d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Graphic Design > Ripper Accusations
1235Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
Retired Moderator
Gold: 1,925.00
Trader: Trusted
Nov 9 2020 12:18pm
Please read everything before posting!

This topic is intended for reporting users who are stealing graphics/GFX artwork.
  • Resources offered over the internet, and thus, made public for everyone to use, have no labelled ownership.
  • Thus, an accusation based over these pretenses, ie., a signature created from the basis of a public render or stock will receive no action in this thread.
  • However, a direct and identical copy would be considered a rip, provided it does not fall under the description below:
If you sell a piece of artwork to someone, you cannot claim exclusivity over that piece of material. That said, the user is free to resell the material, if he or she desires. They cannot, of course, claim author of said content, but they can resell or modify it further.

Any user caught deliberately ripping material from another user for the purpose of profit will be dealt with accordingly.
It is up to the sole discretion of the site to determine the course of action required.

To make your accusation valid you are required to post the following:
  • A link to the profile of the accused
  • A link to the profile of the creator
  • A link to the original artwork
  • Screenshot of the .psd open (see example below)
  • Any other information that may help solidify your accusation, such as Private Messages or other interactions
If you need help taking a screenshot, please follow the guides found here: Guides: Screenshots, Profile Links etc.

If you are unable to post here or have any general questions about an accusation, please PM: Kafir

Approved HelpersIt is imperative that you understand and accept the verdict of your accusation, if any results. The d2jsp staff will take action as they see fit on a case by case basis.
Please keep any type of spam out of this thread. Thank you for your cooperation!

Example of Proper Accusation

Accused --> mhs98
Creator --> martians
Reported by --> martians
Signature -->
Original Signature --> (i.e. insert link from photo gallery)
Screenshot of the .psd (XCF) --> https://i.imgur.com/mXVYEb1.jpg

Example of Proper .psd Screenshot

(Example by Arcaeus)

Previous Ripper Accusation Topics

This post was edited by Kafir on Mar 2 2021 06:28pm
Gold: 10,687.34
Warn: 90%
Jan 12 2021 05:19am
Hello. I unfortunately have to make a report about another user directly ripping off an identical copy of my avatar in which I personalized, cut, and uploaded myself. It was 1 of a kind until he stole it.

Here is a link to the user. https://forums.d2jsp.org/user.php?i=747518
Screenshot of the users account with the stolen avatar along with a timestamp can be delivered in a private pm upon request.
Here is the link to the creator of the customized avatar. https://forums.d2jsp.org/user.php?i=737916
Here is a link to the original upload https://i.imgur.com/thd6uFw.jpg
Here is a screenshot in place of.psd(XCF) https://imgur.com/Oz1z9XK
This incident and report was discovered, put together and finalized by myself

Unfortunately I have not put a FG price on this personal work as it was not intended to be sold and or used by others. Although the art may be seen as simple I don't think anyone could put a personal asking trading and or renting value to it besides me. Since this user has 162,464 post (42.9 per day) and opening willing to steal my work I feel rather comfortable asking for a significant amount of forum gold to straighten things out. If that is not a reasonable way for me to approach this then please see this case through and with the proper punishment that you, the d2jsp staff, think is required to handle this graphics ripper and possible for the long term.

Ty for allowing the room to make this report here.

If you have any additional questions or need to touch base with me you can pm me in private and or tag me to this topic. Ty.

After further investigations I believe the accused is actively diminishing some values of my personal avatar and related work by mixing trades, spam, and other direct and negative communications with other users on d2jsp.org. As stated before this user has on average of (42.9) posts per a day. Since the time began ripping my personal work he has exercised nearly 50 "trading posts and or bumps" along with other posts around different parts of d2jsp.org.

This post was edited by Sempervirens on Jan 12 2021 07:01am
Gold: 34,495.27
Jan 12 2021 12:19pm
:lol:
Jan 12 2021 12:39pm
updated for your pleasure
Jan 12 2021 12:48pm
1 you are posting in wrong section
2 i made no profit off this
3 updated and not original image anymore
4 sig/ava not for sale
Jan 12 2021 01:15pm
5 ive used other users avatars without their permission before
6 standard procedure is tell the user to find a different avatar or have their avatar privilege's revoked for a short period
7 i also know its not against the rules if the image is altered and not for sale
8 been there, done that

This post was edited by PICKER on Jan 12 2021 01:44pm
Jan 12 2021 01:17pm
9 this user never asked me directory not to use or alter his original
10 neither of us are artists selling sig/ava services to users in this section

Jan 12 2021 01:18pm
11 his original ava is direct crop from his profile backround. very minimal indeed. one could even say not considered original art at all.
12 i made it better
Jan 12 2021 01:20pm
13 orginal avatar was never purchased with fg or post dated in the users public photo gallery as such, therefore, making it not worth any fg value at all
14 false accusations will be dealt with
15 stop wasting these people's time

This post was edited by PICKER on Jan 12 2021 01:33pm
Jan 12 2021 01:59pm
you trying every angle to get me into trouble is pretty serious and should be handled accordingly

Go Back To Graphic Design Topic List
1235Next
Closed New Topic New Poll