d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Pets > Rabbits
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Nov 5 2020 12:57am
Hi! Raising a rabbit and i was wondering if someone else is having a rabbit pet? What is your experience and what is their personality like?
Gold: 0.00
Nov 6 2020 06:47pm
Quote (CaptainSima @ Nov 5 2020 01:57am)
Hi! Raising a rabbit and i was wondering if someone else is having a rabbit pet? What is your experience and what is their personality like?

like with most pets, there is a lot of variability in terms of personality.
my bunny is very friendly, loves pets and to snuggle on the sofa, and is generally a good boy.
like most bunnies, he does not like to be picked up or held. bunnies are prey animals, and being picked up or held elicits a fight or flight response in many buns.
mine was adopted from the humane society, and he came litter trained; however, as i understand, it is not hard to litter train a rabbit. their waste barely smells, so you can have an open litter box- provided you use decent litter- and it will barely smell if at all.
do some research into proper diet. a rabbit's diet should be primarily good quality hay... i think timothy or orchard grass hay is what's typically recommended. and they should not be fed a lot of high-sugar fruit and veggies, cabbage and other watery veg, etc. feed them right or they will not thrive.

This post was edited by chemoshots on Nov 6 2020 06:47pm
Go Back To Pets Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll