d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > General Help > Site Suggestions >
Poll > Add Search Bar To All Ladder Slasher Subs
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 0.00
Oct 15 2020 08:38pm
For the ladder slasher forums, i think it would be nice to have a search bar on the other sub forums and not only trade sections.

Reason:
Instead of posting “what’s up with this” or “how does this work”, someone could search the topic like “glyph” and BOOM there some threads that probably answer your question without having to make a new post that more than likely is same as older post

Also, the stickied guides are old af and confuse tf outa new players who are like “wtf are these pics? I don’t think this is even the same game” and they end up looking for guides in the character build section... and if the good guides are not pinned or bumped on the reg, a simple search would be nice

As for the third option of some, I don’t think the ls guild chat or cata needs one, I can’t think of a reason for either those to have one.
Gold: 18,352.00
Oct 16 2020 11:07pm
Wouldn't hurt, but whilst on that note...

Would it not make more sense to update these guides?
Get Archive to do it, since hes trying to update guides for his TT and he clearly has no business doing the PC ones with his inability to understand the English language.
Gold: 0.69
Trader: Trusted
Oct 17 2020 05:14am
Should stickies be upgraded to help during the current patch? Sure.
Just gotta find someone wanting to do it.

Requires a search bar for outside trading forums?
Wouldn't be the end of the world, but I have a feeling it would eventually be asked everywhere outside of trading forums.

Although, even if a search was added AND stickies was updated, I have a feeling people would still ask questions with new topics.

This post was edited by Djsem on Oct 17 2020 05:14am
Gold: 0.00
Oct 19 2020 09:33pm
Well, I just tried to make a post in a thread in the character guide section of ls and couldn’t because last post was over 3 months ago.

Would be nice to post a quick question in thread pertaining to topic than making a brand new thread and diluting the guides section.

Would think the LS forums would be on point like the d2 forums as the game is a jsp game
Gold: 3,194.69
Nov 25 2020 09:51am
It is more complex than just applying the existing search to other subs.

As the existing search is designed for parsing trades. In effort to show you relavent results you wont see threads from months back, (even if they have recents bumps/posts)

Presently users have to be savy enough to use google and punch in site:d2jsp.org to search within the domain.

Yes a more robust search function would be nice. However based on the fg paywall on user post searches, the cooldown time on trade searches, & all the cooldowns built into Ladder Slasher it would appear that Paul is trying to limit the amount of computational work the server has to deal with(motovation being server responsivness and costs) So I would not expect any added featues in the department.
Gold: 10,687.34
Warn: 90%
Dec 27 2020 02:41am
Sure.
Gold: 10,687.34
Warn: 90%
Jan 12 2021 10:53pm
Bump
Go Back To Site Suggestions Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll