d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > Favourite All-time Physique?
Prev123456Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 12,797.00
Nov 2 2020 07:01am
lazar angelov at his prime
on juice ofc but still a great genetic

and of course Arnold >

This post was edited by Sidgy on Nov 2 2020 07:02am
Gold: 1,049.00
Nov 2 2020 07:06am
Quote (Sidgy @ Nov 2 2020 08:01am)
lazar angelov at his prime
on juice ofc but still a great genetic

and of course Arnold >

Ahhhh yes Lazar Angelov was great
Gold: 12,797.00
Nov 2 2020 07:17am
Quote (Foxist @ Nov 2 2020 02:06pm)
Ahhhh yes Lazar Angelov was great

yes his physique was just awesome
lacks a bit of volume on pecs but still an amazing shape

This post was edited by Sidgy on Nov 2 2020 07:19am
Gold: 4,435.00
Nov 2 2020 10:22am
surprised no one has mentioned this guy:

:santa:
Gold: 15.80
Nov 2 2020 10:27am
Quote (jadeoner @ Nov 2 2020 08:22am)
surprised no one has mentioned this guy:

https://d2mods.info/forum/subsite/d2scrabble/images/files/Barb.jpg

:santa:

Is he natty though?
Gold: 4,435.00
Nov 2 2020 11:01am
Quote (ChiefQueef @ Nov 2 2020 10:27am)
Is he natty though?

na, tren for sure
Retired Moderator
Gold: 505.00
Trader: Trusted
Nov 2 2020 04:33pm
Just commenting on some physiques mentioned above because I have something to say about them. Flex is one of the greatest of all-time in my view; he's always credited for having some of the best bodybuilding genetics of all-time but to be fair to him, he put in a lot of work and he kept up a phenomenal physique for a very long time. Lazar has crazy symmetry and I think his aesthetics are undeniably top-notch.

Quote (Foxist @ 1 Nov 2020 22:12)
Btw, I`d say Jeff Seid has the most impressive physique.

I think he's got a great physique, and he has done pretty well in the IFBB from an early age. Something about how his pecs tie into his shoulders doesn't work for me but that's more of a personal preference in aesthetics than anything. He's definitely one of the greatest of all-time in my opinion.

Quote (Bittaker @ 2 Nov 2020 05:22)
Not sure, but Dorian is up there with guys like Tom Platz.

Don't think anybody will come close to Tom's amazing legs at his prime. That guy's a legend!

Dorian was a freak beast. I think he was what really got things going in terms of big bodies. Ronnie and Jay Cutler came later and they obviously took that trend to an even greater extreme, but Dorian was in my view the original freak beast.

Tom Platz is the godfather of legs. I really don't care who follows him in that direction, because he was the first true master of legs and he's my GOAT in that department. He's the Quadfather and nobody will ever take that away from him.
Gold: 0.00
Nov 3 2020 12:01am

Dorian was a freak beast. I think he was what really got things going in terms of big bodies. Ronnie and Jay Cutler came later and they obviously took that trend to an even greater extreme, but Dorian was in my view the original freak beast.

Tom Platz is the godfather of legs. I really don't care who follows him in that direction, because he was the first true master of legs and he's my GOAT in that department. He's the Quadfather and nobody will ever take that away from him.

Preach brother!
Gold: 0.00
Nov 3 2020 01:44am
Quote (RewtheBrave @ Nov 3 2020 09:33am)
Just commenting on some physiques mentioned above because I have something to say about them. Flex is one of the greatest of all-time in my view; he's always credited for having some of the best bodybuilding genetics of all-time but to be fair to him, he put in a lot of work and he kept up a phenomenal physique for a very long time. Lazar has crazy symmetry and I think his aesthetics are undeniably top-notch.

I think he's got a great physique, and he has done pretty well in the IFBB from an early age. Something about how his pecs tie into his shoulders doesn't work for me but that's more of a personal preference in aesthetics than anything. He's definitely one of the greatest of all-time in my opinion.

I believe him to be one of the best posers of all time too which helped show off his amazing physique.
Retired Moderator
Gold: 505.00
Nov 5 2020 12:24pm
Quote (bjones9 @ 3 Nov 2020 02:44)
I believe him to be one of the best posers of all time too which helped show off his amazing physique.

Absolutely. Posing is still massively underrated and it's almost shocking that more IFBB contestants (on the male side of competitions) haven't taken a more generally advanced and varied approach to it. The requirements are pretty simple and there's plenty of room to improvise. Part of why I preferred Kai over Phil Heath was that Kai was a superior poser. One reason why I think Frank Zane was able to compete with bigger bodybuilders in his time was that he knew how to show off his superior aesthetic. If you don't know how to show the world your physique, it's much harder to gain recognition for it. I'm quite sure that a lot of IFBB competitors could jump up a few places in competitions just by becoming superior posers.

I actually think that posing before competitions would help some competitors get rid of water and get an extra edge on their pump. I doubt there's a way to prove that it would help but I know that when I workout, I like to flex and pose a bit (arms and chest mostly), and I feel it helps me shape my muscles and harden up a little bit. That's something lots of people who work on their physiques do anyway. I've traditionally spent more time building a functional body for sports performance than worrying about aesthetics, but I've come to believe that flexing and posing aids neuromuscular facilitation and shaping my physique. I have done an awful lot of exercise science but I don't have any proof to back up those claims.
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev123456Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll