d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Player vs. Monster > Khehan's Journey's Journal
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Oct 15 2020 12:31am
Hello! I am once again starting a character in hardcore. I am playing my first necromancer. I will be playing for the most parts with a friend of mine ''Rynen''
Playing on Battle.net ladder.
Untwinked

I saw people posting their journey on here, and thought ''why not?''

I Will try to keep images to a strict relevant minimum.

This will be romanticized yet faithful to my character's Journey.

Prologue

The day has risen on the eastern far forest of Kehjistan.
Faint slivers of light filtered through the canopy of dark trees surrounding the underground city belonging to the priests of Rathma.

As I looked down upon the growing ground, rich of worms and decaying leaves, something tingled inside of me.
A faint whisper coming from the west. A darkness that once crept upon the world began to fill my very being with fright.

I rode fast, further upon the road leading to Lut Gholein. It was a few days away at a crossroad when the whispers finally transformed into flesh,
and the same flesh tore me from my steed. They were beasts. Beasts of short stature, horned and armed of simple steel.
Screaming in a language I recognised only from the dark ones. They charged at me.

My dagger broke into the ribs of one's creature. From my belt I gathered a single wand, imbued with the magic of my craft.
Aiming at the chest of the dying horned beast, I shouted, reaching in my own life force, commanding the very bones of my enemy to serve me.

It's spine snapped loudly, tearing the flesh apart. Soon, femurs and radius sprung up, hung by invisible strings.
Before I could command it, sharp pain radiated into my thigh. Two beasts had flanked me.
Their numbers rapidly grew to a dozen, circling around me like wolves a wounded deer.

The bones at my side swung without emotions, while I kicked about the little devils in their angry faces.
Valiantly we fought until the soil was satiated with blood. But their numbers was too many.

A sharp pain flew upon the base of my neck to the tip of my skull, darkness envelopped me as the bones shattered into white shards at my feet.

[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/LvCvjQR.jpg[/IMG]

I woke, covered in crusted blood, vision blurred and ears ringing. A tall shadowy figure came over to me.
I fell backward, with no strenght to fight back. It raised it's arm towards my head, my heart throbbing as I made peace with the surroundiing balance.

Then suddenly, calmness overtook me. The ringing was gone and my vision started to clear. My eyes adjusted to the light pouring from the clouds ahead.

''Night is coming, can you walk?''

A man of skin as dark as the bark of trees outside the city of Kurast was looming over me.

I rolled over to my side, using a boulder to gather myself up. My leg seemed to have healed; strange I thought.
I picked my wand from the ground and nodded. Only then, did I see the carnage surrounding me.
Broken horns, torn limbs and a river of blood puddling around our feet.

Red, dragged trails led a few paces away. Opalc, my loyal horse, laid in crimson mud with both eyes missing.
His torso had been forced open, broken ribs flung around his body. Butchered.

''Name's Rynen'' said the man, his eyes staring down the road.
''There is camp, further down this road. I can lead you there, but from there you are on your own.''

I did not like this idea at all. Lut Gholein was within reach, a few day's walk across the desert at most.
The evil we thought vanquished had returned and time was of the essence. I voiced my concerns to my newfound savior.

''Suicide. The corruption has spread through the sands. Oasis long guarded have befallen to creatures of nightmares.''
A grim shadow covered his eyes. ''I tried, this is the only way.''

He swung his buckler across his back with a strap, then began walking down the road. Leaving me no choice but to follow.

This post was edited by AtomicFarts on Oct 15 2020 12:35am
Gold: 1,194.00
Oct 15 2020 03:15am
You need a higher postcount to post Images :p

This post was edited by Ston3 on Oct 15 2020 03:15am
Gold: 0.00
Oct 15 2020 11:20am
Quote (Ston3 @ Oct 15 2020 05:15am)
You need a higher postcount to post Images :p

Ohhh hahah, well I used to lurk so much here. Never had an account. Decided why not!
Gold: 225,299.00
Oct 15 2020 01:10pm
Quote (AtomicFarts @ Oct 15 2020 01:20pm)
Ohhh hahah, well I used to lurk so much here. Never had an account. Decided why not!

Welcome! I lurked here for over a year myself before finally joining.
Gold: 1,194.00
Oct 15 2020 11:54pm
Quote (AtomicFarts @ Oct 15 2020 07:20pm)

You can easily increase your Post Count by rating some items in trophy room for example :santa:
Im not sure how much posts you need to Post Images, maybe 30? Somebody knows?
Anyway gl with your wt, ill follow

This post was edited by Ston3 on Oct 15 2020 11:54pm
Gold: 225,299.00
Oct 16 2020 08:10am
Quote (Ston3 @ Oct 16 2020 01:54am)
You can easily increase your Post Count by rating some items in trophy room for example :santa:
Im not sure how much posts you need to Post Images, maybe 30? Somebody knows?
Anyway gl with your wt, ill follow

I am pretty sure it’s only 15 posts to unlock image privileges.
Gold: 0.95
Oct 17 2020 06:14pm
Quote (FallenZealot @ Oct 16 2020 10:10am)
I am pretty sure it’s only 15 posts to unlock image privileges.

Sounds like the right number to me too..
Go Back To Player vs. Monster Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll