d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > The Talk
Prev123414Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 260.11
Oct 24 2020 08:12pm
Quote (GLYC123 @ Oct 24 2020 09:02pm)
This story is pretty misleading with Tamir Rice.
Say what you want, but the kid was 12 years old, was chasing people around the park with an airsoft replica gun with the Orange tip removed. Officers were not aware this was a fake gun. And when officers arrived, he drew the gun from his waist band and aimed it at the officer. The officer shot one bullet which sadly killed Tamir.
I have serious concerns with his the parents. He learned this behavior from somewhere, and I'm wondering what he was all exposed to. I also believe that it is realistic for an 12-year old to know how to operate a firearm if they have been exposed to it.
This is the airsoft replica.
https://s.abcnews.com/images/US/HT_guns_tamir_rice_01_jef_151228_4x3t_992.jpg
As for me, I too had "the talk" with my parents in one form or another. Everybody should be made aware to keep your hands on the wheel, to follow and listen to the officers directives. Fight it in court if you have been wronged. Most people I talk to also have had similar upbringings.

I couldn't care less if he was carrying a real gun.

The officer hopped out of the car and gunned him down without a moment of hesitation. No chance to surrender, no de-escalation, nothing. That's not how you should treat ANYBODY, much less a 12 year old kid in the park.
Gold: 285.00
Oct 24 2020 08:13pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ Oct 24 2020 10:12pm)

The officer hopped out of the car and gunned him down without a moment of hesitation. No chance to surrender, no de-escalation, nothing. That's not how you should treat ANYBODY, much less a 12 year old kid in the park.

He consents for his son to be treated like that, for the record.
Gold: 0.00
Oct 24 2020 08:14pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ Oct 24 2020 09:12pm)

De-escalation? Doesn't sound like the officer had time for de-escalation. Tamir immediately drew his firearm on him from his waistband and aimed it at the police officer.
Oct 24 2020 08:15pm
Quote (Skinned @ Oct 24 2020 09:13pm)
He consents for his son to be treated like that, for the record.

You consent for your son to go around drawing airsoft gun replicas on police officers? And chasing people around in public with an airsoft gun?

I can call the case a tragedy, not blame the police officers and also say there likely was bad parenting involved with this. Sounds like a pretty legitimate stance.

This post was edited by GLYC123 on Oct 24 2020 08:17pm
Gold: 181.99
Oct 24 2020 08:16pm
Quote (BigFat @ Oct 24 2020 06:01pm)
Are we just suppose to assume that black parents at some point sit their children down and explain to them that by nature they are targeted by police

lmfao i'm crying

you don't have to assume, you can literally just ask them

This post was edited by Nathan on Oct 24 2020 08:16pm
Oct 24 2020 08:20pm
Quote (GLYC123 @ Oct 24 2020 10:15pm)
You consent for your son to go around drawing airsoft gun replicas on police officers? And chasing people around in public with an airsoft gun?

I used to play cops and robbers when I was young. Cowboys and Indians. We used to shoot each other with bottle rockets and BB guns too. Kids used to not be such raging pussies.

I would expect a professional police officer to basically not do a drive by on an obvious child. They Chris Kyle up in there.

Quote (Nathan @ Oct 24 2020 10:16pm)
lmfao i'm crying

you don't have to assume, you can literally just ask them

OP obviously doesn't know any, and when around them gtfo asap lol.

And OP would probably argue with them about their lived experience saying it isn't true because it doesn't match up to his lived experience.

Quote (Thor123422 @ Oct 24 2020 10:21pm)
:rofl:

It's funny you still take the police's word on these kinds of things.

and I know you're taking the word of the police because the video is in like 0.5 fps and the interaction is over in about 2 frames.

For the record he would leave his son alone with the Bishop (he said its cool now).

Quote (Thor123422 @ Oct 24 2020 10:21pm)

and I know you're taking the word of the police because the video is in like 0.5 fps and the interaction is over in about 2 frames.

Yeah, there's really no way to describe the event except a drive-by shooting. Straight up murder of a child.

Gee I wonder why people might be burning shit down. Almost like their kids are getting murdered.

Its fucked up when your kids get murdered and ~50% of your neighbors make excuses for the executioners, or call them thugs, character assassinate, etc.

This post was edited by Skinned on Oct 24 2020 08:23pm
Gold: 260.11
Oct 24 2020 08:21pm
Quote (GLYC123 @ Oct 24 2020 09:14pm)
De-escalation? Doesn't sound like the officer had time for de-escalation. Tamir immediately drew his firearm on him from his waistband and aimed it at the police officer.

Quote (Skinned @ Oct 24 2020 09:20pm)
I used to play cops and robbers when I was young. Cowboys and Indians. We used to shoot each other with bottle rockets and BB guns too. Kids used to not be such raging pussies.

I would expect a professional police officer to basically not do a drive by on an obvious child. They Chris Kyle up in there.

Yeah, there's really no way to describe the event except a drive-by shooting. Straight up murder of a child.

Gee I wonder why people might be burning shit down. Almost like their kids are getting murdered.

This post was edited by Thor123422 on Oct 24 2020 08:21pm
Oct 24 2020 08:28pm
Quote (Skinned @ Oct 24 2020 09:20pm)

OP obviously doesn't know any, and when around them gtfo asap lol.

And OP would probably argue with them about their lived experience saying it isn't true because it doesn't match up to his lived experience.

For the record he would leave his son alone with the Bishop (he said its cool now).

Its fucked up when your kids get murdered and ~50% of your neighbors make excuses for the executioners.

Apples to oranges to chasing random people around town, and drawing a replica gun on a responding police officer.

That also sounds like poor parenting.

A BB gun? And bottle rockets? We used to shoot all that crap too but not at each other. I wouldn't call that "being a pussy", just raised with common sense.

Lol. I've met a person before that was blind in one eye from a bottlerocket.
Oct 24 2020 08:32pm
Quote (GLYC123 @ Oct 24 2020 10:28pm)
Apples to oranges to chasing random people around town, and drawing a replica gun on a responding police officer.

That also sounds like poor parenting.

A BB gun? And bottle rockets? We used to shoot all that crap too but not at each other. I wouldn't call that "being a pussy", just raised with common sense.

Lol. I've met a person before that was blind in one eye from a bottlerocket.

I've done way more dangerous things. Thrill-seeking + lack of fear makes for some intense moments. I'm lucky to be intact. I hurt a lot now though, physically.

My two worse encounters with the police: as a teenager I was a hood and one night a cop put me in the back of his car, drove to a dark alley, pointed his pistol in my face, told me nobody would even miss me. I about shit my pants. The second time I was an American soldier in Germany, an adult, with another GI, and told a polizei officer "not to be a sour kraut" and he hit me in the head with a rod that bounced off of my head as I fell. They arrested us both, and our company commander had to come get us. We were more or less being argumentative about not leaving a place we didn't have to leave.

Anybody else have any encounters like this? Curious, I would like to hear some of your cop horror stories.

This post was edited by Skinned on Oct 24 2020 08:36pm
Oct 24 2020 08:36pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ Oct 24 2020 09:21pm)

Sounds like a better position to take than assuming a police officer wants to destroy his own life and career to pounce on the opportunity to just shoot a black kid because it appeals to his racist life goals.

It also seems like taking the police officers words will cause a person to be right in more circumstances than not (and there yes, there have been circumstances where police have lied) -- which for the record, I almost always wait to hear all the evidence, which has saved me from looking like an idiot, unlike all of the BLM clan. Most of you these people have zero idea what they're talking about in regards to being a cop, criminal law, the actual case they're talking about, etc.

For this specific scenario. There also may have been witnesses in this circumstance. Which isn't always the most credible source -- in example, Michael Brown's friend with the famous "hands up don't shoot" hoax when in reality he tried to murder Officer Darren Wilson.

This post was edited by GLYC123 on Oct 24 2020 08:39pm
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev123414Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll