d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > World Football - Soccer > Uefa Champions League Chat
Prev123457Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,000.00
Dec 9 2020 11:05am
Quote (zarkadon @ 9 Dec 2020 12:41)
This is so stupid. The 4th ref was telling the ref "it was the black one, go see who he was" because he couldn't see the players number, and was trying to physically describe who was the player that needed to be carded.

Let's hope Modric isn't offended if soemeone says "it was the blonde one".

There's no language barrier bs, because the assistant manager that started to make a fuss, is a former Osasuna and Mallorca player with tons of years of experience in La Liga, and knows the meaning of "negro" is "black" and not "nigger" or anything racist.

Neither Istanul nor PSG wanted to play this game, it's that simple.

Agree. There was no racist remark. It's as saying "that tall guy" or "the short haired", "the bald". Not by a mile anything racist.

There is an abundance of racist terms in the romanian slang, but "negru" is not one of those.

If it was racist, it would be "get that crow out". Afterall, we haven't seen a white crow in a while, have we ?

Banned
Gold: 4,043.00
Warn: 10%
Dec 9 2020 01:50pm
5:1 :lol:

Could've just gone straight home and take default 0:3 defeat on the chin :lol:
Gold: 2,570.91
Dec 9 2020 04:02pm
Quote (excellence @ 9 Dec 2020 15:26)
evidently it wasnt a player it was an assistant coach.

the last sentence is interesting - neither wanted to play from the get-go but why? Istanbul makes sense but if the other match resulted in a draw P$G had to at least match that result

He was referring to a player, who commited a foul:

The assistant coach overheard and flipped his shit.

Quote (fender @ 9 Dec 2020 16:37)
you know that's not quite the same. there hasn't been a centuries long history of systemic discrimination of blonde people that would make describing them by that attribute 'problematic'. i think you're very much capable of making your valid argument against fake outrage and oversensitivity without using false equivalence.

i fully agree that we should take cultural and language norms into context while evaluating such incidents, but to me it doesn't seem quite as clear cut as you're trying to suggest. there was more than one basaksehir player / official involved in this, one of the most prominent ones was demba ba btw - so pretending it was just one person, who knowingly and deliberately misrepresented what was said, doesn't really seem to be a fair description of the situation.

also, why do you think psg didn't want to play the game? what would they gain from that?

The other players that jumped, lie Ba, Neymar, etc... joined the conversation later. And none of the involved were reasonable enough to calm down and let the ref explain himself.

PSG was better off playing after knowing Utd's result, obviously.

Quote (Mr_Mill @ 9 Dec 2020 14:34)
I agree that it most likely had no racist intention but still it's not smart of him to do it imo. You know millions are watching and that people will jump on anything at the moment.

Yeah, but how would he was he supposed to physically describe him? His job is to provide useful information quickly, not please oversensitive people who thinks any mention of color is racist.
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 20%
Dec 9 2020 04:53pm
Quote (zarkadon @ 9 Dec 2020 23:02)

https://e00-marca.uecdn.es/assets/multimedia/imagenes/2020/12/08/16074672788032.jpg

The other players that jumped, lie Ba, Neymar, etc... joined the conversation later. And none of the involved were reasonable enough to calm down and let the ref explain himself.

Yeah, but how would he was he supposed to physically describe him? His job is to provide useful information quickly, not please oversensitive people who thinks any mention of color is racist.

ya sorry, but that seems a little far-fetched to me. i really can't be accused of having any love for that shitty oil club, but accusing them of deliberately provoking a match cancellation for the marginal advantage of knowing united's result, just feigning outrage and sympathy over an alleged racist incident, sounds like you're simply trying to justify your initial take.

again, i would have been with you on the notion that this incident shouldn't be overblown IF the intention and context show no real malice or bigotry, but you lost me on the low-effort false equivalence, and trying to force that simplistic anti-PC angle onto a situation that clearly requires a bit more nuance. what you and i, with the benefit of hindsight, emotional distance to the situation itself, and without a minority background in predominantly white christian society, consider harmless and negligible, might not be everyone's perception - maybe try to consider that before reducing the situation to a deliberate escalation of a perfectly appropriate comment in order to gain some unfair advantage...
Dec 9 2020 04:57pm
deserved loss for gladbach in madrid tonight, but they still made it out of their group ahead of shakhtar and inter. you love to see it - especially after being fucked over by the ref in their game against inter.
Gold: 5,100.00
Dec 9 2020 05:12pm
Quote (zarkadon @ 9 Dec 2020 11:41)
This is so stupid. The 4th ref was telling the ref "it was the black one, go see who he was" because he couldn't see the players number, and was trying to physically describe who was the player that needed to be carded.

Let's hope Modric isn't offended if soemeone says "it was the blonde one".

There's no language barrier bs, because the assistant manager that started to make a fuss, is a former Osasuna and Mallorca player with tons of years of experience in La Liga, and knows the meaning of "negro" is "black" and not "nigger" or anything racist.

Neither Istanul nor PSG wanted to play this game, it's that simple.

Agree on most of it. To me it sounds like „blown out of proportion“.
Then again most of us who claim so speak from the comfort of being white sausages, i.e. that is spoken within the safe confines of privilege
Gold: 57.00
Dec 9 2020 05:38pm
Quote (Andi @ 9 Dec 2020 18:12)
Agree on most of it. To me it sounds like „blown out of proportion“.
Then again most of us who claim so speak from the comfort of being white sausages, i.e. that is spoken within the safe confines of privilege

yeah well for the rest of the world their natives languages are under assault because some words “sound bad” in ‘western european’ based languages

Quote (zarkadon @ 9 Dec 2020 17:02)

https://e00-marca.uecdn.es/assets/multimedia/imagenes/2020/12/08/16074672788032.jpg

there is so much confusion about what knocked this off:

https://theathletic.com/news/psg-delayed-racism-latest-updates/HnqaPjFgDrfU

the other side of this: istanbul’s coaches have been accused of calling the romanian ref squads a slur (we can call guess which one that is, something about esmerelda)

https://mobile.twitter.com/emishor/status/1336648903601627138?s=21
https://www.reddit.com/r/sports/comments/k9pvnu/micah_richards_refuses_to_accuse_fourth_official/

ref accused is quitting too https://nypost.com/2020/12/09/sebastian-coltescu-quitting-after-champions-league-racism-accusation/

This post was edited by excellence on Dec 9 2020 05:39pm
Gold: 1,000.00
Dec 9 2020 06:39pm
Quote (fender @ 10 Dec 2020 00:57)
deserved loss for gladbach in madrid tonight, but they still made it out of their group ahead of shakhtar and inter. you love to see it - especially after being fucked over by the ref in their game against inter.

They are pretty bad though, the sole reason they went through is not their skill, but inter underperforming.

Miles and years behind bayern and even bvb for that matter.

Quote (excellence @ 10 Dec 2020 01:38)

ref accused is quitting too

It's a wonder he's at a champions league game in the first place. Pretty contested back home. When he's on pitch usually ends up giving 5-6 yellows/a red each game.

Apart from that, there was a story about him few years back that he was about to commit suicide.

But in this case,there was nothing to blame him for.

This post was edited by B4al on Dec 9 2020 06:43pm
Gold: 1,810.00
Dec 10 2020 11:01am
This to me is Europeans being outraged for the black community.

I’ve seen a lot of black players/former players come out and say it wasn’t racist, let them tell us what IS and ISNT racist.
Dec 10 2020 12:51pm
Quote (Edgard @ 10 Dec 2020 18:01)
This to me is Europeans being outraged for the black community.

I’ve seen a lot of black players/former players come out and say it wasn’t racist, let them tell us what IS and ISNT racist.

what you're actually saying there is listen to the ones who say it wasn't racist, and ignore those that were directly involved and perceived it as such.
Go Back To World Football - Soccer Topic List
Prev123457Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll