d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Player vs. Monster > Why D2 Is The Greatest Game Ever - Input Welcome
Prev123
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Oct 17 2020 10:58am
Quote (Melatonina @ Oct 17 2020 07:43pm)
If grim dawn is too complex Imagine Kimbo playing dark souls lmao

Nah, Grim Dawn is not too complex, it just has some stuff there that i consider to be unnecessary. Don't know about Dark Souls, but you're probably right there. When it comes to unnecessary complexity, Path of Exile is the game that i would consider to be a clusterfuck and i'm sure i'm not the only one.
Gold: 5,450.00
Oct 17 2020 03:14pm
Quote (KillingIsMyBusiness @ Oct 17 2020 10:46am)
All that being said, i'm going to repeat myself by saying that i consider Diablo 2 to be superior to all the mention games here, because, guess what? They do have their own flaws:

Torchlight 2 has a terrible take on the difficulty system. You choose between 4 difficulties when making a character and you're stuck with it. When you beat the game you start a new game+ and the monsters are up to your level, but the game is still on the difficulty you chose at the start. Thankfully you can increase the difficulty in a LAN game, but once you switch again to single player, you're back on your starting difficulty. That's maybe my only complaint about the game, because other than wanting to see your character fully built at level 100, there's nothing else to keep you going past the first playthrough... Oh, did i mention that there's no benefit whatsoever in playing on higher difficulties? So if you want to grind items, just play on casual difficulty (which is bellow normal), because you're NOT getting higher drop chances on Normal, Veteran or Elite where there's a trade of in clear speed, so why would you waste your time there? That's a ruined potential at its finest! I'm not gonna complain about the cartoonish nature of the game, because for me, once again, it's a nice change of tone and pace... i don't like everything to look like Diablo 2, especially if i'm looking to take a break from D2. That's why i love the look of the game.

Titan Quest doesn't have randomly generated areas, but that's not the problem. The problem is that the monsters are also NOT randomly generated, which is a massive drop on replayability. You only get random miniboss spawns, but that's it. For that reason, i go back to TQ a lot less often than Diablo 2 where you can get all sorts of surprising encounters and battles with unique and champion packs with random abilities and auras.
Grim Dawn does the same thing as TQ, but at least there you have different enemy factions and when you reach maximum hostility level with a certain faction, they increase the spawns of its members and even send unique bosses to hunt you down... it's actually a pretty awesome concept. What i hate about Grim Dawn though, is the Arena! It's called The Crucible, which is a rip off of Darksiders 2's arena. What makes it bad, is that they made the Crucible the best place to find epic and legendary gear, which ruins the purpose to go out and farm the world for anything other than MI's, relics and charms - you have no idea how much i despise the Crucible concept. Why doing fun things and travel the world, when you can stay in one f'n arena for hours on end, to farm your best items? And you will eventually go there and do it, because you'll want to get the best gear, when you get frustrated with bad luck and rng. F the Crucible! So yeah, i know i mentioned Grim Dawns grind as a big positive in the previous post, but that's because i played the game mainly before the expansions and the addition of the Cricible.

It's also a big minus that all these games have useless common and magic items (the equivalent of the blue items in D2)... In the Titan Quest you can get some really good resistanse magical items, but for the most part, magical items become useless once you're passed acts 3 or 4 - it's all rares, epics and uniques after that. None of these games can figure out what to do with low tier items, unlike Diablo 2 where you can find yourself looking out for specific white and grey items on Hell difficulty, not only because of runeword bases, but also because some of them sell at a maximum price. Non of this is in TQ, GD, or TL - thank god, at least they have built in item filters... :D

Well, i think that sums up my 2 cents on these games... at least that's the things i can think of right now, because i'm in a long break from all Diablo 2 clones.

A lot of information and input. Thanks!
Gold: 450.69
Oct 17 2020 11:11pm
What makes D2 so great?

The loot system.

Nothing comes close to the loot system of D2, it is so thoroughly thought out and enables more than any other games loot system.

Take for example. VLLD, LLD, MLD

I would have way more input about this all but to me this is what makes the game great and still playable, its diversity.
Gold: 2,836.00
Oct 18 2020 04:04am
Ambient , Trade, Loot and Ego make this game 100% solid and replayeable. You can enjoy trading , gearing (making builds-synergies), crafting , crossing fingers to see a Tyrael armor once in your life. Even you can learn to programing only to dont play this game.
Gold: 69.69
Warn: 40%
Oct 18 2020 04:12am
The thing I liked about Diablo2 is that when we had a team duels (4v4s), I could call my teammate a fucking garbage trash troll, without getting penalty, chat restriction, 1 week ban or anything of a kind.
When logging to d2 for some duels, you knew your ass will be roasted for barely any mistakes you do, and that's what made us strong.

Seeing snowflakes in newer games makes me feel sorry for dem kids nowadays

This post was edited by SylvesterStallone on Oct 18 2020 04:12am
Gold: 115,893.00
Oct 18 2020 01:59pm
trading, capitalism.

i remember back in the days.
buy an item for dirt cheap cuz the sucker didn't know it's value. Sell it for 50x profit. all in sojs lol.

PVP, as broken as it is at times........its still fun.

HARDCORE is really hardcore. die and lose everything. Unlike Diablo 3, die and keep stash and paragon lvls. wtf is that?
i tried grim dawn, couldn't play more than 4 hours of it, it got boring. I tried torchlight series, even torchlight 3. i hate the characters, the lore, the dumb as fuck cartoonish graphics. i tried wolcen, was fun for 1 pllaythru. needs better end game.
Gold: 225,299.00
Oct 18 2020 04:05pm
Quote (chorro @ Oct 18 2020 03:59pm)
trading, capitalism.

i remember back in the days.
buy an item for dirt cheap cuz the sucker didn't know it's value. Sell it for 50x profit. all in sojs lol.

PVP, as broken as it is at times........its still fun.

HARDCORE is really hardcore. die and lose everything. Unlike Diablo 3, die and keep stash and paragon lvls. wtf is that?
i tried grim dawn, couldn't play more than 4 hours of it, it got boring. I tried torchlight series, even torchlight 3. i hate the characters, the lore, the dumb as fuck cartoonish graphics. i tried wolcen, was fun for 1 pllaythru. needs better end game.

This for me. I love the capitalism aspect and hardcore as well.
Gold: 505.00
Oct 19 2020 06:21am
Quote (Chronicle420 @ Oct 18 2020 07:11am)
What makes D2 so great?

The loot system.

Nothing comes close to the loot system of D2, it is so thoroughly thought out and enables more than any other games loot system.

Take for example. VLLD, LLD, MLD

I would have way more input about this all but to me this is what makes the game great and still playable, its diversity.

Path of exile have a better loot system, it's inspired by d2 tho.

That's what's so great about poe and d2. It's very enjoyable to play solo self found, u are not supposed to trade in ARPGs imo.

This post was edited by Dorislol on Oct 19 2020 06:24am
Go Back To Player vs. Monster Topic List
Prev123
Add Reply New Topic New Poll