d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > User Blogs > Ryan's Random Blog: The Final Frontier
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 39.70
Oct 22 2020 06:26am
I decided to create one last blog on D2jsp because all of my previous blogs have simply been closed due to three months of inactivity. As I've gotten older I just haven't done a good job extending my energy to a million different places. However, when I'm not playing Heroes of the Storm, Ladder Slasher, Diablo 2 or Diablo 3, I'm going to try and focus solely on this blog. Even if it means less posting on other sub-forums. I always look around the various communities, especially on the Sports Coliseum, and I see too much drama and combative remarks between different users. I love everybody on here and it's painful for me to sit around and wonder how can I help? I truly wish I could solve every problem to make others feel happy. That's all I ever wanted.

Those of you that know me well understand that I'm a kind and gentle soul. I have a heart of gold but I'm also a big nerd. Let's face it. I still feel like I'm a teenager even though I'm up there in years. I've had so much fun on D2jsp since I first joined back in October of 2009. I had recently hit my eleven-year anniversary on here. I've always had the user name Madmartigan but due to a recent football bet that I lost I had to change my name to MADmartigan which is both funny and awkward. MAD makes me seem like I'm either in a guild called MAD, or I'm just an emotionally unstable person that is constantly upset. You can decide!

Most of the time I don't have a lot of forum gold and the few times I do I'll just lose it on sports betting or poker. I've dealt with obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) all throughout my life and I know I'm just a compulsive gambler. I have no other honest way to explain this bittersweet addiction, and it helps me when I can just openly discuss it. I do have a lot of fun even when I lose so it's not like I don't enjoy gambling. If sports gambling were ever legalized in the state of Texas one day I'd probably become homeless gambling away all my money like a madman or MAD I should say. The good thing is I don't really have a lot of use for forum gold. I make due with the little items I have on Diablo 2 and Ladder Slasher. I can succeed with average gear at best. The only thing I want to do is max out my profile media slots. I've got 6/10 and I can still purchase four more for 2000 forum gold aka 500 apiece. But I don't think I'll ever be able to do that because I seem to come up short of accomplishing all my personal goals on D2jsp. I like to watch and listen to the six YouTube videos on my profile while I play Ladder Slasher. It keeps me sane and awake during those grueling solo climbs.

I'm just going to dive right in and say that I'm deeply frustrated by the Houston Texans being 1-5 so far this season. I felt like they should've beaten the Steelers, Vikings and Titans, and we should be 4-2 right now. We blew a second half lead in two of those games. Since firing Bill O'Brien I've seen the team play a lot better during the past two games. Even our dismal defense which can't stop the run has been forcing more turnovers. Deshaun Watson has looked sensational post-O'Brien and is third in the NFL in passing yards. We're in great shape on the offensive line with Laremy Tunsil (pro bowler) at left tackle and Tytus Howard (second-year stud) at right tackle. It's been our inconsistent guard play that has let us down up front. But overall our offensive line is young and talented. Most 1-5 teams don't have a great quarterback with a talented offensive line like we do. That will definitely help us become a great team faster once we hire a good general manager and head coach during the off-season. Despite not having a first or second-round draft pick we'll still be in good shape to have a rather fast turn around going into 2021.

I have so much more to discuss but I'll do so later. I'm trying to finish another challenging solo climb on Ladder Slasher with my Barbarian named MachineGunKelly. Surprisingly, I haven't died with him yet. My goal is to reach 40,000 kills with 0 deaths. I've earned 20 guild points for Harley's Playhouse, all during the infamous year of 2020, and I definitely put in a lot of hard work on Ladder Slasher. I'm a solo slasher and receive no help. So everything I have is all earned with my blood, sweat and tears. Some days I just feel too exhausted to play but other days I'm feeling motivated and hungry to succeed. It just depends how I feel on that particular day. And when I'm not actively on D2jsp you already know it's because I'm playing Heroes of the Storm. I recently played a match against FanHOTS. He's a pro gamer and one of the best HotS player in the world. Needless to say I lost and he killed me seven times. It was remarkable the way he played so flawlessly. I stood no chance but I enjoyed the learning experience for sure.

God bless everybody! Please know that I genuinely appreciate and love all of you. I'll never give up through good times and bad. Thank you.
Go Back To User Blogs Topic List
Add Reply New Topic