d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher > LS Character Builds > ? Prof Hunt: Using Crit Hit Stat Vs Dmg Stat.
Prev1345
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 14,458.03
Dec 10 2020 06:01pm
Quote (izParagonzi @ Dec 10 2020 11:51pm)
How about I point out the obvious to you:

1 person does 7k actions and gains 6k prof while in a full group run in 1 hour.
1 person does 7k actions and gains 6k prof while solo'ing in 1 hour.

WTF is the difference? same actions, same timeframe and still receiving the same prof points?

the difference is, is that you cannot get 7k actions in an hour solo. Heck, i'm not sure you can get it in group either, needs some 12% spamming with a warlock on every single wave.

As i pointed in group, multistrike hits 9 targets, each of those hits has a 20% chance to gain 1 prof. Each of those 9 hits counts as an action.
For solo, you are capped at 3 targets. so a max of 3 actions per multistrike/ability.

I believe in solo i would be struggling to get 2k actions in an hour compared to that climb where in 1 hour 25 mins I got 6345 actions.

IF we excluded abilities then yes your logic would be perfect.

I'll highlight this so you can read it:
ONE MULTISTRIKE ON 9 TARGETS IS 9 ACTIONS
Gold: 8,891.73
Dec 10 2020 06:08pm
Okay... had to reflect on this a bit more. Since I am (yes I am) a prof point hunter, I should elaborate more.

My builds are Melee(have to test attack casting) / Heal.
So, when I encounter a wave, I want to gain the MOST prof point gain (max 10) with either Attack or Heal.
So, when I am explaining prof hunting, I am explaining how to get max 10 prof point per wave.
Now... there are different factors to implement this (hence my responses in this thread and trying to explain it to others)... identifying what item level to character level while welling item levels [when do you NOT gain any prof points], same applies in Full Group Runs [so what if you kill off a well monster faster with others in the group, it reduces your actions which = less prof point gain, fuck off with abilities when welling, you are ONLY attacking 1 mob]

Fuck... there are a number of things to factor in... all you (bigheaded) is taking in 1/10th of prof points. Do you know the exact % of prof gain using each weapon, attack charm or even heal charm? no you fucking don't.

Quote (Bigheaded @ Dec 11 2020 01:01pm)
the difference is, is that you cannot get 7k actions in an hour solo. Heck, i'm not sure you can get it in group either, needs some 12% spamming with a warlock on every single wave.

As i pointed in group, multistrike hits 9 targets, each of those hits has a 20% chance to gain 1 prof. Each of those 9 hits counts as an action.
For solo, you are capped at 3 targets. so a max of 3 actions per multistrike/ability.

I believe in solo i would be struggling to get 2k actions in an hour compared to that climb where in 1 hour 25 mins I got 6345 actions.

IF we excluded abilities then yes your logic would be perfect.

Honestly... take a walk on the flipside... your argument is flawed:

9 wave 1 click action 1 character in a 5 man group vs 3 wave 1 click action 1 character solo x 5... ffs

This post was edited by izParagonzi on Dec 10 2020 06:10pm
Dec 10 2020 06:18pm
Quote (izParagonzi @ Dec 11 2020 12:08am)
Fuck... there are a number of things to factor in... all you (bigheaded) is taking in 1/10th of prof points. Do you know the exact % of prof gain using each weapon, attack charm or even heal charm? no you fucking don't.

That's what testing is for, for weapons it appears to be 20% chance to receive 1 prof per "successful hit"
I can do the other 2 without much hassle. Would you like me to check?

I do not believe you will get any additional prof whilst fighting well mobs or EP's. Is this something you'd like to know the answer to?
Anything else you need an answer to?

My main concern here is why you are trying to get the full 10 prof per wave, this just seems extremely boring and as you put it "you are basically eating the meat from the bones with your teeth (mouth)... yes it is faster and most likely throwing away the bones (as in missing drops) because you left meat on the bone"
For you're specifically playing slower, if you play it really slow then less mobs are dying = less drops. There was the interesting debate not so long ago where more hits = more drops, this also requires more testing as i don't believe that was ever resolved.
There is going to be extremely little difference in your prof from killing fast and getting drops, than trying to maximise your 10 prof points each time a wave of 3 comes up. If you're maximising it on every wave then that's worse than just playing normally.

Quote (izParagonzi @ Dec 11 2020 12:08am)

9 wave 1 click action 1 character in a 5 man group vs 3 wave 1 click action 1 character solo x 5... ffs

how long do you need to wait to charge 5x revenges? How often are your 3 waves even coming up?

This post was edited by Bigheaded on Dec 10 2020 06:22pm
Dec 10 2020 06:19pm
Quote (Bigheaded @ Dec 11 2020 01:18pm)
That's what testing is for, for weapons it appears to be 20% chance to receive 1 prof per "successful hit"
I can do the other 2 without much hassle. Would you like me to check?

I do not believe you will get any additional prof whilst fighting well mobs or EP's. Is this something you'd like to know the answer to?
Anything else you need an answer to?

My main concern here is why you are trying to get the full 10 prof per wave, this just seems extremely boring and as you put it "you are basically eating the meat from the bones with your teeth (mouth)... yes it is faster and most likely throwing away the bones (as in missing drops) because you left meat on the bone"
For you're specifically playing slower, if you play it really slow then less mobs are dying = less drops. There was the interesting debate not so long ago where more hits = more drops, this also requires more testing as i don't believe that was ever resolved.
There is going to be extremely little difference in your prof from killing fast and getting drops, than trying to maximise your 10 prof points each time a wave of 3 comes up. If you're maximising it on every wave then that's worse than just playing normally.

wtf do think I have been doing for the last 10+ years (excl time off)?

This post was edited by izParagonzi on Dec 10 2020 06:20pm
Dec 10 2020 06:23pm
Quote (izParagonzi @ Dec 11 2020 12:19am)
wtf do think I have been doing for the last 10+ years (excl time off)?

then post the answers? This info isn't exactly hard to find out anyway, however i'm not surprised it took you 10 years
Dec 10 2020 06:29pm
Quote (Bigheaded @ Dec 11 2020 01:23pm)
then post the answers? This info isn't exactly hard to find out anyway, however i'm not surprised it took you 10 years

You are still missing the point... this thread is asking for the opinion of people (outside of myself and of course you [who happens to believe in BS])

I mean... have you even bothered to answer the question of this thread other than pointing out your opinion and trying to argue BULLSHIT?????

Can you even FATHOM to answer the FUCKING question of this thread? NO... then fuck off, YES, then fucking post it.
Dec 10 2020 07:12pm
FUCK FUCK FUCK AND MORE FUCK.

Paladin: 2 different builds: different ability choices based on group/solo runs

Issue here is that a solo character does NOT have a healer, so, they have to heal themselves.

REVENGE: 4 points = 48% charge up (hits taken, basically both builds only use STAT armor, NOT enhanced effect)
SALVATION: 6 points = 40% charge up (hits taken, so, no enhanced effect armor)

Now let us take a closer look at this if you were to choose Multistrike: 6 points = 40% charge [basically level 25+]
Now compare the difference from level 10 with 48% charge vs level 25 with 40% charge [there is more to consider here]

How many 9 monster waves do you encounter from level 10 to level 25 in a full group where Multistrike is awesome? or is it? what % charge up rate are you getting per action during those waves?

Do you want a bit more semantics to this discussion? Revenge charges based on "Hits Taken" (encounter 1 = same as charging multistrike, encounter 2 = double chance to charge up in that second, if encountering 3, then it is 3x faster)

I am guessing you (or reader) is lost with the previous statement. The answer is simple... Multistrike charges up with Attacks (based on weapon speed) which is simplified by 1 attack per second [excl Heavy = 1.8s] (action), now, Revenge charges up with "Hits Taken" [per second], if encountering 1 mob and you get hit (damaged), then you have a % chance to charge up the Revenge skill. (basically the same time as attacking using either Multistrike or Powerstrike)... now comes the "spanner", if the monster wave is two(2), and both successfully Hit you in one(1) second (action), it doubles the chance to charge up your Revenge ability (basically 3x if there are 3+ monster spawn in WAVE)... you can not do this in the same time with Multistrike, reasoning is simple... 1 action charged up per attack (Wave or not), Revenge charges up at the same rate and FASTER, if they get hit.
Dec 10 2020 07:41pm
Now... let us see; where I started prof hunting.

My first Master Quest after reaching Rank 10 Sword on SC:

Jul 11 2009 11:06pm izParagonzi Earned 1 Guild Point(s)

Yup... basically 11 years ago

EDIT: teach me something about prof hunting.

This post was edited by izParagonzi on Dec 10 2020 07:42pm
Dec 10 2020 08:31pm
Quote (izParagonzi @ Dec 11 2020 01:41am)
Now... let us see; where I started prof hunting.

My first Master Quest after reaching Rank 10 Sword on SC:

Jul 11 2009 11:06pm izParagonzi Earned 1 Guild Point(s)

Yup... basically 11 years ago

EDIT: teach me something about prof hunting.

sure.

it's faster to get prof in groups than it is in solo.
Dec 10 2020 08:34pm
Quote (Bigheaded @ Dec 11 2020 01:01pm)

I had to laugh at this statement.

No... it is NOT 9 actions when you use the ability Multistrike... it is ONE(1) action.

EDIT: you are mostly confused (same as readers)... to simplify this, "it only takes 1 click action to use the multistike ability... not 9"

#2... the 9 hits (if successful) gives you a chance to gain either 0 or 9 prof point per. Yup, you did not learn anything

With each "Successful Hit Check", you either get 0 or 1 prof point.
Prof point(s) is capped to a maximum of 10 per Wave.

1 Action vs 1 Monster has to make a "Successful Hit Check" = either 0 or 1 prof.
1 Action vs Multiple (say 9) increases your chances because you can get up to 9 "Successful Hit Checks" = 0 up to 9 prof points (1 Action)

This post was edited by izParagonzi on Dec 10 2020 08:54pm
Go Back To LS Character Builds Topic List
Prev1345
Add Reply New Topic New Poll