d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Hockey > Off Season Changes For Each Team
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 10,995.01
Oct 22 2020 05:41pm
Quote (Secksii @ Oct 22 2020 07:38pm)
Philadelphia Flyers

Wins Added: -0.1 wins

Salary Added: -$6.75 million

In: Erik Gustafsson

Out: Matt Niskanen, Derek Grant, Tyler Pitlick, Nate Thompson

Matt Niskanen’s retirement was a huge surprise and he won’t be easily replaced. Erik Gustafsson can be a decent offensive catalyst but his defensive struggles make him an unlikely match on the top pair playing tough minutes. It’s an odd fit and the Flyers come out behind on that swap. Where they make up ground is in ditching Derek Grant and especially Nate Thompson, as the latter projects to be well below replacement level. The team’s forward group is stronger but the back end remains a concern.

grant didnt really do shit in philly i thought thompson was pretty good
out of all the rental pick ups though i thought pitlick was the guy to keep around but he just let everybody walk

and yeah gust is a weird fit cause we need a #1 rd im not sure myers is ready for that yet and i dont think gust is either
even as a 2nd line RD i feel thats like gusts highest potential but then we got him and sanheim? seems like that could be issues defensively sanheim had some struggles
i really just dont see how he fits in our D it makes zero sense instead of using that cap on a trade to bring in somebody gust

niskanen retring was shitty but opened up so much potential and he blew it lol

This post was edited by dragoneth on Oct 22 2020 05:46pm
Gold: 10.55
Oct 24 2020 04:01pm
+6 wins, nice, we'll still be dead last by a wide margin 😂
Go Back To Hockey Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll