d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Anime > Anime Figure Collection
Prev1234530Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2.70
Nov 5 2020 02:58pm
Quote (Kokua @ Nov 5 2020 02:58pm)
It's a generic figure made in China that isn't from the original creator.
There are legit figures made in China of course, but this isn't one of them.
Legit figures will always come in their original box, unless preowned and specifically stated that there is no box (expect massive discount if that's the case).
Legit figures also often have some indication that they are legit, such as the company stamp under their base.
Fake figures often have lower quality compared to their legit counterparts, often have the option to ship with or without box, and even if shipped with box, the figure may not even be inside the box.
Sometimes fake figures are simply bubble wrapped, other times they come inside a more flimsy thin plastic protection.
Legit figures, especially in 1/4 scale, would come in much more sturdier plastic protection inside their original box with the company brand printed on it.

ahhhh i see
Gold: 0.00
Nov 7 2020 03:11pm
I honestly don't even know why I have this shelf :lol:
Nov 13 2020 03:27pm
Needs More Rem... with Ram, and picked up some Emilia too :lol:
Nov 13 2020 04:11pm
Took me a while to unbox and reorganize my Re:Zero shelf to fit everything
Too late to edit the previous post :ph34r:
Had to make a riser for the Rem succubus figure to fit in that back corner, because her base was too wide
Also helps to keep her visible in that back corner :lol:

Now that's a nice full Re:Zero shelf :wub:
Might swap the 2 Emilia figures now that I see the image :ph34r: to make a triangle for the dragon dress figures
Nov 20 2020 01:25am
Most of my figures are preowned, and sometimes come with damage (if I decide to purchase C rank figures)
This figure likely had a manufacturing problem related to the paint on the bell, which caused paint transfer onto the figure
Only assuming this because the exact same problem existed for multiple other listings of the same figure
1/4 Houki Shinonono Kitsune Miko
But rather than buying this for $350-400+ from people reselling it, I got it for under $200 after shipping (with $90 shipping fee)
For a small paint defect that isn't noticeable at a distance unless focused on, I don't mind saving $150-200+
Of course the damage was listed prior to ordering it, I was hoping the problem was going to be an easy fix (usually is)
I cleaned it up quite a bit (the paint transfer area was originally about 3x larger), but the portion directly under the bell is harder to access and likely deep stained on the figure
A solution would be to repaint the skin, but I don't trust myself with color matching and potentially making things worse
Gold: 1,718.69
Nov 20 2020 01:42am
Quote (Kokua @ Nov 20 2020 02:25am)
Most of my figures are preowned, and sometimes come with damage (if I decide to purchase C rank figures)
This figure likely had a manufacturing problem related to the paint on the bell, which caused paint transfer onto the figure
Only assuming this because the exact same problem existed for multiple other listings of the same figure
1/4 Houki Shinonono Kitsune Miko
But rather than buying this for $350-400+ from people reselling it, I got it for under $200 after shipping (with $90 shipping fee)
For a small paint defect that isn't noticeable at a distance unless focused on, I don't mind saving $150-200+
Of course the damage was listed prior to ordering it, I was hoping the problem was going to be an easy fix (usually is)
I cleaned it up quite a bit (the paint transfer area was originally about 3x larger), but the portion directly under the bell is harder to access and likely deep stained on the figure
A solution would be to repaint the skin, but I don't trust myself with color matching and potentially making things worse
https://i.imgur.com/NcJbT7T.png

time to make friends with an artist :p or an avid DnD player that paints figurines.
Nov 20 2020 02:27am
Quote (Aho @ Nov 20 2020 01:42am)
time to make friends with an artist :p or an avid DnD player that paints figurines.

Hard to meet new people in the middle of covid, not to mention people who like anime in the middle of redneck country :lol:
Nov 23 2020 04:16pm
This was one of my first figures over $100, and is was 100% worth the purchase :wub:

Haven't had any recent orders after the Re:Zero figures, but there are 2 other Rem and Ram figures that go with the Emilia as a set
Rem dressed up as a wizard, and Ram dressed up as a succubus, which pairs with the Emilia wearing the princess dress
I need more space on my Re:Zero shelf, or another shelf, because I NEED those 2 figures :lol:

Honestly considering tossing a bunch of my bootlegs in a box :ph34r:
There are some that I don't mind, like the 1/7 Azur Lane figures and the 1/6 To Love-Ru figures by my bed

I need more space T_T
On that note, I ordered 10 more Dakis with nowhere to put them :wub:
Gold: 78.00
Nov 24 2020 02:38am
I feel like if you can afford all this swag
you can also afford a glass ikea case cuz they only run like 100-150 bucks
and also contribute space efficiency / reduce effort on dusting
unless you're also just crop dusting them with hot glue

i've been buying a lot more doujin music lately, not so much figures
https://www.goodsmileus.com/product/pop-up-parade-yuna-2356
https://www.goodsmileus.com/product/nendoroid-yuna-2578
but i got these 2 on preorder
Nov 24 2020 02:58am
Quote (Tianjin @ Nov 24 2020 02:38am)
I feel like if you can afford all this swag
you can also afford a glass ikea case cuz they only run like 100-150 bucks
and also contribute space efficiency / reduce effort on dusting
unless you're also just crop dusting them with hot glue

i've been buying a lot more doujin music lately, not so much figures
https://www.goodsmileus.com/product/pop-up-parade-yuna-2356
https://www.goodsmileus.com/product/nendoroid-yuna-2578
but i got these 2 on preorder

Last few times I checked, the glass detolfs were always sold out
People always buy then and resell them for stupid prices, like $100-300
But they seem to be in stock again, the regular $59.99 price
I would love to pick up like 10 of them, but I simply don't have the space for them right now, unless I were to take over another room just for my figures
But I would rather have all of them in my room so I can enjoy being surrounded by them all the time :lol:

Currently have the 2 popup parade konosuba figures and the 2 1/4 scale bare leg bunnies on preorder, total after shipping probably more than the cost of 10 detolfs, depending on what ikea shipping is like
Currently, they do not offer home delivery to my location, and I would have to drive just over 4 hours to one of their locations to pick it up myself, then drive back :cry:

After looking into their shipping fee, it sounds pretty heavy, so I would probably end up driving and picking them up, which would save a lot
But honestly I would need a bigger room before I could even consider it, my room is just too small for my bed set, desk, and all these shelves
The fact that I have 3 doors and the size of my furniture really restricts how I'm able to position things
Honestly would need to do some home renovation or move to get the kind of space I need :cry:

This post was edited by Kokua on Nov 24 2020 03:25am
Go Back To Anime Topic List
Prev1234530Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll