d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher > LS Character Builds > ? Prof Hunt: Using Crit Hit Stat Vs Dmg Stat.
1235Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8,892.68
Dec 9 2020 02:08pm
"How to keep reasonable damage using EE gear, BUT (yes BUT) gain more Actions per Wave?" (actions speak louder than words, or as Legirotto stated: "the more you click, more prof points gained" (something to that effect)

Switch Stat items to Ratios? i.e. Sword : 75 str / 25 dex (use Dex Stat items instead of Str)

So, would it be reasonable to use Ratios which fundamentally decreases damage (by a small amount) but increase Critical Hit Chance. (excludes Casters)
Gold: 16,643.48
Dec 10 2020 11:59am
I really don't see the point, this doesn't increase the speed you click, so why not just use what is optimal and clear waves as fast as possible to get loot as well as prof?
There's no real reason to "prof hunt" for solo players except for when they're like 95% of the way to the next, then getting it completed means they can't lose it by dying.

What is the main purpose for solo players to get weapon prof? Answer: To kill stuff faster for more drops.
So why are you slowing down by using non optimal strats? Getting +1% ee is not really worth the hassle of slowing down.
The possible exception of getting to say the first 5 prof's, as the first 5 can be gained reasonably quickly, However if you're doing that, why not join a group for prof hunting? Significantly better speed.

If anything, if you're getting battered and wouldnt mind extra prof, just raise your vit even higher, at 120 vit you shouldnt need to town as much, you do less damage so get more hits per wave and still maintain being reasonably optimal.

My tips for prof hunting:
Do groups
If you only solo, just keep being optimal, they will come anyway.
Don't worry about them, getting to prof 10 is a lot of work for solo and not worth the effort in specifically hunting for it.
Dec 10 2020 12:26pm
Quote (Bigheaded @ Dec 11 2020 06:59am)
I really don't see the point, this doesn't increase the speed you click, so why not just use what is optimal and clear waves as fast as possible to get loot as well as prof?
There's no real reason to "prof hunt" for solo players except for when they're like 95% of the way to the next, then getting it completed means they can't lose it by dying.

What is the main purpose for solo players to get weapon prof? Answer: To kill stuff faster for more drops.
So why are you slowing down by using non optimal strats? Getting +1% ee is not really worth the hassle of slowing down.
The possible exception of getting to say the first 5 prof's, as the first 5 can be gained reasonably quickly, However if you're doing that, why not join a group for prof hunting? Significantly better speed.

If anything, if you're getting battered and wouldnt mind extra prof, just raise your vit even higher, at 120 vit you shouldnt need to town as much, you do less damage so get more hits per wave and still maintain being reasonably optimal.

My tips for prof hunting:
Do groups
If you only solo, just keep being optimal, they will come anyway.
Don't worry about them, getting to prof 10 is a lot of work for solo and not worth the effort in specifically hunting for it.

hey, thanks for that input... but I am going to just say you are totally wrong that group runs give you more prof points... you don't get more prof points in a group run... you just DON'T

you are good at numbers right?

full group = 1-9 wave (right)
full group = 5 players (right)
solo = 1-3 wave (right)

How many players in full group will use Multistrike/cast? All 5 right... so you are all competing with each other right, remember... it is still ONLY 1 action.

Why 1 hit kill, when you can get maximum 10 prof point per wave. If you level up too fast you get to a point where the chance of prof gain reduces (again this has to be tested further/item level vs monster level and also welling factors)

You see... this is what we both don't know... ALSO welling... you have to solo well for benefits, not group well (if you guys well altogether like we use too in a group)

Put it this way... A prof hunter is a prof hunter, they play to gain prof, not for items, not for speed, not for guild points and not for forum gold... how do I know this... because that is why I started playing this game and stayed so long... You know for a fact... Rank 10 Sword before even joining a group run to get my very first MQ.

I am a prof hunter, always have been and I can proudly say this with significance... YOU & EVERYONE WITH THE SAME OPINION are wrong about group runs and gaining prof points.

It doesn't matter... 10,000 actions in full group is the same as 10,000 action solo, it is the fucking same result... the ONLY significant thing that changes... is the "Successful Hit Check" for fuck sake... we worked this shit out in the other thread.

I mean I had to EDIT this in... HELL DAMN, LEGIROTTO GOT IT... WHAT HAPPENED WITH YOU?

Quote (legirotto @ Dec 9 2020 03:23pm)
Just learned here that the more you click more prof points you get.

This post was edited by izParagonzi on Dec 10 2020 12:43pm
Dec 10 2020 01:07pm
clearly as usual you are missing the point.
Quote (izParagonzi @ Dec 10 2020 06:26pm)
It doesn't matter... 10,000 actions in full group is the same as 10,000 action solo, it is the fucking same result

How many actions does multistrike give against a wave of 3 mobs?
exactly 3.

How many actions does multistrike give against a wave of 9 mobs?
exactly 9

How often does mutistrike get spammed in solo? extremely rarely as it's a terrible ability for solo. You yourself suggested salvation + retribution are solid abilities.
How often does multistrike get spammed in groups? Roughly every 6 hits at level 30+

In one 9 mob wave, you "could" get all 9 prof points from a single multistrike. You can't even start to match that in solo.

So to clear up the point in case here, you can get 10,000 actions in groups in 2 climbs to 83 or 85, this takes about 75 mins each, or 2.5 hours.
In solo i believe it would take more like 4-5 hours to get those types of actions

This post was edited by Bigheaded on Dec 10 2020 01:12pm
Dec 10 2020 01:55pm
Quote (Bigheaded @ Dec 11 2020 08:07am)
clearly as usual you are missing the point.

How many actions does multistrike give against a wave of 3 mobs?
exactly 3.

How many actions does multistrike give against a wave of 9 mobs?
exactly 9

How often does mutistrike get spammed in solo? extremely rarely as it's a terrible ability for solo. You yourself suggested salvation + retribution are solid abilities.
How often does multistrike get spammed in groups? Roughly every 6 hits at level 30+

In one 9 mob wave, you "could" get all 9 prof points from a single multistrike. You can't even start to match that in solo.

OMFG... I CAN NOT FUCKING BELIEVE IT... I mean... damn, god damn, fuck jesus christ and satan has returned in the form of xxxxxx... I mean wtf... where is the shotgun to blow my brains out... fuck... give me those god damn pills bitch... I need something to help me from going all crazy in here, ya know... y'all f'king crazy y'all.

Okay... breathe in.... breathe out etc... okay... now that I have exhaled all of that emotional jackoff remarks... I can now reply more responsibly.

5 players vs 9 mob wave... okay, to be reasonable... let us say the group run is organised and that each person will use multistrike/cast in order.

example:
Joe #1
Bob #2
Ben #3
Tim #4
Ray #5

Let us say there have been 5 instances of 9 mob wave and each group member got to use Multistrike/cast ONCE. (think about this, I mean really think about this)

Would you like me to add icing to YOUR cake? Would you like me to put a Cherry on top of that also?

Let us say you are Bob, and in that instant when 9 mob spawned and you used Multistrike, all of them were a "successful hit check" and killed them in one hit (there is your icing and cherry right there on the cake) ... so how many prof points did you get?... 0, 1, 2 or 3 maybe, or are you greedy and want more, like 9... if you want 9... in that instant, sure why not, it is not like it proves your point. Damn... I am going to be really generous here... how about everyone in that group get 9 prof points per 9 monster wave per Group Rules. Like that adds prof gain for Bob character right (nope), but it does benefit a solo player... oh fucking too easy.

My solo character is a Paladin... using Revenge (oh get off your high horse Bigheaded, why the fuck would I reduce my chance of picking up a faster multi charge up ability vs off skill?) ... hey... I gave you the cake, icing and all the cherry, now live with it and watch your downfall come to fruition.

To make this even... there were 5 group members = 5 actions = each getting 9 prof points (ALL successful hit checks right?)... so, since I am a solo player... you can NOT multiply the prof points gained in the explanation above, you can only use the ACTION total... 5

Now, you got the works... it is time to give myself the topping:

5 instances while solo'ing my character has full Revenge charge vs 3 mob wave in the first 2 columns and successfully hit check all of them and 1 hit kill receiving 3 prof points per wave = 15 prof points (5 actions)

Now... here are the results:

Bob (you) in full group (organised) 5 (actions) x 9 monster wave = 9 prof point
Me solo, 5 actions x 3 monster wave = 15 prof point.

WTF... did that JUST HAPPEN... wtf... really... wtf... OMFG it is a miracle... ALL THE ICING AND CHERRIES ON TOP MEAN JACK FUCKING SHIT

Dec 10 2020 01:56pm
Quote (izParagonzi @ Dec 10 2020 07:55pm)
OMFG... I CAN NOT FUCKING BELIEVE IT... I mean... damn, god damn, fuck jesus christ and satan has returned in the form of xxxxxx... I mean wtf... where is the shotgun to blow my brains out... fuck... give me those god damn pills bitch... I need something to help me from going all crazy in here, ya know... y'all f'king crazy y'all.

Okay... breathe in.... breathe out etc... okay... now that I have exhaled all of that emotional jackoff remarks... I can now reply more responsibly.

5 players vs 9 mob wave... okay, to be reasonable... let us say the group run is organised and that each person will use multistrike/cast in order.

example:
Joe #1
Bob #2
Ben #3
Tim #4
Ray #5

Let us say there have been 5 instances of 9 mob wave and each group member got to use Multistrike/cast ONCE. (think about this, I mean really think about this)

Would you like me to add icing to YOUR cake? Would you like me to put a Cherry on top of that also?

Let us say you are Bob, and in that instant when 9 mob spawned and you used Multistrike, all of them were a "successful hit check" and killed them in one hit (there is your icing and cherry right there on the cake) ... so how many prof points did you get?... 0, 1, 2 or 3 maybe, or are you greedy and want more, like 9... if you want 9... in that instant, sure why not, it is not like it proves your point. Damn... I am going to be really generous here... how about everyone in that group get 9 prof points per 9 monster wave per Group Rules. Like that adds prof gain for Bob character right (nope), but it does benefit a solo player... oh fucking too easy.

My solo character is a Paladin... using Revenge (oh get off your high horse Bigheaded, why the fuck would I reduce my chance of picking up a faster multi charge up ability vs off skill?) ... hey... I gave you the cake, icing and all the cherry, now live with it and watch your downfall come to fruition.

To make this even... there were 5 group members = 5 actions = each getting 9 prof points (ALL successful hit checks right?)... so, since I am a solo player... you can NOT multiply the prof points gained in the explanation above, you can only use the ACTION total... 5

Now, you got the works... it is time to give myself the topping:

5 instances while solo'ing my character has full Revenge charge vs 3 mob wave in the first 2 columns and successfully hit check all of them and 1 hit kill receiving 3 prof points per wave = 15 prof points (5 actions)

Now... here are the results:

Bob (you) in full group (organised) 5 (actions) x 9 monster wave = 9 prof point
Me solo, 5 actions x 3 monster wave = 15 prof point.

WTF... did that JUST HAPPEN... wtf... really... wtf... OMFG it is a miracle... ALL THE ICING AND CHERRIES ON TOP MEAN JACK FUCKING SHIT

you really don't have a clue what you're on about
Dec 10 2020 02:01pm
Quote (Bigheaded @ Dec 11 2020 08:56am)

Actually you are crying right now aren't you... you just got handed the truth and don't know jack shit about a Prof hunter, clueless is your response to the truth.

More clicks = more prof gain... no joke

fuck you did not even read the response: here is the proof:

Quote (izParagonzi @ Dec 11 2020 08:55am)
?

Quote (Bigheaded @ Dec 11 2020 08:56am)

This post was edited by izParagonzi on Dec 10 2020 02:04pm
Dec 10 2020 02:05pm
Quote (izParagonzi @ Dec 10 2020 08:01pm)
Actually you are crying right now aren't you... you just got handed the truth and don't know jack shit about a Prof hunter, clueless is your response to the truth.

More clicks = more prof gain... no joke

not crying at all. I just cba to argue with someone who would much rather believe their own beliefs than to accept truth.

I told you the math in the other topic and you ignored it multiple times.

Again here your math is flawed, what reason do i have to talk with you when you refuse to believe someone else?

Lets suggest the guy in the group went for multistrike AND revenge and each of his revenges hit 6 mobs instead of 3
Also guess what, seeing he was against larger groups his revenge charges faster.
This isn't an arguement either, it's simple logic.
Group climbs provide more prof than solo.
Dec 10 2020 02:12pm
Quote (Bigheaded @ Dec 11 2020 09:05am)
not crying at all. I just cba to argue with someone who would much rather believe their own beliefs than to accept truth.

I told you the math in the other topic and you ignored it multiple times.

Again here your math is flawed, what reason do i have to talk with you when you refuse to believe someone else?

Lets suggest the guy in the group went for multistrike AND revenge and each of his revenges hit 6 mobs instead of 3
Also guess what, seeing he was against larger groups his revenge charges faster.
This isn't an arguement either, it's simple logic.

sorry... stop posting while looking in the mirror.
Gold: 76,577.80
Dec 10 2020 02:17pm
Quote (Bigheaded @ Dec 10 2020 03:05pm)

I believe this is false; at least for 50% of the player base.
Go Back To LS Character Builds Topic List
1235Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll