d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Mods & Private Realms > ~first ~
12316Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 69.69
Warn: 40%
Nov 5 2020 12:43pm
This is going to be the first Modded Diablo 2 Walkthrough posted with an approval of D2JSP Moderators, and I hope we can keep up the good vibes and stay friendly both in this topic, and in this new made sub.
This Walkthrough is NOT legit. If you want to follow one of the legit ones, go here https://forums.d2jsp.org/forum.php?f=161
This Walkthrough uses a 3rd party program, that changes Diablo 2 and makes it almost a whole new game.

I can only imagine how tricky and difficult it will be to moderate and keep an eye on this sub as there will be grey zones in rules and/or people who as per usual, don't really care about mentioned rules.
So I would kindly ask you to follow the rules for this topic to keep it opened :blush:

Rules:
DO NOT ask for a mod name, do not pm me for a mod name, do not mention mod name if you know it. Perhaps it is allowed to mention it, but for now, just to be on a safe side, please don't.
DO NOT post any outside links which might be related to this mod, or any other mods.
DO NOT flame me or eachother, as I guess there will always be people that support mods, and people that hate mods. As mentioned above, there's a Legit PvM sub if you dislike this.

Thanks guys

Few things about this mod:

- it has completely different skill sets on every character ingame. It's a common thing to see a summoner Barbarian, melee Necro, or Druid transoformed into a giant Quill Rat.
- it has bigger inventory and stash than vanilla Diablo 2.
- it has way more content than vanilla Diablo 2. New maps are added, new bosses are added, new ubers are added.
- it has new item stats, new uniques and new runewords.
- it has new recipes for crafting and anything can be crafted, including jewels.
- new ubers and bosses drop Unique Charms (like Annihilus / Torch in vanilla) which stats varies so reruning is worth doing.
- level cap is increased to 130
- it has new mercanary options. in vanilla Diablo 2 we could choose between Offensive, Defensive and Combat act 2 mercenaries. In this mod every act (1-2-3-5) has different mercenary options. For example, one of the options is Act 2 Mercenary that transforms into Werebear and provides crowd control every X attacks knocking back enemies.
- it has higher resolution options, up to 1600x1200. I will be played in windowed 1280x960
- pressing the R key on keyboard reveals the whole map of the act you are in
- base FRW is increased, so walking is same speed as vanilla Diablo 2 running. Running is much faster, but it makes your block 0%

I'm almost completely clueless about the the mod itself as I only tried it online with few guys for a month or two and I only tried 3 characters.
If there is someone more experienced, or has any insights during my play, be free to drop some tips. I would appreciate it.

Gameplay Rules:
-legit singleplayer gameplay
-softcore as I am too unexperienced with this mod to even attempt hardcore. I want to have fun and I know that on my online play, I died over 200 times on my amazon.
-players 1, as adding more players option is disabled as far as I know, but even on Players1, this mod can be really challenging.
-I will try to post as many details as I can think of, as I guess perhaps someone cares enough to read it :D

I will try progressing and mostly playing as a Psionic Storm Assassin.
There are items that allow you to respec, so I might use them if I start struggling with planned build.

This is what Psionic Storm is, and what it looks like :)

Damage type is Magical Feedback. Affected by -% To Enemy Magic Resistance
Damage scales with Energy and skill points.
Unsustainable even while chugging mana pots.
Heals with every cast IF mana is above 10%

This post was edited by SylvesterStallone on Nov 5 2020 12:45pm
Nov 5 2020 01:07pm
New characters already have cube in inventory, and x1 Signet of Gold.

Right clicking Signet of Gold allows us to buy some starting gear at Charsi for a fair price of 1 gold

Nov 5 2020 01:13pm
Runes have changed bonuses as seen bellow.

There's a downloadable program on mod site (program made by game devs as well, it's allowed and highly advisable) that allows player to see certain items being dropped in the chat corner. In this case Jewel dropped, and I got message in top right corner.
Same message will be up when Unique item or Set item drops. Downloadable program also has all the data of the character being played. fcr, ias, frw, absorb, resi, cb, ds, ua (uninterruptable attack), pierce etc etc etc. Comes in handy.

I finished Den of Evil quest, and this belt was the best drop found.

Nov 5 2020 01:17pm
Blood Raven actions shot + drops.

Quest rewarded us with a new Hireling.
Kashya sells Priestess and Ranger rogue mercenaries. More details on their skills below.

Nov 5 2020 01:19pm
Took Liene the Priestess and equipped her with Morion I found at Blood Raven.
Tomorrow, we will continue and try to reach Andariel

Gold: 63.45
Warn: 30%
Nov 5 2020 01:56pm
What a great news this subforum :thumbsup:

P8 is disabled but single player offer better drop chances for Su and SSU's :)

I know some things about this mod but I'm totally clueless about assassins into this mod, I think you can find some guides on their forum tho
Nov 5 2020 02:47pm
Quote (Melatonina @ Nov 5 2020 07:56pm)
What a great news this subforum :thumbsup:

P8 is disabled but single player offer better drop chances for Su and SSU's :)

I know some things about this mod but I'm totally clueless about assassins into this mod, I think you can find some guides on their forum tho

Oh, I had no idea of SU and SSU increased drop chances. Hopefully I'll be able to farm Dunc and fauzt to get some juice :D

Yeah I have only tried maelstorm assassin and few minutes of naginata on friends acc. Both are like 10 times more fun than vanilla assassin imo
Gold: 63.45
Warn: 30%
Nov 5 2020 03:05pm
Quote (SylvesterStallone @ Nov 5 2020 09:47pm)
Oh, I had no idea of SU and SSU increased drop chances. Hopefully I'll be able to farm Dunc and fauzt to get some juice :D

Yeah I have only tried maelstorm assassin and few minutes of naginata on friends acc. Both are like 10 times more fun than vanilla assassin imo

Yeah I think it's to compensate the loss of P8 drops from online farming.

Melee sorc and nec are really strong too, thoses were my fav to play with :) not 15 skills to use every 30 sec like paladin lol

though some items are crazy rare, it feels almost impossible to complete a single one perfect item, let alone a complete char lmao

I think the first good spot is Kurast 3k for set items

for thoses wondering, su stands for "sacred uniques", ssu for "super sacred uniques" and sssu's for "super fucking sayen rare uniques" i guess

The SU variants are typically found beginning at Area Levels of 104 and beyond, SSU variants begin dropping in Area Level 119 areas, and SSSUs start dropping in Area Level 130 areas
Gold: 225,299.00
Nov 5 2020 04:32pm
Oh, BABY! This will be quite juicy :drool:

Congrats on helping to get this forum opened and for the first WT here :hug:
Gold: 0.00
Nov 5 2020 09:22pm
I'm a follow this and read it all I been playing this this ladder and really enjoying it tried summon necro hit 105/bowa hit 120/ war cry barb 134 (idk how old of a version you are playing but think new cap is 150) and finally made a psionic sin.
E/
Also off this weekend may make a walkthrough my self

This post was edited by live_free_die_hard09 on Nov 5 2020 09:25pm
Go Back To Mods & Private Realms Topic List
12316Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll