Gimp 2.0 installed. (It's been a couple years)

My questions/iso of recommendations are, is there a better/easier free/worth the $ program that someone with beg/novice knowledge could pick up and learn the foundations in a timely manner? Also open to any video or guides recommendations that would help. Thanks for your time in advance. 🍻

This post was edited by PairADice on Dec 20 2020 10:48pm
Gold: 0.09
Dec 21 2020 09:55pm
You can ask one of those compute repair shops for a copy of photoshop. Should cost around 50$ to do so. Much better than risking piracy and paying hundreds.
Gold: 0.00
Dec 22 2020 12:49am
I picked up Affinity Photo and Affinity Designer for like $40 or $50 years ago in a bundle, as a one time fee with no subscription and free updates to the latest version
Current price is $50 for each of them now

It features a lot of the same things in PS, and has a free trial if you want to give it a try before buying it

The only part that I find it lacking in is the ability to make gif images, which honestly doesn't bother me, because there are plenty of free online sources to use to edit videos and gifs

PS will have more convenience related features available, at the extra price that repeatedly charges you monthly - Affinity probably saved me from being robbed out of $1000+ by Adobe
Gold: 1,595.00
Dec 22 2020 05:48am
Quote (Kokua @ 22 Dec 2020 07:49)
I picked up Affinity Photo and Affinity Designer for like $40 or $50 years ago in a bundle, as a one time fee with no subscription and free updates to the latest version

It features a lot of the same things in PS, and has a free trial if you want to give it a try before buying it

The only part that I find it lacking in is the ability to make gif images, which honestly doesn't bother me, because there are plenty of free online sources to use to edit videos and gifs

PS will have more convenience related features available, at the extra price that repeatedly charges you monthly - Affinity probably saved me from being robbed out of $1000+ by Adobe

vouch for affinity photo
its a great program and besides relearning the shortcuts for certain actions i had no problem getting into it as an ex-photoshop user
its regularly on sale for as low as 25$ if i remember correctly
only thing i have a problem with is the apply image feature that is so regularly used in signature making does not work in affinity photo but you can work around that with a few more clicks
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 10%
Dec 22 2020 03:14pm
Quote (Kokua @ Dec 22 2020 01:49am)

Quote (rinirax @ Dec 22 2020 06:48am)
vouch for affinity photo
its a great program and besides relearning the shortcuts for certain actions i had no problem getting into it as an ex-photoshop user
its regularly on sale for as low as 25$ if i remember correctly
only thing i have a problem with is the apply image feature that is so regularly used in signature making does not work in affinity photo but you can work around that with a few more clicks

Ty for feedback I'll definitely check it out!
Go Back To Graphic Design Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll