d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > The Talk
Prev1234514Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 285.00
Oct 24 2020 08:38pm
Quote (GLYC123 @ Oct 24 2020 10:36pm)
Sounds like a better position to take than assuming a police officer wants to destroy his own life and career to pounce on the opportunity to just shoot a black kid because it appeals to his racist life goals.

It also seems like taking the police officers words have caused me to be right in more circumstances than not -- which for the record, I almost always wait to hear all the evidence, which has saved me from looking like an idiot, unlike all of the BLM clan. Most of you these people have zero idea what they're talking about in regards to being a cop, criminal law, the actual case they're talking about, etc.

For this specific scenario. There also may have been witnesses in this circumstance. Which isn't always the most credible source -- in example, Michael Brown's friend with the famous "hands up don't shoot" hoax when in reality he tried to murder Officer Darren Wilson.

Michael Brown was not the right hill to die on.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of_Samuel_DuBose

This happened here not long ago. Guy was wearing Confederate Flags when he killed Samuel DuBose.

They moved Ray Tensing around like he was a priest to touched too many kids.
Gold: 0.00
Oct 24 2020 08:42pm
Quote (Skinned @ Oct 24 2020 09:38pm)
Michael Brown was not the right hill to die on.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of_Samuel_DuBose

This happened here not long ago. Guy was wearing Confederate Flags when he killed Samuel DuBose.

They moved Ray Tensing around like he was a priest to touched too many kids.

I know nothing about this case and really don't care to look into it, it certainly may be a legitimate case of police brutality. In fact, I'll just take your word for it that it is.

Regardless, it's stupid to assume police are all racist bastards looking to just shoot black people. The evidence doesn't back that up. You can look up all of the FBI statistics. Which, in regards to using individual cases to run a narrative, I can use anecdotal evidence to back up many false theories. That doesn't make it true.

I also believe to assume every situation is racially motivated solely because it involves a white person and a black person, is also ridiculous. Is it possible for it to be? Sure. But there should be some type of evidence to back that statement up too.

This post was edited by GLYC123 on Oct 24 2020 08:47pm
Gold: 22,202.22
Oct 24 2020 08:54pm
the better question, is why is the talk necessary in the first place? why arent they bringing them up to be good law-abiding citizens in the first place, who would put their hands on the wheel and politely comply with officers as a matter of courtesy rahter than because theyre in fear of their life? if a parent has to have such a talk with their child, theyve already failed as a parent.
Gold: 260.11
Oct 24 2020 09:03pm
Quote (ReturnFormer @ Oct 24 2020 09:54pm)
the better question, is why is the talk necessary in the first place? why arent they bringing them up to be good law-abiding citizens in the first place, who would put their hands on the wheel and politely comply with officers as a matter of courtesy rahter than because theyre in fear of their life? if a parent has to have such a talk with their child, theyve already failed as a parent.

Well that's a load of bullshit if I ever heard it.
Oct 24 2020 09:04pm
Quote (ReturnFormer @ Oct 24 2020 10:54pm)

Because the point of the talk is that they can do everything right and they are still in danger, which is factual.

Its like when Imus called the student athletes from Rutgers "nappy headed hoes". It didn't matter that they were high level students with good upbringing with strong ethics and excellence to prove it, Imus said that and his buddy called them a pack of gorillas on the show. They are Othered and that is dangerous to them.

Quote (Thor123422 @ Oct 24 2020 11:03pm)
Well that's a load of bullshit if I ever heard it.

He's sheltered and just doesn't know. This is probably the first time a lot of white America has even heard of The Talk. It is really great we are getting to a point that race is being spoken about openly, even if some people are kicking and screaming the entire way.

This post was edited by Skinned on Oct 24 2020 09:11pm
Oct 24 2020 09:17pm
Quote (Skinned @ Oct 24 2020 10:04pm)
He's sheltered and just doesn't know. This is probably the first time a lot of white America has even heard of The Talk. It is really great we are getting to a point that race is being spoken about openly, even if some people are kicking and screaming the entire way.

That or he was so ostricized in high school that he never interacted with a normal teenager lol
Oct 24 2020 09:18pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ Oct 24 2020 11:17pm)
That or he was so ostricized in high school that he never interacted with a normal teenager lol

Teenagers obviously know what to do in every situation, all the time, and do not panic when scared because their brains are completely developed and they are basically adults in small bodies.

Just putting this music video here.

This post was edited by Skinned on Oct 24 2020 09:20pm
Gold: 14,569.69
Oct 24 2020 09:26pm
Quote (Skinned @ Oct 24 2020 07:10pm)
A serious lack of empathy around here. It is almost like this is a forum full of privileged white guys.

A serious lack of empathy around here. It is almost like this is a forum full of stupid as fuck white guys

more acurate
Oct 24 2020 09:27pm
Quote (Skinned @ Oct 24 2020 10:18pm)
Teenagers obviously know what to do in every situation, all the time, and do not panic when scared because their brains are completely developed and they are basically adults in small bodies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGNhEtOVxek

Just putting this music video here.

I have a friend from the really really rich part of my city.

His brother got caught at a house party with alcohol, he punched 2 police officers in the face while shitfaced and 16, got driven home and had no charges.

He's a programmer with Boeing now and making way more money than probably any of us.

But sure, he "wasn't taught how to interact with police" so his parents failed lol.
Gold: 14,569.69
Oct 24 2020 09:28pm
Quote (ReturnFormer @ Oct 24 2020 07:54pm)

what the fuck is this??
Like seriously where did you grow up?
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1234514Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll