d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Homework Help > Any Stat Wizards Here? (500 Gold For Help)
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 4,663.00
Dec 3 2020 06:22pm
I'm being tasked with finding some things on this super confusing article and I am just having a terrible time at digesting it because this is not my area of expertise. I was hoping some of you stats wizards could provide me with some much needed assistance.

The article is titled: "A piano training program to improve manual dexterity and upper extremity function in chronic stroke survivors" and can be found --> https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4141215/

Honestly, if anyone is able to assist me with even just one or two of these questions I'd be very appreciative. This is a final grade for me and I don't know if I'll be able to pass this course if I don't do too well.

1. Did they use parametric or non-parametric stats?

Parametric stats? Maybe both? I have no clue.

· In either case, did they check for normality of distributions?

??????

· If so, what test was used

??????

· Did they check for homogeneity of variances (in case of ANOVAs)?

??????

· If so, what test was used

??????

2. What were the main results?

?????

3. Did they perform post-hoc testing?

Yes, a Post-hoc test was performed I think....

· What kind?

o Modified Bonferroni Correction????

· Did they adjust for p values? Yes/no……

????

· If yes, what did they do…

??????

· How did you verify this? .. in text, say page number, section number of in figures/tables?

???????

· Were the figures and tabled helpful?... did they give any new information or do they repeat things in text?.....

What?

· Did they perform any correlations? Were they appropriate? Parametric (vs non parametric).

This post was edited by chicano on Dec 3 2020 06:23pm
Gold: 4,663.00
Dec 3 2020 07:26pm
I'll give all my gold to anyone that can help.
Go Back To Homework Help Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll