d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > The Social Dilemma And What Do We Change?
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 285.00
Oct 24 2020 07:10am
Umm the problem with social media is that these tech companies are trying to make a billion dollars by providing no value to people.

They don't do anything, they don't create anything, they have placebo communication that tricks people into believing they are connected while isolating them. They are worse than television stations because at least they buy or create content that can be thought provoking and educational while they make money off of advertising, but Facebook does no such thing. It doesn't create content, it steals yours. It is the greatest mass surveillance system on earth. Why on earth are people taking as many pictures as they possibly can and giving them to Mark Zuckerberg? You are all fucking idiots if you do any of this.

It adds no values and society pretends it is this priceless thing and this wave of the future.

What is the problem?

I would say the solution to most of our problems is raise better sons and daughters. Please do not tell your children they are unique snowflakes and one of a kind and that they can literally do anything, that is why you are all so narcissistic and think it is important to put pictures of yourself online.

Facebook will probably not be worth shit as the Boomers die off but young people are prostituting themselves on onlyfans now, and why not, it is the Trump era of morality....America voted for a whoremongering thief who made a fortune bankrupting other peoples' companies.

I feel the same way when I'm with a group of women that all bitch about how bad men are...like yeah, raise better sons, bitches.

This post was edited by Skinned on Oct 24 2020 07:12am
Gold: 17,384.69
Oct 24 2020 09:01am
These companies should be banned, dismantled, for alienating humanity.
Gold: 98,921.50
Oct 24 2020 09:40am
These kind of companies influence public opinion and they're not neutral when it comes to political views. Nuff said, take action against those companies already.

Quote (Skinned @ Oct 24 2020 03:10pm)

I feel the same way when I'm with a group of women that all bitch about how bad men are...like yeah, raise better sons, bitches.

lol, I bet you mingle with feminists and agree with them that all man are bad so you score the woke points you so desperately desire

Gold: 0.00
Oct 24 2020 09:51am
Quote (Skinned @ Oct 24 2020 08:10am)
Umm the problem with social media is that these tech companies are trying to make a billion dollars by providing no value to people.

They don't do anything, they don't create anything, they have placebo communication that tricks people into believing they are connected while isolating them. They are worse than television stations because at least they buy or create content that can be thought provoking and educational while they make money off of advertising, but Facebook does no such thing. It doesn't create content, it steals yours. It is the greatest mass surveillance system on earth. Why on earth are people taking as many pictures as they possibly can and giving them to Mark Zuckerberg? You are all fucking idiots if you do any of this.

It adds no values and society pretends it is this priceless thing and this wave of the future.

What is the problem?

I would say the solution to most of our problems is raise better sons and daughters. Please do not tell your children they are unique snowflakes and one of a kind and that they can literally do anything, that is why you are all so narcissistic and think it is important to put pictures of yourself online.

Facebook will probably not be worth shit as the Boomers die off but young people are prostituting themselves on onlyfans now, and why not, it is the Trump era of morality....America voted for a whoremongering thief who made a fortune bankrupting other peoples' companies.

I agree with some of your points.

This one is one of the exceptions.

"The Trump Era of Morality".

Because there's been nothing wrong with Cancel Culture, Hyper Partisan SJW Cults, Mob Edicts. Mass censorship of opposing voices?

Donald Trump is the only thing standing against this stuff. Trump was elected partially because people hated Hyperpartisan SJW Logic, Trump appeared to be a strong force to counter it, and people saw what direction the United States was headed under the Democratic party during the final years of Obama.

What was it, like 9 million people or so, that voted for Obama, voted for Trump 2016.

One thing on my mind, is when Obama advised us all that if you see something suspicious, you need to report it. Well, remember the clock story? The clock story Obama tried to paint as an act of racism, despite that the clock looked blatantly like a bomb? He threw the school officials and police under the bus who took action for doing what he wanted us all to do. One of many times that he started dividing the nation apart.

Donald Trump was not the creator of the current environment. This existed prior to him coming to politics, unfortunately, it's only gotten worse as our media companies and big tech have divided people even further apart.

Is he not always the most presidential? No he isn't. He can come off at times as a jerk and rude. However, this is no different than the Democratic party either, or the modern day Press.

Also, Social Media is not inherently bad. Though some issues are moving out of control, largely that it disconnects people from reality, holds people to unrealistic standards/increases depression+suicide, serves as an authoritarian political forum/echo chamber.

This post was edited by GLYC123 on Oct 24 2020 10:12am
Gold: 98,921.50
Oct 24 2020 10:55am
This is why these companies should be dismantled

Gold: 88.21
Oct 24 2020 12:08pm
Quote (Djunior @ Oct 24 2020 09:55am)
This is why these companies should be dismantled

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=degKZYsSycY

i'm usually not for heads on pikes

but dorsey and cuckerberg would be mucho satisfaction
Gold: 119,903.34
Oct 24 2020 05:04pm
Pandora's box was opened. There's no turning back. Strap in for a wild ride.
Gold: 63,142.89
Oct 29 2020 12:07am
I haven't heard this suggested yet, but it seems like a fairly obvious step. I'd like to toss it out there just for dissection, but not saying that I personally think it's a good idea:

What if the government just got into the platform game by making a digital forum of their own. Essentially, think of it as a replacement for the post office.

The government already operates many of the public spaces in which free speech is protected. It has the power to manage roads. If people are caught driving on roads in ways that are against the law (such as being without a license, registration or inspection) then people can be punished. So wouldn't it seem like the logical step for the government to get into the new public space? This way, our "dilemma" would be no worse than what we have going on in the current system of public utilities, which is a system that is apparently functional (more functional then the pandora's box of social media, which I would argue is in a position to literally squash our society within the next 30 years). The management of the USPS social media website would be subject the same process of political oversight and public scrutiny which is, while severely flawed, in line with the general philosophy of the country.
Gold: 1.93
Oct 29 2020 01:18am
Quote (GLYC123 @ Oct 25 2020 02:51am)
I agree with some of your points.

This one is one of the exceptions.

"The Trump Era of Morality".

Because there's been nothing wrong with Cancel Culture, Hyper Partisan SJW Cults, Mob Edicts. Mass censorship of opposing voices?

Donald Trump is the only thing standing against this stuff. Trump was elected partially because people hated Hyperpartisan SJW Logic, Trump appeared to be a strong force to counter it, and people saw what direction the United States was headed under the Democratic party during the final years of Obama.

What was it, like 9 million people or so, that voted for Obama, voted for Trump 2016.

One thing on my mind, is when Obama advised us all that if you see something suspicious, you need to report it. Well, remember the clock story? The clock story Obama tried to paint as an act of racism, despite that the clock looked blatantly like a bomb? He threw the school officials and police under the bus who took action for doing what he wanted us all to do. One of many times that he started dividing the nation apart.

Donald Trump was not the creator of the current environment. This existed prior to him coming to politics, unfortunately, it's only gotten worse as our media companies and big tech have divided people even further apart.

Is he not always the most presidential? No he isn't. He can come off at times as a jerk and rude. However, this is no different than the Democratic party either, or the modern day Press.

Also, Social Media is not inherently bad. Though some issues are moving out of control, largely that it disconnects people from reality, holds people to unrealistic standards/increases depression+suicide, serves as an authoritarian political forum/echo chamber.

Hate to break it to you champ, trump tries to censor stuff all the time, he is cancer culture in a human body.
Gold: 260.11
Oct 29 2020 01:19am
Quote (Plaguefear @ Oct 29 2020 02:18am)
Hate to break it to you champ, trump tries to censor stuff all the time, he is cancer culture in a human body.

It's only cancel culture when they disagree though
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll