d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Why Do We Ignore Right Wing Terrorism Here?
Prev1234521Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2,489.69
Oct 14 2020 06:30am
Quote (Santara @ Oct 14 2020 07:23am)
You mean how WI and MN have nearly identical populations, and MN (which did an aggressive shutdown) has 45% more deaths, but MN is "doing fine" kind of disaster?

Wi: 163k cases w/ 1518 deaths

Mn: 114k cases w/ 2204 deaths

shutdowns are about stopping the spread to prevent deaths, you guys stopped the spread better and have more deaths. maybe try eating more cheese.

for refererence:

Mi: 153k cases w/ 7255 deaths WITH A HARD SHUTDOWN

imagine the deathtoll if the state was left more open. they have a very poor population likely with poor access to healthcare. if i got shot in Detroit i'd ask to be medflighted to Madison.

also for reference, change over day percent currently

Mi: 6.2%
Mn: 8.4%
Wi: 13.9%

This post was edited by thesnipa on Oct 14 2020 06:33am
Gold: 8,933.00
Oct 14 2020 06:52am
Quote (Mangix @ Oct 14 2020 07:20am)
Maybe the problem is that such a large swath of society is so dependant on their 9-5 job that even a week off puts them at risk of eviction and not that the governor was trying to protect people from large waves of death.

You can't simultaneously have all the benefits but never any of the downsides to capitalism.

I'm not interested in her intentions, I'm interested in her efficacy. As dad likes to say: "if you want in one hand, and shit in the other, guess which one will fill up first."

Quote (thesnipa @ Oct 14 2020 07:30am)
Wi: 163k cases w/ 1518 deaths

Mn: 114k cases w/ 2204 deaths

shutdowns are about stopping the spread to prevent deaths, you guys stopped the spread better and have more deaths. maybe try eating more cheese.

for refererence:

Mi: 153k cases w/ 7255 deaths WITH A HARD SHUTDOWN

imagine the deathtoll if the state was left more open. they have a very poor population likely with poor access to healthcare. if i got shot in Detroit i'd ask to be medflighted to Madison.

also for reference, change over day percent currently

Mi: 6.2%
Mn: 8.4%
Wi: 13.9%

People who go outside in the summer get more vitamin D, which is an extremely well documented anti-viral nutrient. People with dark skin have a much harder time producing it naturally, and it shows in Michigan's death numbers - they have far more minorities, and those minorities are about twice as likely to succumb to the disease as a white person as a result.
Gold: 25.00
Oct 14 2020 06:55am
Quote (Santara @ Oct 14 2020 08:52am)
I'm not interested in her intentions, I'm interested in her efficacy. As dad likes to say: "if you want in one hand, and shit in the other, guess which one will fill up first."

People who go outside in the summer get more vitamin D, which is an extremely well documented anti-viral nutrient. People with dark skin have a much harder time producing it naturally, and it shows in Michigan's death numbers - they have far more minorities, and those minorities are about twice as likely to succumb to the disease as a white person as a result.

These two paragraphs side by side are the weirdest self own I've ever seen.
Oct 14 2020 06:59am
Quote (Santara @ Oct 14 2020 07:52am)

so by extension minnesota's death numbers are due to Somalis?
Gold: 2,617.52
Oct 14 2020 07:08am
Quote (Santara @ Oct 14 2020 08:23am)
You mean how WI and MN have nearly identical populations, and MN (which did an aggressive shutdown) has 45% more deaths, but MN is "doing fine" kind of disaster?

They cant be reasoned with

They know the shutdowns are political tools to kill the economy but they dont care about human life
Oct 14 2020 07:10am
Quote (Mangix @ Oct 14 2020 07:55am)
These two paragraphs side by side are the weirdest self own I've ever seen.

I'm not seeing it. I don't believe Whitmer has any "efficacy."

Quote (thesnipa @ Oct 14 2020 07:59am)
so by extension minnesota's death numbers are due to Somalis?

No, they're due to herding people indoors, where they get less vitamin D.
Oct 14 2020 07:18am
Quote (Santara @ Oct 14 2020 08:10am)
I'm not seeing it. I don't believe Whitmer has any "efficacy."

No, they're due to herding people indoors, where they get less vitamin D.

Every person i know got more yard work done this year than ever before, public parks were one of the few places that remained open. and vitamin d supplements are dirt cheap. for many people they got to get outside rather than be stuck in an office for 40 hours a week. i just dont see how vitamin D alone explains the numbers, and if it does the NAACP should be petitioning for supplements for their people. i am sure its a contributing factor, but when the failing metropolitan areas of detroit, flynt, etc are involved a poor infrastructure seems far more causal. they have lead pipes for pete's sake.

This post was edited by thesnipa on Oct 14 2020 07:18am
Oct 14 2020 07:25am
Quote (thesnipa @ Oct 14 2020 08:18am)
Every person i know got more yard work done this year than ever before, public parks were one of the few places that remained open. and vitamin d supplements are dirt cheap. for many people they got to get outside rather than be stuck in an office for 40 hours a week. i just dont see how vitamin D alone explains the numbers, and if it does the NAACP should be petitioning for supplements for their people. i am sure its a contributing factor, but when the failing metropolitan areas of detroit, flynt, etc are involved a poor infrastructure seems far more causal. they have lead pipes for pete's sake.

Every person you know. In the middle of nowhere. Not in an urban center where minorities tend to be crammed into apartment complexes and row houses with tiny plots.

The problem can be seen in the numbers nationwide: https://www.beckershospitalreview.com/rankings-and-ratings/state-breakdown-of-covid-19-deaths-by-race-ethnicity.html
Oct 14 2020 07:40am
Quote (Santara @ Oct 14 2020 08:25am)
Every person you know. In the middle of nowhere. Not in an urban center where minorities tend to be crammed into apartment complexes and row houses with tiny plots.

The problem can be seen in the numbers nationwide: https://www.beckershospitalreview.com/rankings-and-ratings/state-breakdown-of-covid-19-deaths-by-race-ethnicity.html

its not 1800, i know people who live more than a day's wagon ride away.

and race alone and vitamin d uptake doesn't control for access to healthcare, nor diabetes trends, obesity trends, diet, smoking trends, number of multigenerational households and/or child care arrangements.

if i had to wildly speculate i'd say causally it would be like:

access to healthcare > number of multigenerational households and/or child care arrangements > obesity and diabetes > vitamin D
Gold: 285.00
Oct 14 2020 07:52am
One reason we ignore right wing terrorism is clearly rationalization and tacit agreement.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1234521Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll